If you can only have one next year who is your pick? Cooper or Dak?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Any coach that comes to Dallas will do so in large part because of Dak Prescott.

Coming to Dallas is a total ego move for any coach and while I do think Dak Prescott is a positive I do not see it as a large factor in a coach taking this job.

I think a lot of coach will be just like people on this forum and some will want to pay him and some will not think they can build the team necessary to win with him making that much money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Link? Not just speculation what someone wants. I haven't seen an article yet saying either one are demanding these types of contracts.

Dak has come out publicly and said he doesn't think he should be the highest paid QB.

starfan1

Reaction score
Roy Williams? Not a bad example, but didn't we trade for him? Did we resign him?

Crawford was bad, but not THIS bad. Taco was rookie. Hurns was one year for 6 million, hardly compares to 90 million and 15 million per year for a RB that has lost a step.

The ONLY one I can think of might be that corner from KC we paid 10 million per year for 5 years.
Brandon Carr ya he was suckage as well. We got lots of examples and Zeke is bad because good organizations dont over pay that position but even add his inflated rate he does provide value even as it diminishes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Coming to Dallas is a total ego move for any coach and while I do think Dak Prescott is a positive I do not see it as a large factor in a coach taking this job.

I think a lot of coach will be just like people on this forum and some will want to pay him and some will not think they can build the team necessary to win with him making that much money.

That's your opinion. Any of these coaches are going to understand how lucky they are to be going to a team with a young stud like Dak about to enter the prime of his career.

The guy is breaking Cowboys passing records this year, leading the league in most passing categories and leads the #1 offense in the NFL.

What other young QB's are out there that are more promising than Dak?

Mahones and who else?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Brandon Carr ya he was suckage as well. We got lots of examples and Zeke is bad because good organizations dont over pay that position but even add his inflated rate he does provide value even as it diminishes.

Carr……….nailed it.

erod

Reaction score
Here's what makes your thinking sink like the Titanic. Some losing teams SOMETIMES do have more passing yard than the winning team and it comes at garbage time, BUT you don't lead the league in passing from what a QB gets from garbage time. Second, Prescott leads the league in pass completions of 20 or more yards and TD's of passes 20 or more yards. I think it's funny, not ha ha funny that when the Cowboys lose like the packers game you want to put everything on Prescott and say nothing about the defense allowing 34 points and FOUR rushing TD's. Or the vbills game where the defense gave up an average of 5.9 yards per play and a total of 426 yards. According to you it's just Precott's fault.

Now I'll give you a time when a QB didn't lead the league in passing or had the #1 offense in the league but had a running game each week. the 2016 Cowboys that ended up 13-3. Prescott has gotten most of his passing yards this season due to the fact that half of their games the running game was subpar or nonexistent leaving just the passing game to try to win with.
Wow, you just don't get it.

You want to count a ton of yardage against the worst defenses in football and try to equate it to what other quarterbacks are doing. You want to give credence to passing yardage in a game that Prescott FAILED to keep up with the Packers for two quarters, then racked up big numbers once the game was already decided and the Packers were just trying to keep the clock moving.

Against the good defenses Dallas has played, what's he done? New Orleans, New England, Buffalo......?

Oh, yeah, he had 355 FREAKING YARDS against Buffalo, in perhaps one of the worst performances of his career. Again, yardage means diddly squat.

The problem is this. You have no idea what you're watching. You need these stat sheets to give you some sense of grounding for formulating an opinion of what you saw.

I've seen great passing performances that were 200 yards or less. I've seen Jeff George throw for 400+ and literally lose the game single-handedly.

What do you do when you've got to make THAT throw into a tight window while stepping up into the pocket with the rush on top of you? That is what defines a quarterback, not how many yards he rolls up on the Giants and Commanders with nobody on defense with a single skin on the wall.

UncleRico

Reaction score
I would have to pay Cooper, we gave up a first round for him and he has produced for us. I would have to think that if we got a young fresh QB in here he could nurture and create chemistry with him too.

Dak is solid, but has not been consistent enough in my mind to warrant to throwing out the kind of money he and his agent are holding out for.

So if I had to go with one it would be Coop.

Horrid horrid take. You would rather have a top 10 WR over a top 10 franchise QB? Good Lord man...

UncleRico

Reaction score

Dak is HIGHLY thought of by other players and coaches. Having a top 10 franchise QB who is a leader and works his *** off already in place is a BIG selling point to coaches.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Are people really this delusional or are most of the posters here trolls? I really can’t tell

Yeah, you got me. Totally trolling

Why stop at $40 mil a year? Jerry pay him $80 million a year. Maybe 90

Guy is flat out the best QB that's ever played football, any era any system. I'm constantly thankful for the blessed gift that Dak Prescott is to Cowboy fandom.

(PS--THAT was trolling. See the difference?)

Back to my original point, Dak's not a franchise QB in my opinion. Care to argue his merits? Or would you rather just blithely declare anyone who doesn't see it your way as an delusional troll and make yourself appear as such in the process?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Horrid horrid take. You would rather have a top 10 WR over a top 10 franchise QB? Good Lord man...

Dak didn't appear to be even remotely the QB you are describing until said receiver joined the team.

Pre Cooper in 2018 Dak was under 200 yards 4 of the first 7 games. That doesn't make you think twice?

efh313

Reaction score
I know ppl are coming to this late and not reading through the entirety of the thread but the intention of my OP was to just have fun with a hypothetical IF situation.

I was hoping to get people to HAVE to pick one over the other not delve into the reality of our situation like in every other thread. Lol

But since that is where it has gone, I have to agree that I hope both are signed. They have been impressive when ON and I can only imagine that keeping them together and allowing that bond to strengthen will only make them more electric in future seasons together.

Here’s to the future and more Cowboys success!!

Blue64

Reaction score
With the year spiraling out of control and still no contracts in sight I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thought.

If you could only keep one of the two players Cooper or Dak to build around next year, who would you pick and why?
Neither one...
Prescott is useless... yes he put up some good numbers so far this year... but a QB is judged on wins...

as for cooper... he’s more like Casper.

Blue64

Reaction score
With the year spiraling out of control and still no contracts in sight I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thought.

If you could only keep one of the two players Cooper or Dak to build around next year, who would you pick and why?
Neither...

Prescott is utterly useless... and the proof has been the last two weeks...
he couldn’t hit an open receiver 5 yards in front of him if he had no pass rush...

As for the other clown... he should change his name to Casper...

blow up the whole team and start over