If you can only have one next year who is your pick? Cooper or Dak?

OldJarhead

Reaction score
With the year spiraling out of control and still no contracts in sight I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thought.

If you could only keep one of the two players Cooper or Dak to build around next year, who would you pick and why?

no doubt, Cooper with a real QB is deadly.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I honestly don't care who stays or goes anymore. As long as the Jones' own this team it doesn't matter...

hackneyedhiatus

Reaction score
That's your opinion. Any of these coaches are going to understand how lucky they are to be going to a team with a young stud like Dak about to enter the prime of his career.

The guy is breaking Cowboys passing records this year, leading the league in most passing categories and leads the #1 offense in the NFL.

What other young QB's are out there that are more promising than Dak?

Mahones and who else?

It's nice that a functional ****** like you can manage to get by in society. Only Mahomes? Watson...Jackson...Allen...Carr...Garoppolo...Murray. Hell, even Wentz and Daniel Jones. Cowboys would've been better off going after Cousins a couple of years ago or Foles last year in FA. Dak is an anchor on a ship full of them, dragging the bottom.

KB1122

Reaction score
Seriously, what is lifelong Cowboys fan Andrew Luck up to?

InTheZone

Reaction score
anyone that says Dak at this point should have their posts automatically start with "Not to be taken seriously"

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wow, you just don't get it.

You want to count a ton of yardage against the worst defenses in football and try to equate it to what other quarterbacks are doing. You want to give credence to passing yardage in a game that Prescott FAILED to keep up with the Packers for two quarters, then racked up big numbers once the game was already decided and the Packers were just trying to keep the clock moving.

Against the good defenses Dallas has played, what's he done? New Orleans, New England, Buffalo......?

Oh, yeah, he had 355 FREAKING YARDS against Buffalo, in perhaps one of the worst performances of his career. Again, yardage means diddly squat.

The problem is this. You have no idea what you're watching. You need these stat sheets to give you some sense of grounding for formulating an opinion of what you saw.

I've seen great passing performances that were 200 yards or less. I've seen Jeff George throw for 400+ and literally lose the game single-handedly.

What do you do when you've got to make THAT throw into a tight window while stepping up into the pocket with the rush on top of you? That is what defines a quarterback, not how many yards he rolls up on the Giants and Commanders with nobody on defense with a single skin on the wall.

What's really funny is you keep trying to blame Prescott for the packers game and say nothing about the defense that gave up 34 points including FOUR rushing TD'a.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
It’s Dak.. cooper walks around like he doesn’t give a damn. Does he ever get mad? Kick rocks dude.

UncleRico

Reaction score
I know ppl are coming to this late and not reading through the entirety of the thread but the intention of my OP was to just have fun with a hypothetical IF situation.

I was hoping to get people to HAVE to pick one over the other not delve into the reality of our situation like in every other thread. Lol

But since that is where it has gone, I have to agree that I hope both are signed. They have been impressive when ON and I can only imagine that keeping them together and allowing that bond to strengthen will only make them more electric in future seasons together.

Here’s to the future and more Cowboys success!!

Ok cool, I got you :starspin:

UncleRico

Reaction score
Dak didn't appear to be even remotely the QB you are describing until said receiver joined the team.

Pre Cooper in 2018 Dak was under 200 yards 4 of the first 7 games. That doesn't make you think twice?

You’re right, cooper was a beast in Oakland

UncleRico

Reaction score
Dak didn't appear to be even remotely the QB you are describing until said receiver joined the team.

Pre Cooper in 2018 Dak was under 200 yards 4 of the first 7 games. That doesn't make you think twice?

Gallup and Cooper are nice to have no doubt but you take a franchise QB over a WR all day every day I’m not sure why this is even a debate. Dak and Gallup have a good connection and he and Cobb do as well. Cooper is legit no doubt but the QB much more important.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I know ppl are coming to this late and not reading through the entirety of the thread but the intention of my OP was to just have fun with a hypothetical IF situation.

I was hoping to get people to HAVE to pick one over the other not delve into the reality of our situation like in every other thread. Lol

But since that is where it has gone, I have to agree that I hope both are signed. They have been impressive when ON and I can only imagine that keeping them together and allowing that bond to strengthen will only make them more electric in future seasons together.

Here’s to the future and more Cowboys success!!

When you ask users for an opinion you're going to get them even if they're not the ones you're looking or hoping for.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
They are everywhere ..google it

There are a lot of articles where the author gives his opinion and some say they have a source but don't name that source so I give those no credence at all.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You’re right, cooper was a beast in Oakland

He was over 1000 yards receiving his rookie and 2nd year there, catching passes from Derek Carr (who, according to the Dak a zoids couldn't hold a candle to Prescott) so be must have been doing something right

jnday

Reaction score
Sorry but this is ridiculous who do you think you’re going to build around? You build around a young QB. You can’t win without a solid QB. Dak has carried the Cowboys this year.
Carried them to what? No wins against decent teams or the Jets?

jnday

Reaction score
With all this disappearing its amazing Dak is able to lead the league in passing yrds and 3rd in tds. Guess he would throw for over 7000 yrds if he was there all of the time.
The garbage time yards impress you huh?