If this guy were playing today, he'd be breaking NFL records!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
A lot of unhappiness at the QB position with Cowboys fans....

People bringing back Romo highlights, and Aikman understandably gets a lot of attention because he's the last Super Bowl winner.

But this is what I hope our next QB is all about. Good time to remind everyone what true greatness looks like at QB.

You liked Romo's pocket maneuvering or Dak's open field speed? You're going to get even more with Roger the Dodger.

You liked Aikman's big league arm? Look no further than Captain Comeback.

You liked the respect Jimmy and Parcells had from the team? Look no further than #12.

You like Jerry's money? Roger Staubach is richer than Peyton Manning or A-Rod, and he didn't get it from his contracts. Be nice if he decided to buy the team one day. :muttley:

staubach.jpg

HIGHLIGHT VIDEO. WOULD WE BE 1-3 IN PLAYOFFS LAST 3 YEARS WITH #12?

Blackrain

Reaction score
The Best of the Best the man along with Tom Landry that made the Dallas Cowboys.

A true football legend he would dominate today's League like no other with the way the rules are he would play past 40 .

Great watching video of when we were the Dallas Cowboys.

Long live the legend of the ultimate cowboy Roger Staubach

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
#12 Roger Staubach, my all-time favorite Dallas Cowboy by far! Captain America/Captain Comeback! He certainly was the best dual threat QB in Cowboys history. But, he was also surrounded by arguably some of the best talent both on Offense, Defense and Special Teams in Cowboys franchise history. That certainly helped. Doomsday I and Doomsday II Defenses. All that talent both on Offense and Defense. Every one of those 70s and early 80s Dallas Cowboys teams were loaded!

plymkr

Reaction score
Anyone who had the privilege of watching Rodger Staubach play in the moment.
Knows that we have never had a quarterback since that possessed his talent and ability to lead men
I got the privilege of watching him play, well not in person but on TV, and he was the best QB we’ve had. And I say this with all due to respect to the QBs that followed him. No disrespecting any other QB but Roger was a hero in the field and off the field.

Vabchshark

Reaction score

People bringing back Romo highlights, and Aikman understandably gets a lot of attention because he's the last Super Bowl winner.

But this is what I hope our next QB is all about. Good time to remind everyone what true greatness looks like at QB.

You liked Romo's pocket maneuvering or Dak's open field speed? You're going to get even more with Roger the Dodger.

You liked the respect Jimmy and Parcells had from the team? Look no further than #12.

You like Jerry's money? Roger Staubach is richer than Peyton Manning or A-Rod, and he didn't get it from his contracts. Be nice if he decided to buy the team one day. :muttley:

staubach.jpg

My All-Time favorite Cowboy!! Captain Come back! If Roger was in the game in the 4th quarter, you always, always felt the team had a chance to win!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

staubach.jpg

Who is this???

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak lol
Some of u are delusional.

If this were the 70s-90s Dak would have been out of the league in 2 years.
Check that, he never would have been drafted.
I’m a bonafide Dak hater but you’re going to make me defend him with this take.

The average weight of an offensive line in the 70s was 256 pounds.

Dak weights 240.

He was as big as a 1970s offensive lineman.

You drop a modern day scrub like Dak into the 1970s NFL and he’s setting records that’ll never be broken.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

staubach.jpg

The Man
The Myth
The Legend
I give you Captain America!!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I got the privilege of watching him play, well not in person but on TV, and he was the best QB we’ve had. And I say this with all due to respect to the QBs that followed him. No disrespecting any other QB but Roger was a hero in the field and off the field.
The best and it's not even close.
This man was great on and off the field.
My childhood hero and the reason I became a Cowboys fan.
:thumbup:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’m a bonafide Dak hater but you’re going to make me defend him with this take.

The average weight of an offensive line in the 70s was 256 pounds.

Dak weights 240.

He was as big as a 1970s offensive lineman.

You drop a modern day scrub like Dak into the 1970s NFL and he’s setting records that’ll never be broken.
Stepnoski was a beast at 260.