Twitter: If Urban Meyer were to return it would be for the Cowboys

stinkface

Reaction score
He was also seen at the Commanders/Eagles game today. Just saying.

Snyder will throw a ton of money at him and give him total control. Actually the only and I repeat only good thing about Snyder is that his checks don't bounce.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Yet he was in Dan Snyder’s loge yesterday wasn’t he?
An owner who is more of a buffoon and inept than Jerry

while Jerry is in denial having even talked to Meyer.

I think Meyer will be in the NFL just not with the Cowboys...
I think you're right...and I'll bet anything a deal is either in place or being done now in DC...Snyder is gonna throw massive cash at him...

superonyx

Reaction score
Sigh.
This issue has been well reported.
https://www.si.com/college/2018/08/...h-urban-meyer-domestic-abuse-ohio-state-video
https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/records_show_history_of_domest.html
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ourtney-smith-people-urban-meyer-knew-15-case
OIP.73Ot6c_83O_koLstLoN7XQHaEK
4EBFFBFB00000578-6035871-Courtney_Smith_said_she_shared_photos_with_coaches_wives_includi-a-19_1533656563424.jpg

DjtNiSlXsAEp9WN

First, where do you get the "most" figure? Please show me stats or some information that supports your claim.
Second, the "me too" movement marked a change in history with respect to this issue. Women used to "suck it up and remain silent" because male-dominated institutions such as the police, the city or county government and society in general didn't want to get involved in domestic disputes. And because women relied on their husbands as breadwinners, and because they weren't likely to be prosecuted, especially if they were prominent members of society, women just stayed silent and endured it.
But no more, or at least not with many women suffering domestic abuse. They're now reporting these incidents, just like Courtney Smith did.
No one is disputing if she was abused. Her abuser isn’t even disputing it. You are trying to make it about that to avoid my point.

she filed charges after the divorce. Show me where Meyer had the pictures of the abuse before this. You are pretending he know more so you can pull him into someone else’s situation.

you can believe that this victim immediately went to police and didn’t hide the abuse for a while. The timeline and evidence says otherwise.

cern

Reaction score
he looked very comfortable sitting in the skins suite with their gm. he's clearly putting it out there to anyone who will listen or is interested he's ready to coach in the nfl. the audition continues.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Haven't read the thread, but this might have had more to do with Alex Smith and Haskins than Snyder, who seems even less likely than Jerry to give up control of the team.

SWHawk

Reaction score
The Skins can have him.

If goin go the college route, go with Matt Rhule
This. Matt Rhule WILL be a head coach in the NFL next year. If Jerry doesn't hire this guy, he will regret hiring the next great NFL coach.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No one is disputing if she was abused. Her abuser isn’t even disputing it. You are trying to make it about that to avoid my point.

:laugh:Now, you're moving the goal post. Here is what you said:

superonyx said:
To what extent did he know the severity of the problem? How do you know he was beating his wife silly. More importantly how do you know Meyer knew he was beating her silly? I’m assuming you have some proof of this claim?

I gave you proof, providing the very text message exchange between Smith and his wife. Also, I provided links to stories where Courtney Smith said Urban was made aware of the abuse.
And YOU even said that he was having "counseling sessions." How are you going to have counseling sessions with a couple and that couple not confide in you the severity of their problem? :huh:

she filed charges after the divorce. Show me where Meyer had the pictures of the abuse before this. You are pretending he know more so you can pull him into someone else’s situation.

:mad: Why the HECK do I have to show you pictures? Why did she have to show Meyer pictures? What, a woman says she got nearly choked out and you and Meyer need pictures?
Get outta here.

you can believe that this victim immediately went to police and didn’t hide the abuse for a while. The timeline and evidence says otherwise.

Quite the abuse enabler aren't you? Your position shifts with every piece of evidence I provide. It doesn't matter WHEN she went to the police. If you know ANYTHING about domestic abuse, you know that many abuse victims DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE because abuse victims are generally SCARED of any repercussions. This is ELEMENTARY to understanding domestic abuse.
This is what we KNOW based on the evidence:
1. Zack Smith beat his wife. We have police records and pictures attesting to this.
2. Zack Smith confessed in text messages (or at least acknowledged) that he beat his wife.
3. Urban Meyer LIED about knowing Smith beat his wife. Courtney Smith told us he knew but ignored it.
4. Those in authority at Ohio State University knew Meyer lied. You honestly think OSU wanted to let Urban Meyer go? They would have fought to keep him had he been totally innocent. But he wasn't. If you read all the information on this case, that's really the only conclusion you can come to.

But, you know what, nothing is going to convince a person who is bent on not believing evidence. So this conversation is basically pointless. I address your points. You simply move to another point. You really don't want to acknowledge that Meyer had knowledge and simply ignored it.

That's your prerogative. Unless you have something new to add, I'm done.

superonyx

Reaction score

I gave you proof, providing the very text message exchange between Smith and his wife. Also, I provided links to stories where Courtney Smith said Urban was made aware of the abuse.
And YOU even said that he was having "counseling sessions." How are you going to have counseling sessions with a couple and that couple not confide in you the severity of their problem? :huh:

:mad: Why the HECK do I have to show you pictures? Why did she have to show Meyer pictures? What, a woman says she got nearly choked out and you and Meyer need pictures?
Get outta here.

Quite the abuse enabler aren't you? Your position shifts with every piece of evidence I provide. It doesn't matter WHEN she went to the police. If you know ANYTHING about domestic abuse, you know that many abuse victims DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE because abuse victims are generally SCARED of any repercussions. This is ELEMENTARY to understanding domestic abuse.
1. Zack Smith beat his wife. We have police records and pictures attesting to this.
2. Zack Smith confessed in text messages (or at least acknowledged) that he beat his wife.
3. Urban Meyer LIED about knowing Smith beat his wife. Courtney Smith told us he knew but ignored it.
4. Those in authority at Ohio State University knew Meyer lied. You honestly think OSU wanted to let Urban Meyer go? They would have fought to keep him had he been totally innocent. But he wasn't. If you read all the information on this case, that's really the only conclusion you can come to.

But, you know what, nothing is going to convince a person who is bent on not believing evidence. So this conversation is basically pointless. I address your points. You simply move to another point. You really don't want to acknowledge that Meyer had knowledge and simply ignored it.

You are again talking in circles to avoid answering the real question.
How could you know Meyer and his wife knew the extent of the domestic violence?
Showing pictures does nothing to indicate Meyer had seen them. This is the leap you make in order to pull him into this.
The fact that he offered counsel to the couple doesn’t prove they were 100% honest with them.

you just cant show this so any attempt fails.

I understand domestic violence. I can close my eyes and see my own mother taking a beating that makes the pictures you posted look like horseplay. Do you know what it’s like to be a 9 year old child and get pulled out of school in the middle of the day by police officers because the gym teacher saw obvious punch bruises on your back from your attempts to stop your mother from another nightly beating? Hopefully you don’t.

I am aware how victim lie and cover for their abuser. This is just more reason to believe it to be very possible that Meyer was not presented the entire extend of the beatings or abuse from his friend of his wife. The ugly truth usually doesn’t come out until it’s all over or someone is killed.

so unless you have something that shows Meyer knew what the police saw much later I can only assume he was present the cleaned up version of events.

Last edited:

Mobinvans

Reaction score

Get outta here.

Give it a rest man

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The number of people on this board who know squat about Urban Meyer but keep going on about him. :muttley:

He is not going to coach the Commanders. He was there to see his former players. He doesn't need Danny's money, and he doesn't need a coaching job.

He may not coach again at all, but has said there are certain jobs where you listen if you get the call. He said Dallas was one of those jobs. Period.