If we go WR in 1st Round, please no Manningham

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
smarta5150;1770879 said:
If this is true why did Ghoslton line up against Michigan's right side of the offense for the majority of the game?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I dunno, maybe they thought he wouldnt have a chance there...

or maybe its because he plays LDE most of the time? (I am asking, I dont watch much OSU football)

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1770877 said:
I am not exaggerating...he did get bullrushed back into the pocket several times

Gholston only lined up on him a few times, and Long couldnt block him either

I guess we'll see once he hits the field next preseason, but OSU has defensive line alent like he will see in the NFL, and he was abused today...everybody said Robert Gallery was a cant miss prospect too, look at him

David
He was dominant in the first half. I can't believe he had such a bad second half to make someone say he was "abused."

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
dbair1967;1770881 said:
I dunno, maybe they thought he wouldnt have a chance there...

or maybe its because he plays LDE most of the time? (I am asking, I dont watch much OSU football)

David

Gholston lines up everywhere on that defense 1st of all.

But the sweater-vest has owned Carr because of ADJUSTMENTS.

He saw a weak link in Michigan's OLine today and took advantage of it.

They took their best pass rusher and let him loose on the RIGHT side of Michigan's offense.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
smarta5150;1770887 said:
Gholston lines up everywhere on that defense 1st of all.

But the sweater-vest has owned Carr because of ADJUSTMENTS.

He saw a weak link in Michigan's OLine today and took advantage of it.

They took their best pass rusher and let him loose on the RIGHT side of Michigan's offense.

he stood out thats for sure...but the whole Michigan OL was toast, not just one side or one guy

anybody can watch the tape and see what I saw...Long did get pushed back badly on a number of plays...not every play, but alot of them

David

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1770885 said:
He was dominant in the first half. I can't believe he had such a bad second half to make someone say he was "abused."

The headlines in today's game will include Henne's gutsy but poor performance and Wells establishing the run in the 2nd half.

Thats all she wrote.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
dbair1967;1770889 said:
he stood out thats for sure...but the whole Michigan OL was toast, not just one side or one guy

anybody can watch the tape and see what I saw...Long did get pushed back badly on a number of plays...not every play, but alot of them

David

Ok ok, no convincing except visual evidence and I'm not Theebs :p:

But please do me a favor, don't mention Gallery's name in the same sentence as Jake Longs' ever again please? :D

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1770860 said:
Congrats Coach Tressel!

O-H-I-O

imagec27ab450-c6c6-45bf-9b3d-4606746531f6.jpg

GO BUCKS!

This is getting as ho-hum as when Dallas banged Washington for 11 in a row.:D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
smarta5150;1770892 said:
Ok ok, no convincing except visual evidence and I'm not Theebs :p:

But please do me a favor, don't mention Gallery's name in the same sentence as Jake Longs' ever again please? :D

why? everybody said the exact same things about him when he came out

David

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
dbair1967;1770894 said:
why? everybody said the exact same things about him when he came out

David

Orlando Pace and Joe Thomas had the same things said about them too.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
smarta5150;1770895 said:
Orlando Pace and Joe Thomas had the same things said about them too.

you better go back and read some of the draft guides on Thomas (pg 92 of PFW for instance)

and Pace was more physically more gifted and more dominating than Long has been IMO

David

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't need a WR in the first round - we're goin' with Larry Fitzgerald.

Even if we don't - I don't like the idear of a WR in the first round at any rate.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hurd and Crayton are fine for young talent at WR.

I'm dead against reaching and missing in One at WR. You can usually mine serious and comparable talent 2nd to early 3rd at WR.

JerryFan

Reaction score
94WARE94;1770762 said:
James Laurinaitis is going to be a beast in the NFL

I agree 100%. There isn't anything the guy doesn't do great. I'd prolly take him over AJ Hawk honestly.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
I think James Hardy should be our #1 priority. 74 catches over 900 yards and 17 Tds. At 6-7 220 he reminds me of a faster Plaxico Buress.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1770976 said:
I think James Hardy should be our #1 priority. 74 catches over 900 yards and 17 Tds. At 6-7 220 he reminds me of a faster Plaxico Buress.
Something makes me wary of "abnormal" players like this. Parcells always talked about limiting your margin for error when drafting. There's a reason there are very few 6'7" receivers in the NFL.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
theogt;1770980 said:
Something makes me wary of "abnormal" players like this. Parcells always talked about limiting your margin for error when drafting. There's a reason there are very few 6'7" receivers in the NFL.
Actually I think there becoming more of the norm. I'm not talkin about 6-7 guys but just taller WR and basketball players playing football. This guy will be a major weapon is the redzone but I have watched him now for 3 yrs and in those 3 yrs he has put up big numbers every year.

2005 he had 61 catches 894 yds 10 TDs
2006 he had 51 catches 722 yds 10TDS

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1771002 said:
Actually I think there becoming more of the norm. I'm not talkin about 6-7 guys but just taller WR and basketball players playing football. This guy will be a major weapon is the redzone but I have watched him now for 3 yrs and in those 3 yrs he has put up big numbers every year.

2005 he had 61 catches 894 yds 10 TDs
2006 he had 51 catches 722 yds 10TDS
I think taller receivers are becoming the norm in college, and to an extent in the NFL, but 6'7" is far beyond even that norm.

I'd have to see a lot more of him to really know for sure, but his height makes me extremely skeptical.

And those numbers you posted aren't really that impressive. They're nice numbers, but nothing spectacular.

burmafrd

Reaction score
In college if you are not averaging around 18 yds a catch you are probably not going to aveage 15 in the pros. I have noticed that you lose about 15% on stats for WRs going from college to the pros. Averaging 14-15 in college means 12-13 in the pros. Not very good. Guys that height are also prone to injury due to the length of their arms and legs. Tall gangly guys are not really made to take the punishment. Of course there are exceptions (Ted Hendricks being an outstanding example) but those are VERY rare.