If we just pay everyone

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Well, its not about winning for Zeke. Its about being respected. He needs to be the top paid guy at his position b/c its the only way he'll ever be happy. Winning? He did that at OSU for free. He's good on the winning........its about money now.

Except for one thing, it's not just about money, it's about ALL the money. He doesn't care where they get that money, just get it.
And if they have to downgrade the OL to pay for his respect, he won't care. …….till his YPC turns into negative YPC. What'll happen to his respect then?

Last edited:

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Byron Jones look as good as gone.

La'el Collins is gone.

Maliek looks ready for a breakout but can we afford him?

Jaylon is about due for a new deal and he will get a big contract.

All of these big contracts and we have no championships to show for it so my worry is we get locked into these players for the next 5 years and the team around them gets worse.

IF they weren't able to win a title with better players around them I don't see them doing it when they get paid and the team around them deteriorates.

I agree Jones, and Collins are as good as gone if they player well and if they do that will almost guarantee we will get 2 3rd round comp picks.

Jaylon is the guy I think the Cowboys sign, and if he is healthy and playing well by mid-season I think they look to secure him before we get into the off-season. He is a player his teammate's respect, and he is a super positive guy that you want in your locker room.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
It's just as bad or worse w/ Ramsey. The CB position doesn't affect the game anywhere near how a RB does.

And RB's last until around the age of 30. A RB built like Zeke will most likely be productive until around the age of 32 or 33. That's the way it generally works.

No QB in the history of football has consistently given 4 quarters of great play. That's simply a product of too much highlight watching and not enough game watching.

However, I do not agree w/ paying him top 5 money.

Agree on Coop.
With Ramsey he can be elite for a decade. We’re lucky if Zeke is elite for 5 full years.

As far as 4 quarters, I didn’t say consistently play 4 great quarters. I mean EVER. Even in Dak’s good games he has a stretch where he doesn’t look good. That’s concerning to me.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
With Ramsey he can be elite for a decade. We’re lucky if Zeke is elite for 5 full years.

As far as 4 quarters, I didn’t say consistently play 4 great quarters. I mean EVER. Even in Dak’s good games he has a stretch where he doesn’t look good. That’s concerning to me.

I'm optimistic that Kitna is going to prove to be just the guy Dak needed to help improve his game. We don't know yet how good Dak can be, but whatever Dak's got under the hood, I think Kitna will bring it out in him.

Last edited:

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I'm hopeful and optimistic that Kitna is just the guy Dak needed to help improve his game.
I’m with you. But it is concerning that there’s talk of paying him franchise QB money based on a wing & a prayer that he’s going to develop into one. Even the Pats can’t seem to win it all when Brady is paid that kind of money. Their success always comes when Brady isn’t paid top 10 money and isn’t a big chunk of their cap. If NE can’t do it with Brady / Belichick, I don’t see how Dallas can with Dak / Garrett or whoever replaces JG.

Blackrain

Reaction score
IMO, this all comes down to M/K. (Moore/Kitna). They must overcome the general playcalling mess of JG. I'm hoping Jason stays out of it.

RB by committee still comes down to talent. If Pollard/Weber can move the chains, the need for Zeke goes way down.

I don't want it to come down to M/K they are unproven and very green

I think it all comes down to the Oline when they are top 5 the whole team looks great . They have proven when healthy they are top 5 or better . They even took Garrett to COTY honors in 16 with his predictable play calling because it didn't matter they could impose there will. Pollard , Webber or Al Morris could run behind the 16 line and be successful

If they are able to play at that level again it will at least give all the UNPROVEN people we are counting on time to get up to NFL speed . IMO great Oline play could save us from having to overpay Zeke

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well, its not about winning for Zeke. Its about being respected. He needs to be the top paid guy at his position b/c its the only way he'll ever be happy. Winning? He did that at OSU for free. He's good on the winning........its about money now.

I think you hit it on the head its not about winning or the money . Its all respect and top money =respect in his mind . If he was a financial genius he would have kept his nose clean and had a kings ransom in endorsements.

But his thug mentality says he is getting DISSED IF HE DONT GET PAID

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I agree Jones, and Collins are as good as gone if they player well and if they do that will almost guarantee we will get 2 3rd round comp picks.

Jaylon is the guy I think the Cowboys sign, and if he is healthy and playing well by mid-season I think they look to secure him before we get into the off-season. He is a player his teammate's respect, and he is a super positive guy that you want in your locker room.

I guess this got done before I thought.