If we were to draft a RB this years draft.. I'd be super happy with

Beerguzzler44

Reaction score
There is no way we get McFadden, but I am not even sure he is head over heels a better RB than Felix Jones who backs him up. Felix is explosive and I believe he will be a very good NFL RB...

I also like Ray Rice alot. McFadden is awsome but banged up alot. I don't have the man crush on McFadden that many people do. He is good though..

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
He's banged up a lot because he's tall, runs upright and gets the ball a lot. That'll happen.

If you ask me, McFadden has earned al the hype he gets and he's going to have a good (maybe great) NFL career. You are right, however, that there are other guys in the draft that may be very talented.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Beerguzzler44;1719508 said:
There is no way we get McFadden, but I am not even sure he is head over heels a better RB than Felix Jones who backs him up. Felix is explosive and I believe he will be a very good NFL RB...

I also like Ray Rice alot. McFadden is awsome but banged up alot. I don't have the man crush on McFadden that many people do. He is good though..

I go to Rutgers and I've seen Rice in the weight room. The guy is a BEAST!

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I remember hearing people say Adrian Peterson ran too upright and gets injured too often too....given he doesnt have a year under his belt yet but he sure is tearing up the NFL thru the first 6 weeks.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1719532 said:
I like Felix and Rice more than McFadden

Not me, but hey since we probably have no shot at Mcfadden I probably like them more to :laugh2:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I like Fadden, he doesn't come off like the Barry Sanders type, "no brainer", and because of that and where we may end of drafting, I'd try to find the best corner or Wide Receiver.

If we have a shot at him without having to move picks, I'd say do it. Or we can draft a cat quick type of back "Felix Jones" comes to mind, and still get your CB or WR.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I love Ray Rice and his Emmitt style of running and size.

I am intrigued with what Steve Slaton could add to our offense complemented with the Barbarian!

adamknite

Reaction score
If you want Felix then you better be prepared to run sweeps and screens the whole game.....

and the way he returns kickoffs reminds me of Tyson Thompson... also Felix gets a lot of his yards out of the wild cat/hog formation because the defence is so focused on McFadden out of it leaving him to get a big chunck of yardage.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Nors;1719559 said:

I am intrigued with what Steve Slaton could add to our offense complemented with the Barbarian!

Ditto

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I'd like to see us get Javorski Lane of A&M. The guy moves very well for a big man, and i see him in the same role as Jacobs of the Giants...

amuze

Reaction score
air0208;1719517 said:
I remember hearing people say Adrian Peterson ran too upright and gets injured too often too....given he doesnt have a year under his belt yet but he sure is tearing up the NFL thru the first 6 weeks.

Is AP in the draft this year? What does he have to do with McFadden or whoever else is coming out.

JerryFan

Reaction score
air0208;1719517 said:

We will see. AP is a stud and his talent was never in question. I don't think he will make it the entire year. I hope for him he does, but I wouldn't bet on it.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
What year is Forsett? (Cal)

I love this kid (in a manly way of course) and his name sounds like you know who...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I really like Hester, from LSU. He has a tremendous balance of Power and speed, is a great blocker and receiver and has excelled on the highest level.

My draft would start with us keeping Barber and trading JJ for the highest pick(s) we could get. Then going with Jackson from Cal or a comparable WR with our first pick, then the best DB we can get with our second first rounder, the kid from OSU would be fantastic. In the second round, I would take Hester. Third or fourth round I would go after Zbikowski and move Roy (to another team).

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Nors;1719559 said:

I am also getting pretty excited about Ray Rice. McFadden may be a dream right now but Rice is a great possibility. Slaton and Hart? Meh, not really sold on them at this point.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Amendment to my post, as under the radar as Hester is right now, we could probably get him even deeper in the draft and focus on the secondary a little more.

Wouldn't it be great to have a "Hester" on the team? Come on, that counts for something!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Whoever we decide to get, I think it should be more of a speed back. JuJo and Barber compliment each other so well, I can't imagine getting another power back.

EX: I'd rather have Slaton over Rice because they have different styles

mitchell2254

Reaction score
If JuJo walks...

as I already stated in this thread I like Mike Hart. He runs with great heart. (no pun). Kid never stops. He would be a perfect compliment to MB3 and with all these other big names he could be had in the 2nd maybe even 3rd round. We don't need the big star at RB, just one that fits the system, and I think we have bigger needs with our 2 #1's.