If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

• Total voters

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The 1sts will most likely be two top 10 picks as desperate bottom feeders would be the ones to entertain this trade.

Supporting cast keeps getting better and you can continue running the same systems already implemented.

If not, why wouldn't you take the picks?

There is nobody after Prescott on the team. This draft is weak in the QB department. Lastly there are no guarantees that a young rookie QB is a QB poor draft class will be any better than Prescott and thus setting this team back further in the attempt to get to the Super Bowl. Those that always see greener pastures on the other side of the fence don't realize that sometimes what looks like greener pastures is nothing but weeds and nothing fit for grazing.

Sydla

Reaction score
If this draft had some high level QBs in it, I might.............. but this seems like a weak QB draft.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This is a dumb question. If you mean 4 years after the 4th rounder was taken then it all depends on what he became as a player. Yeah, it would be nice to get 2 1st rounders from a 4th but in order to do so, you are giving up a highly talented player. Otherwise no team is making that deal.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It doesn't matter where Dak was drafted anymore... this is his 4th year

Interesting comment from a "capologist", who one would presume understands the value of draft picks and compensation.

For example, a QB acquired by trading up to one of the top two picks of the draft had better outperform a guy taken at the end of the 4th round. Otherwise, the team that traded up wasted a lot of resources.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 1sts will most likely be two top 10 picks as desperate bottom feeders would be the ones to entertain this trade.

Supporting cast keeps getting better and you can continue running the same systems already implemented.

I think the consensus is you need to explain what the heck you are talking about. We assume you have something else in mind other than just trading an actual 4th round slot in the draft for 2 high 1st round slots in the draft.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Would you trade 2 first-round picks for 8 fourth-round picks if they all ended up being starters?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Is this another Dak thread? Would I trade Dak for two top-ten draft picks?

You got that right. There's only 1 team with multiple top 10 1st round picks and that's the raiders and I don't see them giving up 2 for Prescott when they have Carr. Second if those picks are over 2 years and the 2019 pick is say 10, in a QB poor draft, than I say no. That QB has no guarantee to be better let alone as good as Prescott.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Be honest and say what you mean.:angry:

We have a 4th rounder this year.
Is that what you mean?:D

All previous 4th have already been used.
All future 4ths are worth less a current 4th.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Interesting comment from a "capologist", who one would presume understands the value of draft picks and compensation.

For example, a QB acquired by trading up to one of the top two picks of the draft had better outperform a guy taken at the end of the 4th round. Otherwise, the team that traded up wasted a lot of resources.
I don't see any of your points

Once someone is drafted it is irrelevant when they went.....it is over with forever and has no bearing on the future

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
We have not used a 1st round pick on a QB since we drafted Troy so what would it matter . Jerry likes taking obscure prospects and making them franchise QBs its part of his mission to look like a football genius and it has worked so far so I don't see him abandoning the plan
He's 1 for 3 with the jury still out on #4.

Carter, Henson, Romo.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Be honest and say what you mean.:angry:

We have a 4th rounder this year.
Is that what you mean?:D

All previous 4th have already been used.
All future 4ths are worth less a current 4th.
I thought I made it clear. I could've added that I don't expect two 1sts in a single year as not every bottom feeder has multiple firsts.

If you feel like the offense or defense won't take a nosedive due to scheme and what's being asked of either side, would you take this deal?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Would you trade a 10th round pick (129th) for Three 1st round picks?

Now, before anybody gets crazy here, I'm not suggesting that these two players are even close to the same but the bottom line is that you don't always make trades.

I mean, how do you value the QB class available this year and could you guarantee getting the guy you wanted? Consider how you have built your team. Do you have a window of 2 to 3 years to wait for the Rookie QB to develop enough to actually win a championship?

Those are the kinds of things you need to consider.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jerry Jones Would Not Do This Trade option is missing.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
You mean like during the 2019 draft an announcement is made, "Dallas trades its 2019 4th round pick for both of Oaklands 2020 1st round picks".........sure why not:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: