If you can only have one next year who is your pick? Cooper or Dak?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB is the hardest position in all of professional sports. Dak is easily a top 10 QB in my mind. You can't let him walk and roll the dice on the unlikely chance you can find Payton Manning in the next draft.

I also haven't put the ceiling on him that some have. Ive seen a lot of improvement this season. No, that doesn't mean hes been awesome every game, no qb is. Only the jaded cant recognize the difference from 2017 to now.

If we win this Dog division do you get a raise from Dak's PR office bud?

willia451

Reaction score
It depends on if you think you can draft a franchise QB in this draft. I'm not married to Dak I hope the Cowboys don't think they are either.

Jake Fromm from Georgia would be a good choice. But it would take some to get him.

efh313

Reaction score
Seems like it was created to draw out the true Dak haters. :laugh:

It was honestly created in a spirit of fun just to see what people would say and play around but apparently there are people on these forums incapable of NOT injecting their hate on other people’s threads.

Not saying you are a hater @Runwildboys but others have been surprisingly rude about the creation of this thread which clearly says if you could only have one... I thought this forum was more fun and friendly than this. Perhaps everybody is still upset over that Bills loss...
:huh:

Thanks to those of you responding and playing along!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was honestly created in a spirit of fun just to see what people would say and play around but apparently there are people on these forums incapable of NOT injecting their hate on other people’s threads.

Not saying you are a hater @Runwildboys but others have been surprisingly rude about the creation of this thread which clearly says if you could only have one... I thought this forum was more fun and friendly than this. Perhaps everybody is still upset over that Bills loss...
:huh:

Thanks to those of you responding and playing along!!!
I was just (half) joking. I know it wasn't meant to draw out the haters, but that was an inevitable result. ;)

efh313

Reaction score
I was just (half) joking. I know it wasn't meant to draw out the haters, but that was an inevitable result. ;)
Too much time spent on gaming forums, I suppose. People there live to just throw out opinions and play games. With all the polls pinned I fell into old habits! Lol

I guess I learned my lesson...

Nah, won’t let the haters win!
But I’ll be more clear about my expectations in my OP from now on.
:facepalm::laugh::facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With the year spiraling out of control and still no contracts in sight I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thought.

If you could only keep one of the two players Cooper or Dak to build around next year, who would you pick and why?

Sorry but this is ridiculous who do you think you’re going to build around? You build around a young QB. You can’t win without a solid QB. Dak has carried the Cowboys this year.

slick325

Reaction score
It depends on if you think you can draft a franchise QB in this draft. I'm not married to Dak I hope the Cowboys don't think they are either.

Jake Fromm from Georgia would be a good choice. But it would take some to get him.

Those nuptials took place in 2016 midseason when Jerry left Romo for Prescott. Dallas is married to the QB only thing left to discuss are years, guaranteed money, AAV, offset language and increases based on cap increases. The Jones boys are all-in my friend.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

I get what you are saying but I don't think the choice is as simple as some would make it out to be

It was basically this point last year when absolutely no one was talking about Dak getting paid even remotely what he's asking for

I the first 7 games of 2018 Dak had only surpassed 200 yards passing 3 times and had 8 passing TD in those 7 games

I'm not trying to be the "hater" that you are referring to but those numbers are abysmal. No other way to describe them.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have the opinion that Cooper has been better for Dak than Dak has been for Cooper. Not saying it's the only conclusion to draw but it's certainly not as crazy as some people would make it sound