If we were to draft a RB this years draft.. I'd be super happy with

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Are you guys not watching Mendenhall from Illinois. I don't know if he's a senior or what, but he is a beast.............He would look good with a star on his helmet.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
locked&loaded;1719769 said:
are you kidding me. no love for jonathan stewart? the mans an animal

I'm a Stewart fan, and would be happy with him. Though I still think McFadden is head and shoulders above the other backs that will possibly be available this year. And unlike most, concerned about CB and WR, I feel those holes need to be filled but not 1st round picks, more especially CB we don't need a starter as much as quality depth. Im suprised no one sees the need for a mauler at LG. Making my point I guess I'm saying I would still trade both 1st to get McFadden if it took that. He is a potential Franchise player.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Clove;1719554 said:
I like Fadden, he doesn't come off like the Barry Sanders type, "no brainer", and because of that and where we may end of drafting, I'd try to find the best corner or Wide Receiver.

If we have a shot at him without having to move picks, I'd say do it. Or we can draft a cat quick type of back "Felix Jones" comes to mind, and still get your CB or WR.

texbumthelife;1719646 said:
I really like Hester, from LSU. He has a tremendous balance of Power and speed, is a great blocker and receiver and has excelled on the highest level.

My draft would start with us keeping Barber and trading JJ for the highest pick(s) we could get. Then going with Jackson from Cal or a comparable WR with our first pick, then the best DB we can get with our second first rounder, the kid from OSU would be fantastic. In the second round, I would take Hester. Third or fourth round I would go after Zbikowski and move Roy (to another team).

I guess the CB, WR, or RB is easy to think about. But the biggest thing that shouldn't be ignored is the fact that at least one of these needs has to be addressed in free agency.

I would prefer CB or WR be addressed in free agency, cause of the time it usually takes to develop someone at those positions. Getting an older FA RB wouldn't be the best scenerio, so I believe we should be definitely looking at the RBs available in the draft when we do let JJ walk.

We just can't have too many holes to fill going into the draft.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score

If Stewart turns pro, he'll blow the scouts away at the Combine.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1719612 said:
I'd like to see us get Javorski Lane of A&M. The guy moves very well for a big man, and i see him in the same role as Jacobs of the Giants...

The secret to winning in the NFL is to draft as few Aggies as you possibly can... :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jdub2k4;1719650 said:
I am also getting pretty excited about Ray Rice. McFadden may be a dream right now but Rice is a great possibility. Slaton and Hart? Meh, not really sold on them at this point.

The way it's shaping up right now, I say let Julius hit the free agent highway, then go sign Michael Turner away from the Chargers... then you can focus on greater positions of need in the first round of the draft, specifically WR, CB and/or S...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
silverbear;1719886 said:
The way it's shaping up right now, I say let Julius hit the free agent highway, then go sign Michael Turner away from the Chargers... then you can focus on greater positions of need in the first round of the draft, specifically WR, CB and/or S...

Imagine that constrast in styles between Barber and Turner. Pure speed vs pure brutality. Good stuff.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
texbumthelife;1719646 said:
Third or fourth round I would go after Zbikowski and move Roy (to another team).

Are you serious? Has that CLOWN made a play for the ND defense at any time in the past 2 years? He has been exposed, and wanting him on the Boys is either homerism or stupidity.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
amuze;1719619 said:
Is AP in the draft this year? What does he have to do with McFadden or whoever else is coming out.

Settle down man, geez, yeah Cal lost AGAIN, no need to take it out on me...:cool:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Manster68;1719853 said:
Who??

What team?

Jonathan Stewart, for Oregon. He's 5-11, 230 pounds, has 4.34 speed and bench pressed 410 pounds (as a sophomore). He's averaging 7.2 yards per carry and 134 rushing yards per game. He led the nation in kickoff returns as a freshman and leads the Pac-10 in kickoff returns for the third consecutive season.

There's some question about whether he'll turn pro after this season, but if he does, his Combine numbers should be amazing.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they just trade next years 4th or later and one of this years first rounders. Then with our other first we could pick up king and trade next years first for Fitz, We could also pick up another CB in FA. Then ya got your elite RB, WR and CB. We also have Spencer and Tank who are young and Romo who has just begun his career. We currently have 42 Players on the active roster that have 5- years in the league. We are young we are good this is not a rebuilding era and it's also not a time to be wasting picks on projects. I think we have to keep building. We need to draft players that will not only have a future with the team but that can also jump in and take some snaps now. I think with a franchise QB, HB and WR we would have the foundations of our future. Draft picks do not hold as much value as people like to act like they do with FA. We can always pick players up on FA that want to win a superbowl like New England has been doing fairly cheap. I think we should take a shot at as many playmakers as we can in the draft and the offseason.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Beerguzzler44;1719508 said:
There is no way we get McFadden, but I am not even sure he is head over heels a better RB than Felix Jones who backs him up. Felix is explosive and I believe he will be a very good NFL RB...

I also like Ray Rice alot. McFadden is awsome but banged up alot. I don't have the man crush on McFadden that many people do. He is good though..
*EDIT*.....agree w/ what Silverbear said about Michael Turner.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I don't really understand the love for Rice. He gets caught from behind by linebackers.... constantly! Yes, he gets huge yards in COLLEGE because his line blast open highway sized holes for him to run through but as I just stated he constantly gets run down. I just don't think he'd translate to the nfl well. I could be wrong, but I'm usually not. :mad:

slick325

Reaction score

If Dallas can't score McFadden, I would be more than pleased to welcome Jonathan Stewart to the Cowboys. He is a baller!

slick325

Reaction score
4lifecowboy;1719796 said:
I'm a Stewart fan, and would be happy with him. Though I still think McFadden is head and shoulders above the other backs that will possibly be available this year. And unlike most, concerned about CB and WR, I feel those holes need to be filled but not 1st round picks, more especially CB we don't need a starter as much as quality depth. Im suprised no one sees the need for a mauler at LG. Making my point I guess I'm saying I would still trade both 1st to get McFadden if it took that. He is a potential Franchise player.

I think a 1st rounder will be and should be used on CB. Dallas does need a starter. No disrespect to A. Henry who is having a good year but he has not been healthy a complete season since coming to Dallas. He is also on the wrong side of 30 so the injuries may continue to come and the healing process will become slower. The 1st rounder will be starting at some point next season and with spread offenses being so popular, he will be playing a great deal in our Nickel. Remember J. Reeves is a free agent at the end of the season.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We will have many options with two picks in the 20's.

RB's traditionally drop in one.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1719937 said:
Jonathan Stewart, for Oregon. He's 5-11, 230 pounds, has 4.34 speed and bench pressed 410 pounds (as a sophomore). He's averaging 7.2 yards per carry and 134 rushing yards per game. He led the nation in kickoff returns as a freshman and leads the Pac-10 in kickoff returns for the third consecutive season.

There's some question about whether he'll turn pro after this season, but if he does, his Combine numbers should be amazing.

I believe he will blow the scouts away as well. Im not sure if his 40 will be that fast but if it is, damn. I really like the guy, 5'11 230 pounds you have to like the size. And if you watch him he obviously has speed and quickness. Hes fun to watch, its hard to explain he just fits the part of a stud runningback.