If Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This one is simple. Simple but hard for the team and fans to swallow or march to. Very simple. 0-2 you ride Dak for the season, you fold up, you shake Romos hand, apologize for wasting his career and allowing Eli to look better. You ride Dak for the season, he is now your future.

The best thing to do. admit Dak is the future. do everything possible to make that a reality, tell him he is the future. Commit to it. Doesnt matter, the team committed to ruining Romo, no sense going or worrying about a talented rookie. None. Just commit.

If they commit. Dont talk to Dak, dont bother him, dont put bad habits in his head. Once you commit, go all out and the next thing you do, is bring out the flame throwers, and you scorch everything, everything around him. Wade Wilson, gone. Witten, gone (hes not getting younger and you dont get a medal so dont get excited) Garrett, gone. Any player Dak doesnt use, gone. I like Hanna, if Dak dont like him, gone. Williams, if Dak dont use him and he likes Butler more, gone. You scorch everything and start finding a coaching staff that can work with Dak and use Daks strengths to their advantage. You build around the future. and sorry Garrett defenders, its not him. Even if it was, its to late. Its over. Get in the new people, commit to Dak and ride that wave.

tm1119

Reaction score
David Carr's career was killed because he got blown up every time he dropped back to throw, not because his poor little brain couldn't handle losing.

We need to know whether Dak is the future or not quickly. This isn't baseball, you don't get 2-3 years to develop in the NFL. If for whatever reason (seems to be fairly likely) Romo goes down again and can't start the beginning of next year again it would be beyond idiotic to not know what we have in Dak.

Wood

Reaction score
if Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible, I would go with Sanchez until Romo gets back.

Now before you rip me up, follow the logic. Dak has shown the tools to play in this league. He has also demonstrated he still has some learning to go through. I would hate to see him go 0-6 or 1-5, then get replaced and have Romo turn it around and finish the season 7-1.

That would do two things, both bad. First, fans and media would blame all the losses on Dak. Even worse, Dak would blame all the losses on Dak. We know that he is a rookie and experience is important, but once he gets a mind set of losing, it is extremely difficult to get rid of it. His confidence could be seriously impacted.

Sanchez has the experience, and could accept the losses without near as much damage. He understands his role, and it isn't like he hasn't gone through it before. His experience might win an extra game or so, as well.

Think of what happened to Carr in Houston. We could easily ruin Dak by throwing him to the wolves.

I don't see Dak being that fragile. Now if he looks like he is falling apart on field then you have to remove him. But as long as he looks poised and shows improvement....you absolutely keep Sanchez on bench.

conner01

Reaction score
if Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible, I would go with Sanchez until Romo gets back.

Now before you rip me up, follow the logic. Dak has shown the tools to play in this league. He has also demonstrated he still has some learning to go through. I would hate to see him go 0-6 or 1-5, then get replaced and have Romo turn it around and finish the season 7-1.

That would do two things, both bad. First, fans and media would blame all the losses on Dak. Even worse, Dak would blame all the losses on Dak. We know that he is a rookie and experience is important, but once he gets a mind set of losing, it is extremely difficult to get rid of it. His confidence could be seriously impacted.

Sanchez has the experience, and could accept the losses without near as much damage. He understands his role, and it isn't like he hasn't gone through it before. His experience might win an extra game or so, as well.

Think of what happened to Carr in Houston. We could easily ruin Dak by throwing him to the wolves.
I disagree. Dak is mature enough to know if he played well in a loss or stunk it up
As for fans, who really cares what a few ilrational fans think anyway
Dak playing behind romo for a time would have been good but that didn't happen and you owe it to the team to play the guy who gives them the best chance to win and unless tony is healthy then that is Dak

USMarineVet

Reaction score
This just in. The Cowboys are 0-1.

sky-falling-123.jpg

fortdick

Reaction score
I don't see Dak being that fragile. Now if he looks like he is falling apart on field then you have to remove him. But as long as he looks poised and shows improvement....you absolutely keep Sanchez on bench.

While,I hope you are correct, it has happened before.

I think they should help the kid succeed. Let him play as long as he is improving, but watch for signs of frustration and dwindling confidence.