If You Had One "Super Power", What Would It Be?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I’d say the ability to control minds would be the most beneficial to you, and whatever your cause was, good or bad. Around the right people, you could start nuclear wars for goodness’ sake. Or end conflicts. Convince world leaders to step down. Convince every team besides Dallas to tank every game.

But, it would be disingenuous. Yeah, I’d love to control minds and convince Natalie Dormer to spend the week with me on the beach in Bora Bora. But when you know it’s all coming from you... what’s the point? Hence the existential crisis, unless you were using your powers solely for the well-being of humanity.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’d say the ability to control minds would be the most beneficial to you, and whatever your cause was, good or bad. Around the right people, you could start nuclear wars for goodness’ sake. Or end conflicts. Convince world leaders to step down. Convince every team besides Dallas to tank every game.

But, it would be disingenuous. Yeah, I’d love to control minds and convince Natalie Dormer to spend the week with me on the beach in Bora Bora. But when you know it’s all coming from you... what’s the point? Hence the existential crisis, unless you were using your powers solely for the well-being of humanity.
But what if you simply impressed Natalie Bormer by creating world peace?

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Invisibility, I’ll be that fly on the wall and get to the bottom of every secret. Oh, it would come in handy in other areas as well :D

My exact sentiments as well.....I cant stand secrets, especially at work when the higher ups have a meeting. Although I can usually coax the info out of a supervisor or two pretty easily lol.....

If I had to choose right this very second though, itd probably be to feel no pain, cause Ive had a toothache from hell this weekend......

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Reality manipulation. Examples of it are Mister Mxyzptlk or Q or Thanos' reality infinity gem:

TIswFmQ.gif

I know I would never be bored again if I could manipulate reality with just a thought or snap.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
My exact sentiments as well.....I cant stand secrets, especially at work when the higher ups have a meeting. Although I can usually coax the info out of a supervisor or two pretty easily lol.....

If I had to choose right this very second though, itd probably be to feel no pain, cause Ive had a toothache from hell this weekend......

Man, I feel for ya!! I feel like I can tolerate a decent amount of pain but a toothache will drop me to my knees. Hope it gets better for you!

jsb357

Reaction score
Not a "super power" per se I would however like to be the fastest man on the planet.

And by fast I mean like the ability to run a 7 second 100 yard dash.

Even as I approach 60.

I could travel the world putting on exhibitions, etc and make enough money to add some "comfort" to
my upcoming retirement.

That would be great.

I'm thinking 24 months of total, approx 18 months of worldwide fame and riches
then a slow jog into retirement.

If not that then ability to "heal by touch". But that's asking too much.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not a "super power" per se I would however like to be the fastest man on the planet.

And by fast I mean like the ability to run a 7 second 100 yard dash.

Even as I approach 60.

I could travel the world putting on exhibitions, etc and make enough money to add some "comfort" to
my upcoming retirement.

That would be great.

I'm thinking 24 months of total, approx 18 months of worldwide fame and riches
then a slow jog into retirement.

If not that then ability to "heal by touch". But that's asking too much.
If you get your fastest man wish, better make sure to add "healing like a 20 year old" to the package. Lol

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I always thought about somebody, like The Flash, not so much as being fast as much as they harness the ability to slow down time. I imagine if you could fly at bullet speeds in real time, it would make it tough to traverse through the world. However, if you could just slow down time around you, then you could safely make your way through the world without injury or accident and still make your destination in record time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I always thought about somebody, like The Flash, not so much as being fast as much as they harness the ability to slow down time. I imagine if you could fly at bullet speeds in real time, it would make it tough to traverse through the world. However, if you could just slow down time around you, then you could safely make your way through the world without injury or accident and still make your destination in record time.
I think the best representation of a super fast being was a show in the 80's (I think) called Automan. It wasn't a particularly good show, but IIRC, he and his car were made of light. Probably created on a computer or something, I don't remember it very well because, like I said, it wasn't a good show. But being made of light, he wasn't subject to the same laws of physics that someone with mass would be.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ability to access all superpowers but only one at a time. Have to have rules,,,,since I've already cheated and taken them all. Hahahahahahahahahaha. That's insane laughter, not a superpower, just one of my own powers.

If I was only granted one, the ability to see through solid walls and be known as Staring Eyes. Mild mannered bellhop at a posh South Beach hotel by day and mild mannered bellhop with X Ray vision at a posh South Beach hotel by night. Might have to add late afternoons too. And maybe mornings.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Flash (in comics) has a fictional physical and associative ability that negates injury. First, he employs a suit that manages heat friction build-up. Second, The Flash has the ability to manipulate his body's molecules--allowing him to 'phase' through physical objects.

Case in point: Overall, Justice League was a disappointment for me but it did highlight Barry's phasing ability during the awaking of Kal-El from his death like coma. Barry left his feet long enough to electrify the Mother Box, which jumpstarted Clark's body metabolism. He was traveling too fast to not avoid colliding with the Kryptonian birthing chamber wall, so he phased his body through the wall.

It is one of the reasons why my super power preference is The Flash's super speed over Quicksilver's. The former has fictionally explainable safeguards for offsetting injury than simple fantastical velocity.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ability to access all superpowers but only one at a time. Have to have rules,,,,since I've already cheated and taken them all. Hahahahahahahahahaha. That's insane laughter, not a superpower, just one of my own powers.

If I was only granted one, the ability to see through solid walls and be known as Staring Eyes. Mild mannered bellhop at a posh South Beach hotel by day and mild mannered bellhop with X Ray vision at a posh South Beach hotel by night. Might have to add late afternoons too. And maybe mornings.
lol. The my inner comic book nerd immediately thought of Ultra Boy of the Legion of Super-Heroes from your description:

490183-ultra_boy1.png

Ultra Boy was a good character from a comic book title that sometimes wavered in quality storylines back when I was still collecting them. Very dependable and loyal, almost to a fault.