If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

If you could get two high 1st round picks for a 4th rounder would you make the trade?

• Total voters

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought I made it clear. I could've added that I don't expect two 1sts in a single year as not every bottom feeder has multiple firsts.

If you feel like the offense or defense won't take a nosedive due to scheme and what's being asked of either side, would you take this deal?
It was very clear. The answer is yes I would trade this year's 4th for two 1sts even if they were split between this year and next.

InTheZone

Reaction score
There is nobody after Prescott on the team. This draft is weak in the QB department. Lastly there are no guarantees that a young rookie QB is a QB poor draft class will be any better than Prescott and thus setting this team back further in the attempt to get to the Super Bowl. Those that always see greener pastures on the other side of the fence don't realize that sometimes what looks like greener pastures is nothing but weeds and nothing fit for grazing.
Would you trade a 10th round pick (129th) for Three 1st round picks?

Now, before anybody gets crazy here, I'm not suggesting that these two players are even close to the same but the bottom line is that you don't always make trades.

I mean, how do you value the QB class available this year and could you guarantee getting the guy you wanted? Consider how you have built your team. Do you have a window of 2 to 3 years to wait for the Rookie QB to develop enough to actually win a championship?

Those are the kinds of things you need to consider.
I wasn't considering a QB in the first round of this year. I simply considered what is being asked of the team in both sides with the support/pieces we have and am asking whether you would bolster it with 2 possibly top 10 picks.

blumayne38

Reaction score
There is nobody after Prescott on the team. This draft is weak in the QB department. Lastly there are no guarantees that a young rookie QB is a QB poor draft class will be any better than Prescott and thus setting this team back further in the attempt to get to the Super Bowl. Those that always see greener pastures on the other side of the fence don't realize that sometimes what looks like greener pastures is nothing but weeds and nothing fit for grazing.
Sadly I’m sure there are better QBs as weak as this draft class is. Even in daks 4th pro season starting

InTheZone

Reaction score
Would you trade a 10th round pick (129th) for Three 1st round picks?

Now, before anybody gets crazy here, I'm not suggesting that these two players are even close to the same but the bottom line is that you don't always make trades.

I mean, how do you value the QB class available this year and could you guarantee getting the guy you wanted? Consider how you have built your team. Do you have a window of 2 to 3 years to wait for the Rookie QB to develop enough to actually win a championship?

Those are the kinds of things you need to consider.
If the 10th round pick had only been here a few years and wasn't a key playmaker on this team and was about to break the bank and I felt we wouldn't take a hit too hard at the position, hell yes. I've considered multiple things before suggesting this.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
can't figure out if this is a prop up or tear down thread. Why would a team give up 2 1sts for what many consider a backup QB or is the OP saying QB has some talent. Why wouldn't a bottom feeder use their own draft pick and draft a QB?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought I made it clear. I could've added that I don't expect two 1sts in a single year as not every bottom feeder has multiple firsts.

If you feel like the offense or defense won't take a nosedive due to scheme and what's being asked of either side, would you take this deal?
The question you asked was: would you trade a 4th round draft pick for two first-round draft picks. Since that's a dumb question, people are assuming you actually meant to ask, would you trade Dak (a former 4th-rounder) for two first-round draft picks. It's also a silly question, since nobody would trade two first-rounders for Dak, especially given he has only one year left on his rookie contract. But if someone were drunk enough to make that offer, yes, I would trade Dak for two high first-rounders.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
If this draft had some high level QBs in it, I might.............. but this seems like a weak QB draft.
They said the same about 2016 and 2017.

Yet those draft class were actually the strongest since 2004.

DFWJC

Reaction score

If you meant Dak, why didn't you just say that?

He is Dak and not a current 4th rounder. Where he was drafted several years ago is totally irrelevant.

Just like Blake Bortles is not a current 1st rounder nor is Tom Brady a current 6th rounder.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
The 1sts will most likely be two top 10 picks as desperate bottom feeders would be the ones to entertain this trade.

Supporting cast keeps getting better and you can continue running the same systems already implemented.

If not, why wouldn't you take the picks?
Yes, I would trade Charles Tapper for two top ten picks. Thank you and good bye.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I wasn't considering a QB in the first round of this year. I simply considered what is being asked of the team in both sides with the support/pieces we have and am asking whether you would bolster it with 2 possibly top 10 picks.

And I'm answering you. The picture you paint is incomplete. There is not enough info here for me to evaluate properly.

InTheZone

Reaction score
can't figure out if this is a prop up or tear down thread. Why would a team give up 2 1sts for what many consider a backup QB or is the OP saying QB has some talent. Why wouldn't a bottom feeder use their own draft pick and draft a QB?
As others have said there's the unknown in the draft. Some believe Dak is the answer so I'm sure there's teams that believe the same. If they truly feel that way and are always big time losers in need of a QB there's a possibility they would give up those picks for said player. The flash and potential is there, It should be very enticing for teams to entertain this offer.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As others have said there's the unknown in the draft. Some believe Dak is the answer so I'm sure there's teams that believe the same. If they truly feel that way and are always big time losers in need of a QB there's a possibility they would give up those picks for said player. The flash and potential is there, It should be very enticing for teams to entertain this offer.
Not even a team run by complete idiots would find such a trade "enticing."

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Because then the OP couldn't think he would trick everybody into admitting they would get rid of Prescott. He's so coniving he fooled himself.