If we can't win this year we may never win

coult44

Reaction score
They have
While ppeople are doing the arithmetic Olympics over how young the team is and numb er of years the window is opened, closed, half open, broken and other such empirical evidence that we have no hope or a basket full of hope, the truth does have a number.

Tony Romo's age, Witten's age, Ware's age, and the offensive lines continued problems.

I think those aspects surely indicate the alleged window comes into play.

We have to draft Romo's replacement in the next two years. Scouting department needs to be working towards that now. I guess now that I think about it, the same should be said about Ware and Witten. All three of those guys should have "babies on their hips"....If you know what I mean.. They should be training and teaching their replacements right now...But it's a lot easier to get a TE and DE in FA than it is a good quarterback....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While ppeople are doing the arithmetic Olympics over how young the team is and numb er of years the window is opened, closed, half open, broken and other such empirical evidence that we have no hope or a basket full of hope, the truth does have a number.

Tony Romo's age, Witten's age, Ware's age, and the offensive lines continued problems.

I think those aspects surely indicate the alleged window comes into play.

I don't. I'd agree that it means we need to be successful finding replacements for Tony and Demarcus, in the next two drafts or so. That's a tall order, but if the Sk*ns can find two QBs in one offseason, it's not impossible to think we can find one sometime over the next three. We'll never replace Ware, but there are young players already up and coming on the defensive roster who will be impact players deep into the next generation.

In the NFL, the window's always closing. Good organizations open it back up by getting QBs and pass rushers in place in order to be successful. If we're going to be a good organization, we've got to build that competency.