If you had to bet your house, which team missed playoff will make the SB

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You do realize that Garoppolo was tied for 5th in the NFL in TD passes?
And 8th in QB rating while throwing for about 4000 yards.
He wasn't hiding anywhere.

All after missing the previous season with an ACL wreckage.

If anything, he may be better in 2020

Only QB in the NFL this year to be top 5 in completion percentage, YPA and TD's

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Agree 100%.......THIS is our year folks

I'll bet my house and everything else...we'll fall short of the Super Bowl again.

THIS is why Jerry keeps doing things "his way". All he has to do is make a superficial change once in awhile to suck the fan base in again.

I'm done with it. I'll believe it when I see it. I have NO CONFIDENCE that Jerry and his idiot son (who no one else would hire) are ever going to get it done.

Let's see them prove me wrong. :popcorn:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You do realize that Garoppolo was tied for 5th in the NFL in TD passes?
And 8th in QB rating while throwing for about 4000 yards.
He wasn't hiding anywhere.

All after missing the previous season with an ACL wreckage.

If anything, he may be better in 2020
You can rack up TDs when your defense is getting turnovers and short fields.

Flamma

Reaction score
The Rams ????????? :huh:

You could respond that way in regards to any team that didn't make the playoffs. Any team that didn't make the playoffs is a reach. But if I had to bet my house on it, I'd pick the team that was in the SB last year and still has a fairly good roster. I'd pick them over the Cowboys.

Flamma

Reaction score
Going from not making the playoffs to going to the Super Bowl is not a likely prospect that I would bet on to happen but if some sinister situation arose where I had to bet on one team for that to happen, it would be the Cowboys. There is certainly not a list of teams that qualify.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it's actually not that unlikely. Starting in 1975 there were 23 Super Bowls that had at least one team that didn't make the playoffs the previous year. 23 out of 45 Super bowls. So it's basically 50/50. What's really rare is both teams, which only happened 4 times in that time period. Even still, only 27 teams out of the 90 didn't make the playoffs the previous year. 1/3 of the teams but half the super bowls. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on it, but it's actually not that unlikely. Starting in 1975 there were 23 Super Bowls that had at least one team that didn't make the playoffs the previous year. 23 out of 45 Super bowls. So it's basically 50/50. What's really rare is both teams, which only happened 4 times in that time period. Even still, only 27 teams out of the 90 didn't make the playoffs the previous year. 1/3 of the teams but half the super bowls. I guess it depends on how you look at it.
If you wouldn't bet on it then why are you making a case to the contrary?

Flamma

Reaction score
If you wouldn't bet on it then why are you making a case to the contrary?

Because it's a 50/50 chance that a team that didn't make the playoffs this year will be in the SB next year. 50/50 is not something I'd bet on. But it's also not unlikely either. You can even go back to Super Bowl V, the first real SB after the league's merged and you'd see a similar pattern.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Thats a very tough choice! It wouldnt be the Cowboys though. I would probably say the Rams.
Football odds makers every year have Dallas ranked way too high to win a SB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because it's a 50/50 chance that a team that didn't make the playoffs this year will be in the SB next year. 50/50 is not something I'd bet on. But it's also not unlikely either. You can even go back to Super Bowl V, the first real SB after the league's merged and you'd see a similar pattern.
Your math is inaccurate. 54 Super Bowls 108 teams. If it were 50/50 that would mean 54 of those teams didn't make the playoffs the year before they did, but that occurrence is far less than that.

Flamma

Reaction score
Your math is inaccurate. 54 Super Bowls 108 teams. If it were 50/50 that would mean 54 of those teams didn't make the playoffs the year before they did, but that occurrence is far less than that.

I started in 1975, that's 45 Super Bowls. I never stated that 50% of the teams didn't make the playoffs the previous year. I said that in 23 of those Super Bowls at least one team didn't make the playoffs the previous year. That's roughly 50% of Super Bowls. This thread was about what team that didn't make the playoffs last year might be in the SB next year. You seem to think it's unlikely to begin with. It's a 50/50 shot.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well I ain't laying the homestead on the line with Jerry's kids....promise you that one lol.

Rams is probably the safest bet. I think Oakland will make some strides also.
Ya,, Im not looking to be homeless.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If Jerry pulled off one thing...its that somehow the words "Super Bowl" and the Dallas Cowboys are somehow synonymous each offseason lately.

Most of you here know it, but this team, with that atrocious defense.....is quite far away from playing late into January. Sorry folks.

Heres to hoping it gets fixed...but it would be close to a miracle to get it right in one offseason.
Exactly,, shall we evaluate defensive needs..

DTs
S
CB
LB

Lets get all that done in one off season, I don't care what staff you just put in place,, good luck with that.
Everybody wants to focus on the Dak situation is probably because they cant stomach the bigger issue.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I'll go with Cleveland, all those experts touting them as the next big thing, this time last year, can't be wrong.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Exactly,, shall we evaluate defensive needs..

DTs
S
CB
LB

Lets get all that done in one off season, I don't care what staff you just put in place,, good luck with that.
Everybody wants to focus on the Dak situation is probably because they cant stomach the bigger issue.
Well the good news is that, other than those four spots, along with DE, they are in great shape.

Super Bowl!!! Right Jerry?!?!

You go Jaylon! Rack up another tackle stat eight yards beyond the line of scrimmage! Soon they will be comparing you to Luke Kuechly!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I started in 1975, that's 45 Super Bowls. I never stated that 50% of the teams didn't make the playoffs the previous year. I said that in 23 of those Super Bowls at least one team didn't make the playoffs the previous year. That's roughly 50% of Super Bowls. This thread was about what team that didn't make the playoffs last year might be in the SB next year. You seem to think it's unlikely to begin with. It's a 50/50 shot.
Why discount the other 9 Super Bowls? Is it counter productive to your narrative? If you are going to count 45 Super Bowls, you may as well count the other 9 Super Bowls. Your math is inaccurate none the less. You are being disingenuous when you say it is a 50/50 shot. 50/50 means the odds are even which also means out of the 108 teams that have made the Super Bowl, half (54) would have to have not made the playoffs the season before they played in the Super Bowl but the facts show this is not the case by a long shot.

DFWJC

Reaction score
50-50?
I highly doubt that

Are you saying over the last 50 years, 25 of them had a team in the SB that wasn't even in the playoffs the year before?
No way.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why discount the other 9 Super Bowls? Is it counter productive to your narrative? If you are going to count 45 Super Bowls, you may as well count the other 9 Super Bowls. Your math is inaccurate none the less. You are being disingenuous when you say it is a 50/50 shot. 50/50 means the odds are even which also means out of the 108 teams that have made the Super Bowl, half (54) would have to have not made the playoffs the season before they played in the Super Bowl but the facts show this is not the case by a long shot.

LOL because that was when I decided to stop. I didn't believe going back further was needed. But if you like, I can. It wouldn't take long. Do you want the 4 AFL VS NFL games, or not?

50-50?
I highly doubt that

Are you saying over the last 50 years, 25 of them had a team in the SB that wasn't even in the playoffs the year before?
No way.

No. I am saying over the last 45 years, 23 of them had a team that didn't make the playoffs the year prior.