Twitter: If Urban Meyer were to return it would be for the Cowboys

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll be here for about 3 seasons, then clutch his heart like Fred Sanford and claim 'health problems' the minute anything goes wrong.

Like when he blamed his brain issues for conveniently forgetting that he knew anything about his assistant beating his wife.

He's a Petrino-level sleaze, but an awesome coach.
Who cares if he is only here 3 years. Jimmy was only here 5 and he had to completely rebuild the entire football operations. Jimmy would only have needed 2 to get the current roster to the Super Bowl.

Belichick is the better long term coach but for a quick rebuild Jimmy is the best ever NFL HC. He only ducked out in Miami because the owner would not give him the control that Jerry had given him which seems funny in retrospect.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Player personnel is largely going to be up to McClay so the type of guys he coaches probably isn’t going to be totally up to him, anyway.

I’m not sure anyone saw Hernandez going around killing anyone. The Patriots had him on their team.

If he can bring us a SB I’m all for it. I’m not sure Garrett is 100 percent gone yet though. I think if he loses the NFCE I think he is gone though. If he loses to the Rams (4 in a row plus lost to Jets in sane season) I think he is done.
Regarding Hernandez, I said he had a reputation prior to his felony conviction. Florida had a lot of characters on that team. I'm not making a judgment. I'm merely sharing why people take issue with Meyer. Whether you or any of us think they should or shouldn't take issue with Meyer is another matter.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares if he is only here 3 years. Jimmy was only here 5 and he had to completely rebuild the entire football operations. Jimmy would only have needed 2 to get the current roster to the Super Bowl.

Belichick is the better long term coach but for a quick rebuild Jimmy is the best ever NFL HC. He only ducked out in Miami because the owner would not give him the control that Jerry had given him which seems funny in retrospect.

That is a BS excuse for not being able to win in Miami.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a BS excuse for not being able to win in Miami.
Wrong.

The owner refused to let Jimmy cut or trade Marino.

If you were an adult when Jimmy was with the Cowboys then you know his style requires complete control.

Marino was The Man in Miami. That was a huge obstacle to Jimmy's style of dominating the entire team.

Reactions: BAT

Bigdog

Reaction score
He was also seen at the Commanders/Eagles game today. Just saying.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So jimmy gets a pass? He had Irvin on this team. Was Irvin a good character guy? Lol. If urban comes here and wins many fans will overlook his misgivings just like they did with jimmy
the white house as well, Haley, and Nate not only sold weed and got busted , while on bail went to sell more and got busted against.. he was a jimmy guy lol

superonyx

Reaction score
Trying to help his friend? So was Joe Paterno. There's a limit on friendship and what one covers for. His friend committed a crime, i.e., beating his wife silly. Unfortunately, head coaches of prominent programs don't have that luxury.
To what extent did he know the severity of the problem? How do you know he was beating his wife silly. More importantly how do you know Meyer knew he was beating her silly? I’m assuming you have some proof of this claim?

most victims of domestic violence are embarrassed and afraid and most of the time won’t admit how bad things really are. Where is your proof the assistant coach and his wife came totally clean and didn’t do what usually happens in domestic violence situations?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
If I hear the names of Jeff Fisher or Bill Cowher, I will literally have to be committed...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
To what extent did he know the severity of the problem? How do you know he was beating his wife silly. More importantly how do you know Meyer knew he was beating her silly? I’m assuming you have some proof of this claim?

Sigh.
This issue has been well reported.
https://www.si.com/college/2018/08/...h-urban-meyer-domestic-abuse-ohio-state-video
https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/records_show_history_of_domest.html
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ourtney-smith-people-urban-meyer-knew-15-case
OIP.73Ot6c_83O_koLstLoN7XQHaEK
4EBFFBFB00000578-6035871-Courtney_Smith_said_she_shared_photos_with_coaches_wives_includi-a-19_1533656563424.jpg

DjtNiSlXsAEp9WN

most victims of domestic violence are embarrassed and afraid and most of the time won’t admit how bad things really are. Where is your proof the assistant coach and his wife came totally clean and didn’t do what usually happens in domestic violence situations?

First, where do you get the "most" figure? Please show me stats or some information that supports your claim.
Second, the "me too" movement marked a change in history with respect to this issue. Women used to "suck it up and remain silent" because male-dominated institutions such as the police, the city or county government and society in general didn't want to get involved in domestic disputes. And because women relied on their husbands as breadwinners, and because they weren't likely to be prosecuted, especially if they were prominent members of society, women just stayed silent and endured it.
But no more, or at least not with many women suffering domestic abuse. They're now reporting these incidents, just like Courtney Smith did.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

More smoke. Who do you guys truly believe Jerry is going to hire?

If Garrett is able to get this team on a winning streak and reach at least the NFC Championship Game, you'd better believe Jerry will resign Garrett for another 5 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He looked pretty chummy with Alex Smith one of his former players in Washington today while enjoying watching another former QB and WR playing well on Commanders which looks like a much more attractive venue for Meyer.

Blue64

Reaction score

More smoke. Who do you guys truly believe Jerry is going to hire?

Yet he was in Dan Snyder’s loge yesterday wasn’t he?
An owner who is more of a buffoon and inept than Jerry

while Jerry is in denial having even talked to Meyer.

I think Meyer will be in the NFL just not with the Cowboys...