If Wentz does require a knee brace for the rest of his career

garyv

Reaction score
Even if you took the SB win off the table ( which you can’t) and took the 13-3 record off the table (which you can’t either) or the play off wins (you know) we won our games by 10.5 points on average. You? Your point differential was 1.2 on average. How is that not significantly better than you?
We lost players at basically the same positions as you except we lost a player widely considered the MVP of last year. And we kept winning. No, we didn’t lose players to suspension, sorry, we don’t have as many a-hole players. Yeah yeah Ewok was suspended for 6 games, you were 5-4 when he start his sit out.
Here’s the thing dude, you are going boy as good as what you’ve shown. That’s it. All the good vibes and I gotta feelin’ is crap. What’s on film? THAT my friend is the NFL! What happens this year is an unknown and the games will determine. But what I do know is, for all the stated reasons, we ARE significantly better than you. And you’ll have to live with that until proven otherwise. Life sucks, right?

Also did you forget the Cowboys were 13-3 the year before and last year with all the distractions were 9-7 and six of those without Elliott. (No Running game) Eagles went 13-3 last year and what was their record the year before ? when teams have a year like they had than teams playing them are better prepared knowing what their new Coach will do...you can't sneak up on teams like you did before because now their prepared this is why its hard to even repeat as NFC East Champs. Do you not think the Giants are a better team well they ARE. Just adding Saqoun Barkley made them a much improved team...drastically improved...takes heat off Manning and helps Odel Beckham tremendously. Personally as a Cowboy fan I worry about the Giants as much as the Eagles. They also improved their OL. You might want to to come down off the fairy ride and get with reality.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think the Eagles have a far better DL than Dallas does. LB group is a question mark at this point. Can't say Dallas is better because none of us know if LVE will be a good player or not. We also don't know how well Jaylon will play this year. I think the arrow is pointing up for both of them, but they have to get on the field and prove it. OL I give Dallas the edge, but Philly's is damn good too. Philly is better at QB and in the secondary at this point. Philly has the advantage at WR and TE as well. On paper they are the better team. But like the saying goes, they don't play games on paper. Wentz may not be 100% for much of the year. their DL may get fat and lazy. Nobody knows. Injuries could strike both teams.

Reactions: C42

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Wentz was very unlucky with that injury, he was being a bit reckless with his body but he is good in the pocket without using his legs or body to move the chains, I think we'll get to see more of his battles with Dak and the NFCEast.

1nfljunky

Reaction score
Also did you forget the Cowboys were 13-3 the year before and last year with all the distractions were 9-7 and six of those without Elliott. (No Running game) Eagles went 13-3 last year and what was their record the year before ? when teams have a year like they had than teams playing them are better prepared knowing what their new Coach will do...you can't sneak up on teams like you did before because now their prepared this is why its hard to even repeat as NFC East Champs. Do you not think the Giants are a better team well they ARE. Just adding Saqoun Barkley made them a much improved team...drastically improved...takes heat off Manning and helps Odel Beckham tremendously. Personally as a Cowboy fan I worry about the Giants as much as the Eagles. They also improved their OL. You might want to to come down off the fairy ride and get with reality.
Reality? I think the regular season is just a set up for the real season. What did we each learn about ours teams during their respective trips to the play offs? I’ll help you, one was real the other was not. Now, that’s not to say anything from last year will carry over. But we are constructed so differently than you are. We all knew you had flaws, they were fairly obvious for those who wanted to see them. Not saying we have no flaws but they just aren’t as easily exposed.

And I respect the hell out of the Giants. I just think it’ll take a while before they turn that ship around. They have nice pieces but as of right now that’s all they are, pieces. Anyone who takes any team for granted is a fool. I look forward to the season. I personally think the Eagles are built to last. But, we’ll see. It’s why they play the games...

garyv

Reaction score
I think the Eagles have a far better DL than Dallas does. LB group is a question mark at this point. Can't say Dallas is better because none of us know if LVE will be a good player or not. We also don't know how well Jaylon will play this year. I think the arrow is pointing up for both of them, but they have to get on the field and prove it. OL I give Dallas the edge, but Philly's is damn good too. Philly is better at QB and in the secondary at this point. Philly has the advantage at WR and TE as well. On paper they are the better team. But like the saying goes, they don't play games on paper. Wentz may not be 100% for much of the year. their DL may get fat and lazy. Nobody knows. Injuries could strike both teams.
I actually look for Dak to have a very good year better overall group of WR and Zeke back. I really don't think the loss of Dez and Witten will make that big a deal at all.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Okay so eagles fans never gloated about busting Romos collar bone....Right?

Now To say that Wentz is going to be fine, and a brace wont be a problem, or that it wont stop him from taking off every third down, is speculative at best..

Yes The medical industry does a good job of repairing these injuries and its pretty amazing..

I think If I was Howie or the person making the decision..Its a no brainer..I also think Foles probly be fine with whatever the team does..
haha. I was thinking the same thing. They like to play like they weren't celebrating when it happened.

Billyd

Reaction score
haha. I was thinking the same thing. They like to play like they weren't celebrating when it happened.

I sat in the nfc east forums, and listened to their smack all day long..

Philly fans are a bunch of low rent no class fans..Their history is littered with events of bad sportmanship and flat whining about their pitiful record in the Nfl..

How it is that they operate at any level in here is beyond me...lolol..Hey philly fans I aint buying any of it!

Billyd

Reaction score
I actually look for Dak to have a very good year better overall group of WR and Zeke back. I really don't think the loss of Dez and Witten will make that big a deal at all.

YEAH the funny thing about the statement about a lack of need of a number ones production is echoed in the numbers of guess what? 2016..

Spreading the ball to the open receiver is the answer to production in the Nfl..Only question is do the receivers catch the ball at the numbers large enough to be efficient and productive in the red zone in the amounts necessary to compete...Move the chains passing or running im a balanced attack is what the Cowboys need to do..

Billyd

Reaction score
Wentz was very unlucky with that injury, he was being a bit reckless with his body but he is good in the pocket without using his legs or body to move the chains, I think we'll get to see more of his battles with Dak and the NFCEast.

No question Wentz is a good qb..Only question is how long it will take him to recover, and how the injury will effect his mechanics, and his mobility in the pocket..He was very slippery, and elusive getting out of trouble under duress..How will that effect his game?.

Foles is not the fleetest of foot, but he managed to close the season out and get them through the playoffs so Wentz had the oline to do it..

Billyd

Reaction score

Idn about that..The numbers say different things..Dak has a better won loss record, and unlike Wentz was a better runner and more productive scoring tds rushing...Remember Wentz didnt play in the playoffs..Dak had and played well in the second half, throwing for 300 plus and several tds..I really dont think you can gauge them at present still..Wentz had a better year last year before he was hurt but now he has this setback to deal with..

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think Wentz is back in the lineup for week one. He may have an injury hangover for a season like most players do with this injury, but he’s more dangerous throwing than running it anyway. He’s too good a young player to backslide like RGIII did, and he’s not dependent on his legs like RGIII was.
He was proving much more lethal in his deep ball attack as the season progressed,now,whether he'd actually improved or his receivers just became more in-tune to what was sailing there way,remains to be seeno_O

* if any rowdy avatar with less than 200 posts 'quotes' this,,,I'm immediately invoking the ignore casing-liner on them:hammer:

Billyd

Reaction score
I wouldnt say that..The reality is that Foles rose to the level he needed to be at and closed the deal. WENTZ didnt as his opportunity was derailed by injury. YOU ARE assuming way to much!