CZ POLL If you could change only one, would you change Quarterback, Coach or Ownership?

Which of the three options would you change if you could only make one come true?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The championship years were when Jimmy was the unofficial GM.
Sorry. I should have been more specific. Decades, as in no later than December 2002, when the failed Dave Campo experiment came to an end.

That would be just over 21 years (two decades) from present. Additionally, it would have been thirteen years since he made himself (or thought of himself as) general manager, which was a far longer tenure as one even with him boosting his self-worthiness in front of three Lombardi trophies.

His GM shelf life had expired a long, LONG time ago. Jones has been changing his own freshness date every single year.

ArtClink

Reaction score
NOTE: VOTES CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CAST!

Dan Patrick interviewed Bob Sturm on his show this morning. The entire interview can be heard and seen below but the video starts at the 3:14 mark where Patrick poses the question. Some people will automatically say all three or even more but I respect Sturm for sticking to the question and giving an answer. I agree with him 100%.

Sturm has always understood the root cause but then again a 3rd grader could easily arrive at the same conclusion. Sturm is a great sportswriter and radio personality for Dallas and beyond.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Me fellow blokes are giving Dak "Pick 6s" Prescott a free pass? Jerald did not overthrow, underthrow or throw Pick 6s!

I demand a recount!

Reaction score

Dan Patrick interviewed Bob Sturm on his show this morning. The entire interview can be heard and seen below but the video starts at the 3:14 mark where Patrick poses the question. Some people will automatically say all three or even more but I respect Sturm for sticking to the question and giving an answer. I agree with him 100%.

I do too. Jerry is a buffoon.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I would change trading for Trey Lance and get our 4th round pick back.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Get rid of the Jones and the rest will take care of itself!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
A basic lack of managerial skills by Jerry Jones is a constant with this Cowboys that can't be denied. If that's not enough, Stephen Jones is just as responsible, to be sure. If another owner with good managerial knowledge were in place during the past 30 years, plenty of disappointment might've been avoided. As it stands now, new ownership is generally considered to be out of the question. Don't be surprised if many Cowboys' fans are now seriously considering switching to the Houston Texans for better long-term results in the future.

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Nearly 30 years of losing with different coaches and Quarterbacks...Only thing that's been constant is the ownership. Easy.....Ownership.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder if local Dallas radio would ever consider posing Dan Patrick’s exact question to their listeners in a call-in segment? I would pay good money to see Jerry Jones’ face after he found out what was happening, lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well, it's fairly obvious what the problem is. Even though there are a dozen threads illustrating everyone's roster suggestions. :lmao:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry needs to go.

Dak going is inevitable at some point in the near future but probably not this summer.

I don't place much blame on MM because he has to do his work whilst hampered by the other two.
Jerry doesn’t make the decisions any more. He’s handed off everything but the title to SJ. So, what has to happen is the Jones family separating from daily football operations. They need to back off, hire a real GM, and hold that guy accountable for results. The GM hires the head coach and the head coach hires his staff. Thats the sensible way to run things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.