If we go WR in 1st Round, please no Manningham

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
theogt;1771007 said:
I think taller receivers are becoming the norm in college, and to an extent in the NFL, but 6'7" is far beyond even that norm.

I'd have to see a lot more of him to really know for sure, but his height makes me extremely skeptical.

And those numbers you posted aren't really that impressive. They're nice numbers, but nothing spectacular.

I agree not spectacular but solid. This year numbers are spectacular:
74 catches 1076 yds and 16TDs.

The numbers also show that he is consistent with this year being his best year so far.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1771021 said:
I agree not spectacular but solid. This year numbers are spectacular:
74 catches 1076 yds and 16TDs.

The numbers also show that he is consistent with this year being his best year so far.
Again, not spectacular. Before this weekend he was 12th in the nation. Good numbers? Yes. Nothing spectacular.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1771033 said:
Again, not spectacular. Before this weekend he was 12th in the nation. Good numbers? Yes. Nothing spectacular.

His height may make you skeptical but wait till the combine to get his real height. Remember, at one point Roy Williams (Lions) was 6'5". Turns out he is really 6'2" (maybe 6'3").

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
theogt;1771033 said:
I see what you mean. His a player I would watch though.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Jake Long got abused by Ghoulston today, absolutely exposed via speed rush, power rush, coming around the edge - I like this kid's pass rushing potential especially considering how guys thought Long was a guy you can build around.

dmoore

Reaction score
Manningham didn't look great, but I'd say the conditions played a role in his 4 drops. I'd still love to have him. He has amazing body control and can go get the ball in the end-zone. I'm not completely sure he comes out this year though. I think if he stays another year he can make himself a lot more money.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
smarta5150;1770780 said:
Long gave up his 1st sack of the season to a future 1st round draft pick.

But keep trying to hate.

no hate... did I say he was giving up a ton of sacks...no...I said that on bull rushes he gets pushed back into the backfield far too often...and it is true!!!! in the games that I have seen...also I said that he has to reach and lunge on speed rushers also true!!!! stop with the homer stuff it is real silly

I happened to have no rooting interest in either Mich or Ohio nor do I care if they win a National championship of are removed to division 2...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
dbair1967;1770866 said:
if he is as good as it gets, the team that drafts him will ultimately be disappointed

he is a good prospect, but I really think he's going to struggle with NFL pass rushers, especially if he ends up at LT

he didnt block anybody today

David

He did a poor job against Wisconsin also and though he had some give, some take in the other 2 games I seen he has not been dominate like you would expect.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1770759 said:
Inconsistency has been the knock on him all along, other than his size. Unless he breaks into the 4.3's at the combine i think he'll slip out of round 1. At this point i'd pass on him in round 1.

The guy had six consecutive games of over 100+ yards and four of those he had two td's....if that's inconsistent than I am ok with inconsistency.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1780909 said:
The guy had six consecutive games of over 100+ yards and four of those he had two td's....if that's inconsistent than I am ok with inconsistency.

:laugh2:

I don't even bother with most of the posters who get on me about Michigan players.

They know I am a homer and will say anything to instigate.