If We Choke Division Away, Tuna Has To Go...period

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Rack;1224920 said:
So today, against a team that was running a bunch of screens and gimmick plays, we should of blitzed MORE?

You do realize the worst play to blitz against is a screen, right?

:rake:

neosapien23

Reaction score
Rack;1224920 said:
So today, against a team that was running a bunch of screens and gimmick plays, we should of blitzed MORE?

Your absolutley right. Dallas started blitzing once the game was out of hand, I would prefer that they bring pressure before the game starts to pull away from them though. Even when New Orleans didn't run screens, Brees had to much time to throw. There was one play where he had over 12 seconds to find an open reciever!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
neosapien23;1224941 said:
Your absolutley right. Dallas started blitzing once the game was out of hand, I would prefer that they bring pressure before the game gets out of hand though. Even when New Orleans didn't run screens, Brees had to much time to throw. There was one play were he had over 12 seconds!!

Sorry, but we blitzed to start the game. We blitzed a lot more then normal. Then Peyton starting tearing it apart, got us on our heels and thanks to Zimmer, we couldn't recover. He didn't know wth to do.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Rack;1224920 said:

That's when the screens started, as soon as we started blitzing like crazy. It was a great game plan by them, they figured that the only way we could generate pressrue was to blitz, and if we even tried it, they went straight to the screens and flat passes.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Rack;1224948 said:
Sorry, but we blitzed to start the game. We blitzed a lot more then normal. Then Peyton starting tearing it apart, got us on our heels and thanks to Zimmer, we couldn't recover. He didn't know wth to do.

I don't think you can blame Zimmer for the entire loss though. The defense just got beat down. Spears and Canty just got completely neutralized. No pressure from the defense ends at all.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
neosapien23;1224969 said:
I don't think you can blame Zimmer for the entire loss though. The defense just got beat down. Spears and Canty just got completely neutralized. No pressure from the defense ends at all.

That has been the case since Zimmer has been our DCoord, even before BP ever took over.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Rack;1224974 said:
That has been the case since Zimmer has been our DCoord, even before BP ever took over.

Zimmer didn't have any talent when he first took the job. I think whoever is using this bend but don't break philosophy is to blame. I don't know if it is Parcells or Zimmer and we are only speculating when we blame one over the other.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LowTech;1224890 said:
Something has to change. It seems like every time we get close.....we hit the self-destruct button. But what is that something. We looked like garbage on both sides tonight. It was very difficult to watch.

I agree.

I have lost my patience.

I figured a loss tonight.

Not a meltdown.

es22

Reaction score
Relax.

NO played the perfect game tonight. We had our worst since Romo came in.

lets see how we come back. We have 2 out of3 at home, with Atlanta coming up with banged up RB's, Wr's who cant catch, and a QB who cant throw.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Jimz31;1224782 said:
I think that if that happens, BP will leave himself. Seriously.

Agree entirely.

Many here were assuming he was as good as gone when the team started 3-3. The only thing that seemingly rejuvinated him was Romo's emergence and that 5-1 mark over six games.

If this team does tank and miss out, I agree, he's walking. No way he sticks it out after missing the playoffs for three straight years -- two of which we would have been 8-4 with four weeks left.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Rack;1224920 said:

I dunno why everyone just calls for the blitz in order to improve our pass rush.

I mean, granted, you're probably always "blitzing" at least one OLB to get that fourth pass rusher.

But how successful are we ever in sending Roy, Bradie, Akin and the gang? I could be wrong (still fuming, maybe not rational?) but it seems like all the blitz does, generally speaking, is open things up for opponents. This isn't the Philly defense of years ago.

Certainly our pass rush is a problem. I just don't think sending the whole unit is the answer. It seemingly never is, for us at least.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
how many titles did the "blitz" win philly (with that idiot running the 4-6 or jimmy j presently?)

answer = 0

we need to COVER in the flats first and foremost. you're not going to pressure mobile QBs regularly (as romo exhibited last week as he torched the gints with 1 minute remaining).

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dale;1225043 said:
I dunno why everyone just calls for the blitz in order to improve our pass rush.

I mean, granted, you're probably always "blitzing" at least one OLB to get that fourth pass rusher.

But how successful are we ever in sending Roy, Bradie, Akin and the gang? I could be wrong (still fuming, maybe not rational?) but it seems like all the blitz does, generally speaking, is open things up for opponents. This isn't the Philly defense of years ago.

Certainly our pass rush is a problem. I just don't think sending the whole unit is the answer. It seemingly never is, for us at least.

:hammer:

Our pass rush has to improve and it has to come from the OLBs and DL, not from sending more people.

Good defenses get to the QB w/o sending the house.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1224772 said:
Sorry fellas, but if we fold this year like we did last year, and losing to Atlanta would quailfy, then Tuna has to go.

Playoff teams do not get pasted at home like this, made me want to puke watching our D just give up like that.

If we lose to Atlanta, we can kiss the division goodbye.

If that happens, Tuna has to go......period:mad:

wow, so we went from

"every decision he makes is GOLD" to "he needs to be fired" in 3 hours, huh?

lame thread.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Dale;1225028 said:
Agree entirely.

Many here were assuming he was as good as gone when the team started 3-3. The only thing that seemingly rejuvinated him was Romo's emergence and that 5-1 mark over six games.

If this team does tank and miss out, I agree, he's walking. No way he sticks it out after missing the playoffs for three straight years -- two of which we would have been 8-4 with four weeks left.

We were 7-5 last year with four weeks left.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Rack;1225050 said:
:hammer:

Our pass rush has to improve and it has to come from the OLBs and DL, not from sending more people.

Good defenses get to the QB w/o sending the house.
I really don't think we know how to blitz. If you look at San Diego,they show blitz on everydown, now you just have to figure out where it's coming from.

sillycon

Reaction score
Garland powerplay;1225263 said:
Its scary to think who would replace big bill.

It's not that scary... BP laid a good foundation. Now they need some coaches with innovative forward thinking...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
neosapien23;1224873 said:
I blame Parcells more for the conservative defense approach than I do Zimmer. Everyone keeps bashing Zimmer, but BP is the one who has shown a penchant for playing conservative on both sides of the ball. The Cowboys losing this game might be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully the coaching staff will become more creative in trying to create pressure like they did against the Colts. The boys got no pressure on Eli Manning and were extremely lucky to get the win. Eli had too much time to throw and Brees did as well.

yatzee,
if you've watched Parcells over the years, this is how he's always played defense. He just tries to keep everything in front and make teams drive the field. For crying out loud, Zimmer had the #1 defense while running the scheme he favored, WITH HALF THE TALENT THIS DEFENSE HAS! I'm no huge Zimmer fan, but we'd be a bit better off today if we just added all this talent to his scheme. I watched Landry out coach Parcells, Jimmy out-coach Parcells, and now it's happening again, except this time it's my team it's happening too.

Don't even get me started on the offense, Gary Gibbs had us weighed and measured from the kick-off.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23;1224941 said:
Your absolutley right. Dallas started blitzing once the game was out of hand, I would prefer that they bring pressure before the game starts to pull away from them though. Even when New Orleans didn't run screens, Brees had to much time to throw. There was one play where he had over 12 seconds to find an open reciever!!

Your absolutely right. I'm suuprised Madden say with all that time Brees could eat a sandwich back there.