If this guy were playing today, he'd be breaking NFL records!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a bonafide Dak hater but you’re going to make me defend him with this take.

The average weight of an offensive line in the 70s was 256 pounds.

Dak weights 240.

He was as big as a 1970s offensive lineman.

You drop a modern day scrub like Dak into the 1970s NFL and he’s setting records that’ll never be broken.
There were some big dudes back then too (Kapp,Bradshaw, Moon) but coverages were tight If you couldn't pass the ball you were toast. Not to mention defenders were allowed to ring your bell when they did hit you and beat your receivers to a pulp till the ball was in the air.
You think he's nervous in the pocket now? Lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Vietnam Vet, Naval Officer. Pardon me if I call BS to anyone who says Dak ever had anything on Roger.
No one would ever say such a thing. Roger was maybe the best QB I ever saw. I would be hard pressed to rank any QB in any era ahead of him. The best I could give any of them would be a tie. Dude was the total package.. Arm, accuracy, mobility, football IQ, toughness.. and the fact that he was one of the finest human beings to ever walk the Earth is just gravy. Dak is a wonderful QB and a great human being.. but he aint supplanting Roger in anything except career earnings.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This moment made me feel like Big Mac was officially a Cowboys Coach. LOL

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
My uncle was his teammate at Annapolis. Meeting him when I was a kid was my motivation to play football. That was the first step in my journey to a D1 scholarship and earning two degrees, marrying a hot cheerleader, and having a damn good life to this day. Roger is an American hero as well as mine.

khiladi

Reaction score

Dak weights 240.

You drop a modern day scrub like Dak into the 1970s NFL and he’s setting records that’ll never be broken.
The problem with that take is the DB rules…. And he isn’t throwing to guys on turf, but grass and without sticky gloves. He’s also wearing those wack uniforms with big shoulder pads… He would be awful..

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Someone should ask Roger if he always says "Pour some honey on me" before facing a bear.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Charlie Waters once said, "Regardless of the score or the opponent, if Roger was in the game, we felt like, no, almost knew we would win the game."

No one has ever said that about no. 4.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak weights 240.

Imagine Mahomes back then....Roger is an all time great, but the game has definitely changed....not for the better.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This is why I stay a Cowboy fan despite everything. He was one of my idols growing up. Roger was simply the best.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I got the privilege of watching him play, well not in person but on TV, and he was the best QB we’ve had. And I say this with all due to respect to the QBs that followed him. No disrespecting any other QB but Roger was a hero in the field and off the field.
Well said brother and I don't think any quarterback would feel disrespected taking a back seat to Roger Staubach can't even imagine what he would have accomplished if he didn't have to fulfill his commitment to our armed forces.
I feel sure there would be another super bowl trophy in our cabinet

Blackrain

Reaction score
Charlie Waters once said, "Regardless of the score or the opponent, if Roger was in the game, we felt like, no, almost knew we would win the game."

No one has ever said that about no. 4.
And opponents said the same thing they never felt any lead was safe as long as there was time on the clock and Roger was in the game.
He thrived on pressure led men to play above their heads and made us proud to be fans of the Dallas Cowboys