If you can have 1 super vet return would it be Witten, Ware or Romo?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Come on man, stop with this crap. I know the Cowboys as well as anybody and I certainly know them better then you do. Answer the question or just stop trying to pretend you know what you are talking about. Posters know what's going on here. I'm not saying I know more then the next guy but I am saying I know what I'm talking about. You are talking about 2013 correct? Just admit it. It's the only year he played in Garrett, Kiffin and Marinelli's 43. Before that, it was Ryan and after that, he was in Denver so why not just admit it. You are talking about 2013 right? The year he had only 6 sacks correct? You are hanging your hat on that season correct? Just admit it. Is that the season you are pointing to?

And stop acting like you know what you are talking about when you probably never even watched Ware his entire career. Stop treating people like you know more when all you are doing is trying to cover up the fact that you don't know nearly as much as those who actually watched Ware in that season and before that. If you just treat people with a little respect and stop this pretend crap, you might actually find that posters will share their knowledge with you. Tell you what they have seen and have real discussion with you. All you are doing now is wasting my time. Is 2013 the season you are talking about?
Again....Ware's last season. You are literally the only person that has responded to my post asking....when was that. EVERYONE else knew and we conversed on that season without defining said season. So I am assuming that you are not an informed fan. Sorry if it offends you.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Easily Romo, health would be the only issue. Ware is done, nothing left in the tank and Witten has been running on fumes. Two of the above would barely impact the team while the other upgrades the offense instantly.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He was injured that whole year and that is why we did not re-sign him.

Exactly right. In 2013, Ware started out on fire. He was literally abusing everybody in Training Camp and flat out could not be stopped. But early on, he injured his elbow with a hyper extension, he tore his quad and he had herniated disk issues the entire year. He played through all of that, missing something like three games the entire season. It had nothing to do with playing in a 43, vs a 34. I mean, if you watched Ware and his play prior to, you know that we played a hybrid 34 with heavy 43 influence, especially on passing downs. We basically played a 43 with Ware rushing from the up position. That's really the only difference. This is the point I was trying to get across to the other poster. He may not have anything left but if he came back, it wouldn't matter what scheme we were playing. He would either have the quickness or he wouldn't.

JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Again....Ware's last season. You are literally the only person that has responded to my post asking....when was that. EVERYONE else knew and we conversed on that season without defining said season. So I am assuming that you are not an informed fan. Sorry if it offends you.

I wanted you to be on record and BTW, if you knew your team so well and you knew that it was his last season, why couldn't you just say yes, 2013? BTW, everyone else also knew that he had a down year that season because of injuries, not because of the 43 scheme. Why do you do this? Why do you purposely go out of your way to argue for no reason instead of trying to have a productive discussion?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I wanted you to be on record and BTW, if you knew your team so well and you knew that it was his last season, why couldn't you just say yes, 2013? BTW, everyone else also knew that he had a down year that season because of injuries, not because of the 43 scheme. Why do you do this? Why do you purposely go out of your way to argue for no reason instead of trying to have a productive discussion?
Come one man

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Come one man

And BTW, you never answered the question, did you watch Ware in 2013 and did you watch Ware his entire career or are you just looking at stats and saying, "6 sacks from double digit the year we went to 43, humm....."

Come on man, that says about nothing. I've been more then fair with you. I asked you this question from the start and you never answered, just like you never gave the date.

43 wont matter if Ware came out of retirement. It will be about what he has left. Do you still deny that and if so, based on what because it has nothing at all to do with the scheme.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And BTW, you never answered the question, did you watch Ware in 2013 and did you watch Ware his entire career or are you just looking at stats and saying, "6 sacks from double digit the year we went to 43, humm....."

Come on man, that says about nothing. I've been more then fair with you. I asked you this question from the start and you never answered, just like you never gave the date.

43 wont matter if Ware came out of retirement. It will be about what he has left. Do you still deny that and if so, based on what because it has nothing at all to do with the scheme.
Classic example of someone who just wants to be right.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Classic example of someone who just wants to be right.....

Still, you don't answer the question. What do you base your statement on? Do you still contend that he can't play in a 43?

Have you actually ever watched Ware play?

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Forget good conversation and debating.....in my Emo voice....You did not say 2013; you said his last season lol. Thanks for the laugh bromister.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Forget good conversation and debating.....in my Emo voice....You did not say 2013; you said his last season lol. Thanks for the laugh bromister.

Yeah, this is not about the issue. You don't know the history of it and you don't want to admit that. I get it.

It's cool, I suspected that but I wanted you to maybe say so and then we could have had good conversation around it. That's not going to happen, that's fine.

If Ware came back, it wouldn't matter if he played in our 43. It would only matter if he still had the explosive step and what kind of shape he was in. That's the truth of it.

Thanks for playing.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yeah, this is not about the issue. You don't know the history of it and you don't want to admit that. I get it.

It's cool, I suspected that but I wanted you to maybe say so and then we could have had good conversation around it. That's not going to happen, that's fine.

If Ware came back, it wouldn't matter if he played in our 43. It would only matter if he still had the explosive step and what kind of shape he was in. That's the truth of it.

Thanks for playing.
Man you're right I had no idea what I was talking about. I actually thought Ware's last season was 2003. Thank you setting me straight. And most importantly....you were right.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Man you're right I had no idea what I was talking about. I actually thought Ware's season was 2003. Thank you setting me straight. And most importantly....you were right.

Clearly, but so what? Look, it doesn't have to be that way. If you don't want to discuss Cowboys with me, that's fine but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board. Many of them can pass that on if you just allow it. Don't start every discussion like you know everything and nobody else does. You just close yourself off from the opportunity to learn stuff.

Whatever, yeah, I was probably right but who cares? I was interested in talking about Ware coming back, not about this boring crappy juvenile stuff. waste of a Friday morning, what a drag.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Clearly, but so what? Look, it doesn't have to be that way. If you don't want to discuss Cowboys with me, that's fine but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board. Many of them can pass that on if you just allow it. Don't start every discussion like you know everything and nobody else does. You just close yourself off from the opportunity to learn stuff.

Whatever, yeah, I was probably right but who cares? I was interested in talking about Ware coming back, not about this boring crappy juvenile stuff. waste of a Friday morning, what a drag.
You are so right I do not even know why you respond to someone as wrong as me.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If we were talking about getting a time machine and bringing DWare back from his prime my answer would be different. However, in regards to the topic of this Thread I would prefer JW.
You are right about that. I cant disagree and i yield my remaining time

ArtClink

Reaction score
The legend of Romo should be viewed through the lenses of playoff wins. That's how we measure the careers of our QBs.

I'll take Ware if you're talking in their prime.

I'll take none of the above if you mean now.