If you had it to do all over with Romo and Dak in 2016

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo had a history of getting hurt repeatedly which made it more likely to happen to him.
The problem with your idea is that ROmo...NEVER had a chance to fully heal. He either just kept playing hurt...which gets you MORE hurt...or cam back too soon.

Dak was a backup pQB that FINALLY...allowed TOny the time to FULLY HEAL. Tony's last drive SHOULD have been a time for us to say ...dayum! Guy still got game.

But no....we better not mess with superstition. Like any good successful business would do.

"Successful" is the key word.

You guys HATE every decision Jerry and Stephen ever made EVER...but this one....was spot on? Come on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is another one people won't watch...they just hate him. We should appreciate and REVEL in these highlights but people just refuse to do it. Hate.

CWR

Reaction score
Well it's 2022 and we still haven't made it past the divisional round. So clearly, I'll pick the other option. At the time it was the right decision. Unlike some here I don't put all our losses on the qb. We are were we are and it feels like the worst possible place. The Jones boys are content to simply put a competitive product on the field, without ever actually committing to get over the hump. That is much more about the FO than the QB. We could've gone all in and made a run next year, but they don't have the cojones.

nobody

Reaction score
Lol you forgot Momentum. . . then you would have all the talking points

The ones all you Dak Kool Aid Drinkers needed to justifythe idiotic decision of not putting Romo back in.

You figured the Downside was maybe not going deep in the playoffs of 2016. . . but the Upside was a Future Great Dak

Fools will believe anything

Apparently you missed the hundred or so posts these past months of me lambasting Dak. That's okay. I'll chalk it up to you just not seeing them rather than being a complete jerk and speaking only to support your own narrative.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Romo had a history of getting hurt repeatedly which made it more likely to happen to him.

So?

I've never understood this, "save him from himself," nonsense. Not even in 2016 when fans thought Dak was going to be the greatest QB in the history of the NFL.

Put him in, he gets hurt, Dak goes back in. Where's the problem?

DFWJC

Reaction score
They gravitated to their starting QB. If Romo was given the starting job back the players would've gravitated to him.
Late in the year the comments coming out of practice were that Romo was in full 2014 Jedi-mode.

Instead, all he got was one drive vs Philly, then sat back down.
Team getting shut out all game, walk-in, effortlessly drive them to the length of the field for win, then sit back down.
:laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So?

I've never understood this, "save him from himself," nonsense. Not even in 2016 when fans thought Dak was going to be the greatest QB in the history of the NFL.

Put him in, he gets hurt, Dak goes back in. Where's the problem?
Superstition. Can;t put a hex on Dak by putting the starter back in.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Late in the year the comments coming out of practice were that Romo was in full 2014 Jedi-mode.

Team getting shut out all game, walk-in, effortlessly drive them to the length of the field for win, then sit back down.
BAFFLING!

"superstition"

Makes me wonder why they even put him back in. To HOPE he failed or got hurt again and say "see?".

Surgical precision and they still sit bench him. What the....

Oh well all done and in the past now. Dak is our latest and great hope. 6 years later we still have nothing but hope, Good job on that call! It was PERFECT!

Haimerej

Reaction score

He was killing the defense in practice with that basketball player from Baylor. Our gullible fans thought dude was going to be the next Witten. Not sure how many times I saw fans whine about Rico not getting a shot afterward.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Romo was not going to beat Rodgers with our defense. Let it go. The same problem we had in 2014 with the Dez catch game. We would have never stopped Rodgers.

That D was terrible, they could not and wouldn’t have stopped Mr. State Farm on one leg, all they would have needed was a FG and had not stopped him the whole game. That D could not have stopped a Offense of 11 80 year old grandmas from driving down field.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You are repeating yourself to emphasize something already understood. It does not change my opinion.
You are repeating yourself to emphasize something already understood. It does not change my opinion.

I'm not here to change opinions, just to provide opinions I think have more weight behind them than others. I don't need a public declaration admission from the opposition either, I just need the them "to know." And to know that I know. Lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not here to change opinions, just to provide opinions I think have more weight behind them than others. I don't need a public declaration admission from the opposition either, I just need the them "to know." And to know that I know. Lol.
lol @ "opinions with more weight."

khiladi

Reaction score
Moore only scenario:

No thats not it at all. . . we are saying stay with the Rookie even though Theres a 0% chance of him winning a championship because thats all you got

Actual scenario based in reality:

Bench the rookie . . . Duh!!!!!

I disagree.. if rookie Justin Herbert was our QB on that team, we definitely making a run at the SB..

We simply aren’t winning with Dak, rookie or veteran, because he’s just an average QB and I say that, because the talent around him has made him look better than other average QBs in the league.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I disagree.. if rookie Justin Herbert was our QB on that team, we definitely making a run at the SB..

We simply aren’t winning with Dak, rookie or veteran, because he’s just an average QB and I say that, because the talent around him has made him look better than other average QBs in the league.
True

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
For4 the Romo haters that won't watch:

I truly believe at the peak of his career he was a better QB than Aikman. He just didn't have the No. 1 defense to go with one of the top offenses in the league, even with Garrett handicapping it.