If we lose to Philly and drop out of first...

Zordon

Reaction score
and to answer the OP's question, it's no.

wait one more week b/c if we lose to the eagles, we're losing to the lions. then you will start hearing the noise.

SWG9

Reaction score
Are we going to see this thread before every game now?

We see it because Jerry Jones has a proven track record of changing head coaches every three years or so. It's only natural to expect this kind of discussion given Jerry's history.

tecolote

Reaction score
Are we going to see this thread before every game now?

We wouldn't see these threads if the team was 5-1. As long as we are stuck in this mediocrity, Garrett will be, and should be, near the hot seat.

It's all on him.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If he isn't on the hot seat now, I don't see how being one game out of first would put him there...

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
If I were owner, he'd definitely be on the hot seat and if we didn't have success in the playoffs this year then he would be fired. Of course, if I were the owner of this team, I would hire a General Manager but I'm not the owner.

In my opinion, he has been here long enough and has been head coach long enough to start seeing some marked success, not successive 8-8 seasons. I've never been a Garrett fan, though, so take it for what it's worth.

I do like some things that are going on, although it seems as if things improve at a snail's pace here in comparison to other teams. I love the Travis Frederick pick and really like how they have brought Ron Leary along. This offensive line which has held us back for years is absolutely better and on the way to becoming a strength for this team. I give Jason Garrett the credit for that because he is the head coach. And I know Leary was Jerry's pet cat coming in so I guess I can put that in the plus category for him, although his boneheaded moves still dwarf the Leary thing.

I guess the reason I am down on Garrett is because of how schizo this team is. Win one, lose one. Consistency on offense, particularly on the road, and especially coaching decisions both in game and strategy has been a problem in my opinion, despite the fact that we have the 2nd scoring offense in the league. I feel like he has had plenty of time to figure out what kind of identity and approach he should have to being the head coach but has really no idea what that is yet, if it makes sense.

Ultimately, its the bottomline that speaks the loudest. This team has the talent to do some damage and it's time to do it now and get out of this mediocre rut. I know I didn't touch on the defense which is a whole other issue, but the overall theme is the same. You gotta win, it's a fast turnaround league. If he doesn't start this year, we have to bring somebody in that can get us over the hump.

Hoov

Reaction score
Jerry was already saying that Garrett's extension is what should be talked about after the St. Louis win.

Frozen700

Reaction score
lmao why are you always promoting suicide?

haha

Not promoting, but that's the feeling you get when reading some of these threads.

People like you, when concerned, actually post a legitimate concern, and not sheer panic.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Jerry would consider the firing of R.J. to be admitting to making a mistake, not likely. I like the way the team is progressing under him, that said the N.F.L. does stand for not to for long.

NTFL??

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We wouldn't see these threads if the team was 5-1. As long as we are stuck in this mediocrity, Garrett will be, and should be, near the hot seat.

It's all on him.

That's fine and may be true.

The question was do we need a new thread each week?

No new insight. Just a straight regurgitation of previous threads.

Serves no purpose but to clutter the board.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Is Garrett on the hot seat? Now I am not saying he will be in jeopardy of being fired immediately if we lose, I am just asking if a loss puts him on the hot seat? Meaning, will Jerry maybe start to think about some what if scenarios and what direction to go in if this thing heads south and we miss the playoffs.

Missing the playoffs when the NFC East is historically bad would be about as huge a coaching blunder as it would get. If you cant win the East this year, of all years, then yikes!!!

I say yes, if we lose to Philly and drop out of first, I think Garrett is officially on the hot seat then. If we then lose at Detroit the following week................well, lets just say that scenario would not play out well for Garrett.

Or we could lose and Jerry says "its a moral victory" and we get more of the same.........status quo.

I don't think a change would be considered in season.
I think Garrett has a long leash.
We would have to really implode for him to fired after this season, say 4 and 12 or worse.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I just don't see how this team goes to the playoffs if they lose to a eagles team with Nick Foles. And if that happens you know we will have problems with the Lions the next week

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I just don't see how this team goes to the playoffs if they lose to a eagles team with Nick Foles. And if that happens you know we will have problems with the Lions the next week

If the Cowboys lose to the eagles, will they lose to the Lions?

What if the Cowboys lose to the eagles then beat the crap out of the Lions? Then what? smh

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose to the eagles, will they lose to the Lions?

What if the Cowboys lose to the eagles then beat the crap out of the Lions? Then what? smh

If this team is a true playoff team, they win tomorrow

The End

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If this team is a true playoff team, they win tomorrow

The End

Why the end?

Is this game one of those mystical games like a "win or go home game", or a "elimination game" or a "spotlighted game", or some other idiotic game that the Cowboys and Romo need to win?

Ridiculous! The Cowboys can lose to the eagles and still win a playoff game.

Now, The End!

Red Dragon

Reaction score
If some of the fans here were GM of the Cowboys, the Cowboys would have hired and fired about 50 head coaches by now.

Firing a head coach if a team falls to 3-4 after a defeat to a division rival? Come on.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Why the end?

Is this game one of those mystical games like a "win or go home game", or a "elimination game" or a "spotlighted game", or some other idiotic game that the Cowboys and Romo need to win?

Ridiculous! The Cowboys can lose to the eagles and still win a playoff game.

Now, The End!

I don't think you understand how big this game is tomorrow.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Laugh all you want, but if Philly wins the division this year and Dallas just comes up short --again-- it will complete the hat trick of losing to all three NFC East teams for Garrett.

I can't see Jerry being too excited about that, no matter how you spin it.

Interesting point, I had not thought about all of our 3 division rivals will have won the division over Garrett is the Birds pull it out this year.

I just dont see how Jerry can tell the fans that Garrett is the right guy for the job if we miss the playoffs for the 4th consecutive year.