If we're picking future quarterbacks

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
VACowboy said:
He's probably too raw for Parcells. He seems extremely talented, though.

What makes ya think he would go with the Postons? It amazes me that anyone does.
Heard from a source that he was considering it. They tend to get the players they go after.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He's got some very real gifts. Too undisciplined at times for me, but exciting to watch.

I'm serious about the Postons BTW.
Who is Steve McNair's agent? Vince is real close to McNair and would probably seek his advice on things like these. I hope Vince follows in Steve's footsteps.....

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Considering how big of wussys our WR's, rbs and tes were tonight, I think Vince could of had a better night in terms of passing. How many times did OSU's recievers rip the ball away from our dbs? How many drops did we have?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
So it begins, the Radio jock riding will reach unimaginable levels because of this win. :banghead:

And if they had lost, you and the other Horns haters would be havin' a field day... suck on that...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
aggiecurt05 said:
I am still wondering what people see in this guy. It is ludicrous to think that his passing ability comes anywhere near to success in the NFL. Should he be a first round pick, maybe, but definitely not at QB. If you guys think that Quincy had accuracy problems, then the cowboys would jump to the next level by bringing in Young. Someone mentioned that he has the physical stature of a qb more than Vick, but Young doesn't have near the arm accuracy or ability to read a defense (which is sad because those are two of Vick's weaknesses) (and frankly doesn't run as well either- not when everyone else is bigger and faster). I am so tired of the hype that surrounds QB's from Texas.

Imagine that, an Aggie who's sick of "Texas hype"...

Maybe if your boys ever WIN SOMETHING, they'll start gettin' hyped, too...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
5mics said:
Who is Steve McNair's agent? Vince is real close to McNair and would probably seek his advice on things like these. I hope Vince follows in Steve's footsteps.....
I want to say Steinberg, but I'm not certain.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
This may come as a surprise, but maybe VACowboy will agree with me. Dont get me wrong, I love V Young, but I agree taht his throming motion needs a lot of work, sometimes, its correct, but when he wants, he does the side arm thing that scares the crap out of me. Anyway, I think Marcus Vick will be an amazing player. He has all the atheletic ability Mike has, but he is far better at passing at this stage of his career than Mike was then. Hell, he's about as good as Mike is now!! I wouldnt mind at all if he ended up here!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
This may come as a surprise, but maybe VACowboy will agree with me. Dont get me wrong, I love V Young, but I agree taht his throming motion needs a lot of work, sometimes, its correct, but when he wants, he does the side arm thing that scares the crap out of me. Anyway, I think Marcus Vick will be an amazing player. He has all the atheletic ability Mike has, but he is far better at passing at this stage of his career than Mike was then. Hell, he's about as good as Mike is now!! I wouldnt mind at all if he ended up here!
Marcus has some character issues that I think make him not likely. Parcells and Jones are going for character.

Dyluke

Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:

While i like Marcus Vick as well, i'd much rather have Vince Young. The guy just keeps getting better and better.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Marcus has some character issues that I think make him not likely. Parcells and Jones are going for character.

Fill me in, what character issues? And who knows if BP will be here when he comes out.........hes a player. Jones didnt have character problems with our boy Playmaker when he messed up.....hate to bring it up, but Im just saying!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I got a dollar says he hires the Postons as his agents.

I don't think so. He seems to be a high character guy.

And let's not put the cart before the horse here.......I seriously doubt Young leaves. Mac Brown keeps his players at Texas. I think Young stays.

I agree. But honestly, if they aren't gonna do anything to improve his throwing mechanics then he probably should leave early, that way he'll be a year younger since it'll take time for an NFL team to correct his mechanics anyway.

QB is the most undercoached position in football. Nine times out of 10 the kid at QB is already athletically gifted so the coaches let them do as they please.

Yep. But I wouldn't mind a player like him sitting on the bench a few years learning from a guy like Peyton and Lee. Hopefully it works with Henson. I think it will.

jimmy40

Reaction score
aggiecurt05 said:
I am still wondering what people see in this guy. It is ludicrous to think that his passing ability comes anywhere near to success in the NFL. Should he be a first round pick, maybe, but definitely not at QB. If you guys think that Quincy had accuracy problems, then the cowboys would jump to the next level by bringing in Young. Someone mentioned that he has the physical stature of a qb more than Vick, but Young doesn't have near the arm accuracy or ability to read a defense (which is sad because those are two of Vick's weaknesses) (and frankly doesn't run as well either- not when everyone else is bigger and faster). I am so tired of the hype that surrounds QB's from Texas. Comparing Simms, who has done nothing with Tampa, and VYoung, there isn't even a question of who was more of an NFL ready qb, and look at what has happened with Simms. If you look at his stat sheet, you might be impressed, but my gosh his passes never come close to threading the needle, he survives on a far superior receiving corps (although I think leinart is in the same boat) to get wide open so he can lob one up and hope.
Quit being an aggie and talking out of your arse. Superior receiving corps? He had the worst group of receivers in the country last year and completed 60% of his passes.That right there proves you either have no idea what you're talking about or you're just being an aggie. Whatever dude. I've said before he's no where near ready for the NFL but at least tell the truth about his situation.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
I don't think so. He seems to be a high character guy.

I agree. But honestly, if they aren't gonna do anything to improve his throwing mechanics then he probably should leave early, that way he'll be a year younger since it'll take time for an NFL team to correct his mechanics anyway.

Yep. But I wouldn't mind a player like him sitting on the bench a few years learning from a guy like Peyton and Lee. Hopefully it works with Henson. I think it will.
The Postons have some high character guys as well. A couple of their players have garnered more pub for bad things, but they don't represent thugs and no one else.

I agree on Henson, and I agree it would help Young. I like him. I think he needs a lot of work. His mechanics are pretty wild.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
jterrell said:
What Young has that Vick doesn't is true QB size to absorb more licks and to see over the line. If those OSU LBs had ben hitting Vick like that his ribs woulda fell off.

I do think Young would need lots of work but the guy has as much talent and potential as anyone in the country including Lienart. He's just not a sure thing like Matt is.

Looking at Young's mechanics, his throwing motion is god awful. As you can see from the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game, a smart D-Coordinator will bat down balls like crazy, especially since they are taller in the NFL. Not to mention he really flicks the ball out there instead of making a full arm throw and using his torso and legs, thus he isn't very accurate and loses velocity.

Not only that, his footwork is atrocious and I can't imagine him fitting into a West Coast offense, where footwork is of utmost importance.

Vick had his faults in college and still does, but he threw the ball with much better mechanics and appears to have a 10 times stronger arm, not to mention his footwork was much better.

Lastly, I really believe that Vick has better escapability than Young does.

Personally, I'd take Clemson's Charlie Whitehurst over Vince Young if I'm a NFL GM looking for a QB.

Rich........

jimmy40

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Looking at Young's mechanics, his throwing motion is god awful. As you can see from the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game, a smart D-Coordinator will bat down balls like crazy, especially since they are taller in the NFL. Not to mention he really flicks the ball out there instead of making a full arm throw and using his torso and legs, thus he isn't very accurate and loses velocity.

Not only that, his footwork is atrocious and I can't imagine him fitting into a West Coast offense, where footwork is of utmost importance.

Vick had his faults in college and still does, but he threw the ball with much better mechanics and appears to have a 10 times stronger arm, not to mention his footwork was much better.

Personally, I'd take Clemson's Charlie Whitehurst over Vince Young if I'm a NFL GM looking for a QB.

Rich........
VY can flick the ball 50 yards but Vick has a 10 times stronger arm? I may be the lone Longhorn fan saying VY is nowhere near ready for the NFL but some of this crap you guys are coming up with is just laughable.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

Not really a bold statement. What QB in the NFL or College has better escapability then Michael Vick?

It's not a bad thing to have less escapability then Vick. That's like pointing out La'Roi Glover doesn't bench press as much as Larry Allen. Glover may not be as strong as Allen, but he's still one of the strongest in the NFL.

And no way in hell would I take Whitehurst over Young. No way, no how. Whitehurst is limited physically. Young has all the things you cannot coach. And the things he's missing can be coached. You'd just have to be patient.