If this draft is so deep at WR, why not double up

Flamma

Reaction score
What about Chase Claypool in the 2nd if he's there? Dude is a rather large specimen.

Jake0

Reaction score
Julio Jones isn't ever described as a possession receiver. He's a blue chip athlete.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That"s not the common usage of the term.

#1 WR with elite contested ball skills is what you want.

There was a huge difference in Dez and Irvin. One was an elite route runner. The other one just ran around randomly while Romo ran around waiting for him to get a little separation before throwing him a jump ball.

I know I'm using the possession receiver term incorrectly. What I tried to get across was, rather more of a big WR, then a small speedy one. A receiver like Kenny Golladay from the Lions is the type I hope they target, not a Tavon Austin, Tedd Ginn.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I'm using the possession receiver term incorrectly. What I tried to get across was, rather more of a big WR, then a small speedy one. A receiver like Kenny Golladay from the Lions is the type I hope they target, not a Tavon Austin, Tedd Ginn.

Yes, I understand. You want a #1 WR with elite contested ball skills. That's usually a big WR; although, Steve Smith was a better contested ball WR than many bigger players.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yes, I understand. You want a #1 WR with elite contested ball skills. That's usually a big WR; although, Steve Smith was a better contested ball WR than many bigger players.

A player like Michael Pittman Jr. intrigues me for the Cowboys:

-Big Size
-Strong Hands-our WR unit struggles with drops
-Large Catch Radius, especially with Dak who struggles with passing accuracy at times.
-Good route runner
-Red Zone Weapon
-Can help on Special Teams