If this team left Dallas

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
with the Rams, Chargers, and Raiders all on the move, What if the Cowboys were one of the teams that moved out west, would you still remain a true fan? I know this might not ever happen. But...what say you?

The second the Cowboys leave the Dallas / Ft Worth area, (meaning, represent a different city) they are dead to me.

Besides, Dallas won't move. It has too many fans to move. That's the Browns, Raiders, and Rams problem. They can't keep enough fans to make money. Actually, the Raiders have fans, they are just dead broke fans that can't support the team because they all think they are gangstas. :facepalm:

windjc

Reaction score
What if the Yankees left NY? What is the Lakers left LA? What if the Red Wings left Detroit? What if the sun crashed into the moon? What if we never had a worthless thread?

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Kind of went through this when the Charlotte Hornets moved to New Orleans. I still pulled for them mainly because they had the same roster and starting five for a couple of more years that I had really gotten behind while they were in Charlotte. After some time, the roster turned over and I lost interest in the team altogether. Charlotte eventually got another franchise and are now the Hornets again, so all of my old Hornets stuff is relevant again.

I must say that the NBA has really turned me off though. I am not really as into it as I once was and was never as rabid with that as I am or have been about my Dallas Cowboys. If the Cowboys moved I reckon I'd still be attached to the roster but whenever the team broke up I'd just assume that I'd not care anymore.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I know this isn't all that serious

But Packers, Steelers, and Cowboys aren't going anywhere. I will tell you right now, every other owner in this league would do everything they can to prevent it from happening.

Too much history, iconic, loyal and established fan base. I can't see single positive thing about relocating these teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is the part I don't understand, didn't Jed Clampett strike it rich with oil in Tennessee while shooting for some gruel? That is, before moving to Beverly. Hills that is. Swimming pools. Movie stars. They could have kept the name and been the Tennessee Oilers.

Well the name should stay with the city, and the next team there takes that name.
It was stupid to have the cardinals in arizona, and the rams in st louis.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
i know the Cowboys would probably never move, but alot of teams have in all sports, infact the Dallas Texans left and became the Kansas City Chiefs, I never thought the Houston Oilers would ever leave either.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
The Cowboys would be the perfect L A team.

It'll never happen but they would rule SoCal

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Cowboys will never be moved, we all know that... But if they were, I would not root for them at all... I live in Dallas, and I only root for Dallas teams, even though I know that sports franchises in general are just cashing in on exploiting people's inherent tribal nature, while also subduing the minds of what were potentially great men, and instead focusing their minds on other grown men playing games that really mean nothing win or lose....... Still though, sports are fun...

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Hey Jer - move on out to Vacaville, CA. Plenty of prime cow pastures to build a new stadium.

Be the first team with two home stadiums!!! Get it done!!!!!!!!

Aven8

Reaction score
Another 20 years without a SB and we in DFW might just kick them out!! ;)

MikeT22

Reaction score
If I can put up with Jerry the last 20+ years tearing down the team Jimmy built and then mismanaging it for almost 2 decades I'm sure I could easily deal with the franchise moving to a different city.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I've always wondered how fans deal with their team moving, especially if they change their name and uniforms. If the Cowboys moved, I would still be a fan. If they moved and changed their name, then the Cowboys would cease to exist and I would have to find a new team. Jesus, just the thought of that happening makes me want to cry. Now I suddenly feel bad for the people of St Louis. They lost 2 different teams, and neither of them changed their name. Hopefully they're all hockey fans, lol.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
If they became the Las Vegas Rattlers, then no. Quit them instantly. If they became the Las Vegas Cowboys, with the same logo and colors. Yes they would still be my squad.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
with the Rams, Chargers, and Raiders all on the move, What if the Cowboys were one of the teams that moved out west, would you still remain a true fan? I know this might not ever happen. But...what say you?

If Jerry and Garrett didnt follow them, that would be a dream come true. So they would be the Oakland Cowboys? I would have no problem with that. I dont live in Dallas anyway.