If this guy were playing today, he'd be breaking NFL records!

plasticman

Reaction score
Roger Staubach is the reason I have been a Cowboys fan for over 50 years.

He was my hero as a youngster.

The moment that Landry finally made the right decision on the starting QB, the Cowboys became annual contenders.

No matter how far behind the Cowboys were in a game, they had a chance so long as Roger was on the field. Talk about a player that had "it"......

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Best of the Best the man along with Tom Landry that made the Dallas Cowboys.

A true football legend he would dominate today's League like no other with the way the rules are he would play past 40 .

Great watching video of when we were the Dallas Cowboys.

Long live the legend of the ultimate cowboy Roger Staubach
It was truly an amazing time, those that never witnessed Roger Dodger live, need to spend some time watching some of his film, the dude was just gracefully perfect, cant explain it or describe it any better than that.... Gracefully Perfect...

Blackrain

Reaction score
It was truly an amazing time, those that never witnessed Roger Dodger live, need to spend some time watching some of his film, the dude was just gracefully perfect, cant explain it or describe it any better than that.... Gracefully Perfect...
Very well put and he was respected by everyone no one ever had a bad word to say about him he represented the league in a positive way at all times on and off the field.

I agree that would do a lot of current fans some good to watch Rogers film although seeing it live in the moment can never be duplicated the confidence that he inspired I have never felt since you just had a feeling way down deep in your gut that no matter what happened he would prevail if there was some time left.

With the way the rules were back then his contribution to the game and the Cowboys was so great that it is really hard to be measured in today's world.

Just glad I had the privilege of watching him work as it is a true testament that doing things the right way pays off