If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

• Total voters

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
First this is just some fans little game and has less than zero chance of ever becoming a reality. Second if you read my last commnt you would have found out that the chances of Foles being available are less than zero also.

Thanks for clearing all that up.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I said we should have done that before his rookie year ended. He was never going to repeat that performance.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I'm taking part in the Kiper invitational (tbh just making up the numbers), anybody wanting to make this offer should PM Me soonest.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm speaking about COOPER. They had enough money for COOPER. Cooper was not a "cash casualty" by any stretch of the imagination. You say you don't know so I'm trying to tell you. Cooper was on their salary cap soon as the season started. So you can't say they got rid of him because they couldn't afford his contract. In regards to Mack? I can't say. How you can't afford your best player is beyond me.

I don't think this is accurate. I mean, the Raiders are trying to save capitol in all areas. That's why the let quality OLs walk, all along their Offensive Line and they went before, either Mack or Cooper left. No, this is not just about Mack. This is a team direction the Raiders have adopted. Besides, what difference? The question here was never Cooper or Mack. The question here was Carr and this is all side track. To this point, I have not heard anything about the Raiders trading Carr or releasing him so the entire argument around that scenario is a strawman, at this point. That's the actual discussion.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
First you are still confusing money for the cap and any and all other money a team gets. This is just so simple yet you just don't get it. THE MONEY FOR THE CAP CAN ONLY BE USED FOR PAYING PLAYER'S SALARIES, PERIOD!!!!! Second, each team has to use at least 90% of it's cap each year and can only carry over 10% from one season to the next. If they don't the difference between the 10% carry over and what they actually didn't spend is subtracted from the next years cap and the leftover is then divided between the teams that did it right. That is why we see teams later in season extend a player's contract to use up anything over the 10% carry over and don't lose that amount. Again I suggest you do a lot of research because it's obvious that you know little to nothing about the cap. BTW I'll help you a little further. Per the collective bargaining agreement the players get 48.5% of the TV revenue , the owners get the balance after the actual league costs are subtracted. That is why there's a difference between what the cap is and what the team (owners) get. Do your own research!
Dude you are just making stuff up...... there is nothing to back up your nonsense

Their is no I in delusional

SSoup

Reaction score
We have not used a 1st round pick on a QB since we drafted Troy so what would it matter . Jerry likes taking obscure prospects and making them franchise QBs its part of his mission to look like a football genius and it has worked so far so I don't see him abandoning the plan
He's not opposed to using a 1st rounder on a QB, though. He had to be talked down from Manziel and Paxton Lynch.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dude you are just making stuff up...... there is nothing to back up your nonsense

Their is no I in delusional

I've given you simple hints where you can do your own research and actually learn something about the NFL revenues but if you are either to lazy to do your own research or want to continue to believe in your guess work ideas go ahead. I don't care one way or the other.

Oh BTW you also need some spelling lessons. delusIonal.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I've given you simple hints where you can do your own research and actually learn something about the NFL revenues but if you are either to lazy to do your own research or want to continue to believe in your guess work ideas go ahead. I don't care one way or the other.

Oh BTW you also need some spelling lessons. delusIonal.
Like arguing with a jar of Peanut Butter

Billy-Madison-1.gif

Hadenough

Reaction score
If I knew I could get Tua or Trevor Lawrence, sure would
I wouldnt hesitate! I would take either one of those guys but Lawrence is the preferred because of his size. I think he is really going to be special. But the way the Patriots are building up draft capitol it wouldnt surprise me if they dont trade up and take Lawrence when he comes out.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I suggest you do A LOT of research. Just like many companies have several accounts that are used for different things so do NFL teams. The money each NFL teams get from the league as their share also know as the cap is put into it's own account and can ONLY be used to pay player's salaries. If a team uses cap money for ANYTHING other than player's salaries the NFL would be all over that and the NFLPA would be taking that team to court. We all know the NFLPA isn't afraid of any team or the NFL and has taken both to court in the past. These accounts are in book keeping that are reviewed by the league every year. The team don't lump every dollar that comes in into a single account. All payments may come out of the same checking account but that's not the same as having just a single account in the books. The cap money is untouchable for anything but palyer's salaries. The money used for general costs comes from the live gates, both home and away games. That's the teams money to use for whatever they want to or need to spend.
Interesting! I thought the NFL teams all share their revenues.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Interesting! I thought the NFL teams all share their revenues.

They do but there are several factors that cause each team not to receive the same exact amount each year or what every team gets. One of those factors is live gates get divided 60% for the home team and 40% for the visiting team. Take the peckers. All of their home games are sold out before training camp ever opens because all of their seats are 100% season tickets. Not every team sells out so both the home team and the visiting team don't make as much money as games that are sold out. Also every stadium have different seating capacities and prices so again this affects the amount each team receives. There is a formula that is used on how NFL properties is divided and again the owner's share also has another formula that determines how that revenue is divided among the owners so not every team (owner) gets the same amount. About 3 or 4 years ago there was a segment on this on either 20/20 or 60 min. or Night Line , I don't remember which one and after seeing that I went and did some research on this. There were a couple of PDF files that explained just about everything.