If you can only have one next year who is your pick? Cooper or Dak?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Cooper without Dak makes no sense at all. You don't build the WR core before you have a franchise QB. Matt Millen proved the point.

Well, the Dallas FO isn’t know for being smart, so Cooper is likely leaving this joke of a franchise.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the Dallas FO isn’t know for being smart, so Cooper is likely leaving this joke of a franchise.

He owes his career and next contract to Dallas. He's looking at being the top paid WR in the NFL next year. That wasn't happening in Oakland. So, maybe there will be some consideration given, but it going to cost Jerry a lot more than it would have prior to that trade.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He owes his career and next contract to Dallas. He's looking at being the top paid WR in the NFL next year. That wasn't happening in Oakland. So, maybe there will be some consideration given, but it going to cost Jerry a lot more than it would have prior to that trade.

lol. Amari owes this franchise nothing. Stop making jokes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. Amari owes this franchise nothing. Stop making jokes.

You can think that all you want but he wasn't a top 15 WR when he got here and now he's top 2-3 maybe. There is no question he wanted out of Oakland and Jerry came to his rescue.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
With the year spiraling out of control and still no contracts in sight I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thought.

If you could only keep one of the two players Cooper or Dak to build around next year, who would you pick and why?

This is not the case at all. The cap space is there.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Need both, but only a fool would take Cooper over Dak.

QB is the most critical position and hardest to find in football. You can replace Cooper more easily, but that’s not going to happen.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Keep Dak. Tougher to replace a QB than a WR, plus Cooper seems to be hurt every game, and though he hasn't missed a game, he's missed a lot of plays in those games and I think it's just a matter of time before he spends significant time out with an injury.
he probably would spend more games out if he already had a massive contract by now. he does not have that guarantee money to sit out games right now. watch it when he gets paid he will miss at least two to four games a year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he probably would spend more games out if he already had a massive contract by now. he does not have that guarantee money to sit out games right now. watch it when he gets paid he will miss at least two to four games a year.
Also possible.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if its a forced choice have to go Dak IF hes still hoping for market setting contract.. if he comes back down to earth at 32/33 I can see him staying.. goes for cooper as well..

the scenario looks more like this,

Bjones is out, I rather try to retain Quinn if the price is right

Dak or coop FT
coop or Dak gets signed

So they find way to keep both..

MikeB80

Reaction score
I don't want to pay either.

But Signing Dak without Cooper means you lose a lot of Dak's production. Signing Both seems like a huge mistake and will lead to Dallas being Atlanta.

Franchising Dak and signing Cooper long term or Vice Versa seems to be the only way.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
With the year spiraling out of control and still no contracts in sight I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thought.

If you could only keep one of the two players Cooper or Dak to build around next year, who would you pick and why?
Cooper

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
It’s Dak and not even close. QBs are way more valuable than WRs but this is the dumb franchise that over paid a RB when second and third round picks produce numbers close enough for a lot less.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
You pay Garrett......we are about to reap the rewards of his long 10yr process.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
0 to both as 1 is average to below average(Dak) and the other( Coop) wants top 3 WR money which is over the top for his talents.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s Dak and not even close. QBs are way more valuable than WRs but this is the dumb franchise that over paid a RB when second and third round picks produce numbers close enough for a lot less.

QB who can only beat up on bottom-dwelling teams aren't very valuable......sorry but you might want to start watching our FG kicking offense.....

kskboys

Reaction score
Need both, but only a fool would take Cooper over Dak.

QB is the most critical position and hardest to find in football. You can replace Cooper more easily, but that’s not going to happen.
I mean, seriously. This thread shouldn't even have been made. It's not close.

CWR

Reaction score
QB is the hardest position in all of professional sports. Dak is easily a top 10 QB in my mind. You can't let him walk and roll the dice on the unlikely chance you can find Payton Manning in the next draft.

I also haven't put the ceiling on him that some have. Ive seen a lot of improvement this season. No, that doesn't mean hes been awesome every game, no qb is. Only the jaded cant recognize the difference from 2017 to now.