If we can't win this year we may never win

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
lmao

Well, I guess us FANS should just stop posting and let the real fans tell it like it is.

Or, us FANS should keep on being FANS so that other fans have someone to argue with.

But, both FANS and fans:cool: (whatever the hell that means) need to see that the team is drastically better than we have seen for several years. But, if FANS get excited about this upcoming season, some fans don't want to hear that, they want to see it, but, they won't wait to see it, they just don't like FANS having faith because they are such good fans that they have not seen it in the past while us FANS are encouraged by what us FANS are seeing right now.

I guess it's a fan vs. FAN thing, so instead of letting FANS be excited the fans would rather tell us FANS to stop until the Cowboys win a SB. Then the fan will become a FAN....

Nice...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Only a FAN would say the team is drastically better than we've seen in years after watching only 2 preseason games. LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No one is telling FANS not to get excited about the team some of us just try providing a voice of reason so we don't have as many ledge jumpers after every Cowboys loss. The reason it gets so down on this board everytime the Cowboys lose is because so many FANS get their expectations too high. We already have one FAN who's come to the conclusion after a 1-1 preseason start that the Cowboys are drastically better than we've seen in years. We won't find out what kind of team the Cowboys have until the first month of the regular season because that's when teams establish their identity.

For the Cowboys to have a chance to be drastically better than we've seen in years they can't get off to any worse than a 3-1 start. Anything worse than a 3-1 start will be the same up and down start we've been seeing. The first 4 games of the regular season will be against teams that missed the playoffs last year. We're going to find out in the first 4 games if the Cowboys are going to contend this year. If the Cowboys lose on opening day to the Giants they could get off to a very rough start because the following week they have to travel to KC and they may be a much improved team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
(Barring Injury)

This is a veteran team, we have good Assistant coaches, and we have a QB in his prime.

We also have all kinds of offensive weapons and with the signing of Brandon Moore our OL should be solid at the very least.

I actually have the Packers in the Superbowl as my Pre-season pick but when I look at the Cowboys roster and the Packers roster I can't say they are a lot better than the Cowboys.

If we can't make some post season noise this season then it's probably just not meant to be with Romo and Garrett.

I can't see Dallas dramatically getting better anytime soon unless they stumble upon a phenom in the draft somehow.

So they have so much talent that they should win, yet you can't see them getting better any time soon? Thats like bi polar, a.d.d and paranoia all wrapped up into one post. Lol

offlimits

Reaction score
(Barring Injury)

This is a veteran team, we have good Assistant coaches, and we have a QB in his prime.

We also have all kinds of offensive weapons and with the signing of Brandon Moore our OL should be solid at the very least.

I actually have the Packers in the Superbowl as my Pre-season pick but when I look at the Cowboys roster and the Packers roster I can't say they are a lot better than the Cowboys.

If we can't make some post season noise this season then it's probably just not meant to be with Romo and Garrett.

I can't see Dallas dramatically getting better anytime soon unless they stumble upon a phenom in the draft somehow.

I completely agree with you! Very well said... and my exact sentiments.

Califan007

Reaction score
80-85% of this team has less than 4 yrs nfl exp

Avg age is 26

I don't think you can have an average age of 26 if 85% of the team has less than 4 years experience lol...well, unless the remaining 15% of the roster are all 42 years old.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I don't think you can have an average age of 26 if 85% of the team has less than 4 years experience lol...well, unless the remaining 15% of the roster are all 42 years old.

68 out of 88 players have 4 yrs or less exp. ok so 75% of the team. i was 4 players off. seems like u dont really know how young this team really is

Tawney88

Reaction score
No one is telling FANS not to get excited about the team some of us just try providing a voice of reason so we don't have as many ledge jumpers after every Cowboys loss. The reason it gets so down on this board everytime the Cowboys lose is because so many FANS get their expectations too high. We already have one FAN who's come to the conclusion after a 1-1 preseason start that the Cowboys are drastically better than we've seen in years. We won't find out what kind of team the Cowboys have until the first month of the regular season because that's when teams establish their identity.

For the Cowboys to have a chance to be drastically better than we've seen in years they can't get off to any worse than a 3-1 start. Anything worse than a 3-1 start will be the same up and down start we've been seeing. The first 4 games of the regular season will be against teams that missed the playoffs last year. We're going to find out in the first 4 games if the Cowboys are going to contend this year. If the Cowboys lose on opening day to the Giants they could get off to a very rough start because the following week they have to travel to KC and they may be a much improved team.

I agree good post

rcaldw

Reaction score
You know what is funny about your perspective, and human beings in general? Any time someone divides up a group into the ones WHO KNOW and the ones WHO DON'T REALLY KNOW, they always place themselves into the group THAT KNOWS.

When is the last time on this site or any other that a guy said, "I'm just a dumb fan who knows nothing but roots like heck for my team because I'm silly."

Fact is KJJ, you congratulate YOURSELF. I'm pretty sure no one else sees you as superior. The way you described the situation, anyone who sees progress must be, by definition, just a silly ole FAN. :)

boysfanindc

Reaction score
You know what is funny about your perspective, and human beings in general? Any time someone divides up a group into the ones WHO KNOW and the ones WHO DON'T REALLY KNOW, they always place themselves into the group THAT KNOWS.

When is the last time on this site or any other that a guy said, "I'm just a dumb fan who knows nothing but roots like heck for my team because I'm silly."

Fact is KJJ, you congratulate YOURSELF. I'm pretty sure no one else sees you as superior. The way you described the situation, anyone who sees progress must be, by definition, just a silly ole FAN. :)

I'm just a dumb fan who knows nothing but roots like heck for my team because I'm silly.

I couldn't resist, now we can start the clock again!

rcaldw

Reaction score
I'm just a dumb fan who knows nothing but roots like heck for my team because I'm silly.

I couldn't resist, now we can start the clock again!

:), man you went and messed it up. Now I will have to say, "Not since boysfanindc has anyone said ......"

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Outside of Parnell as a scout team guy with New Orleans no one on this roster has any Super Bowl experience. Not that I think it matters that much, especially in today's league of parity - but it'd be nice to have one or two guys that have been there.

Califan007

Reaction score
68 out of 88 players have 4 yrs or less exp. ok so 75% of the team. i was 4 players off. seems like u dont really know how young this team really is

Ah, you were talking about the training camp roster...I thought you were talking about the final 53 man roster.

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
One could argue that this team should have won it 2007-2009 and they missed their window after that. Terrible mismanagement crippled the 2010-2012 seasons and now that the team has dug itself out its stars are too old to make a legitimate run.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One could argue that this team should have won it 2007-2009 and they missed their window after that. Terrible mismanagement crippled the 2010-2012 seasons and now that the team has dug itself out its stars are too old to make a legitimate run.

This team still have a lot of good, young players.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I don't think we're too old to make a legit run.

I think we have a nice small window that has just opened but if you see the same ole same ole this season then it's just what to expect moving forward.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think we're too old to make a legit run.

I think we have a nice small window that has just opened but if you see the same ole same ole this season then it's just what to expect moving forward.

Why's the window so small? Passrusher and QB? We've got time to find both here, around an otherwise improved roster.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
While ppeople are doing the arithmetic Olympics over how young the team is and numb er of years the window is opened, closed, half open, broken and other such empirical evidence that we have no hope or a basket full of hope, the truth does have a number.

Tony Romo's age, Witten's age, Ware's age, and the offensive lines continued problems.

I think those aspects surely indicate the alleged window comes into play.