If you have Dak below the Top 7, I can't take you seriously

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Playing a character is just what I said. You act different here than you would in real life. You don't know me, so you'd never come up to me and speak to me the way you do on here (I know, you'll say you would, but let's be real, you wouldn't). Hence, you're playing a character.

Again with the corner thing, you're arguments are never good enough or well thought out enough to corner anyone. I just chose not to get into it with you because it doesn't go anywhere. I'd be happy t o get into it with someone else, but you're impossible to do this with because you're blinded and just keep going on and on and on because you can't see the other side of anything.

I don't care to be wrong at all. I was wrong about Dak in Week 1 and I was wrong about the defense and o-line in Week 2. I'm happy to be proven wrong by things.
how do you know I act differently in real life? that's your assumption. perhaps you are acting differently than real life and think everybody else does the same....and you claim I don't know you, but with the same sentence you act as if you know me...

I speak exactly this way, act exactly this way with my friends...debate exactly the same way and they are texan fans and I have lots of friends who are Redsskins fans and a few who are giant and eagles fans. my best friend is a patriots fan and we have shared lots of beer and lively debates.

when you are cornered. it bothers you. it makes you seem weak and you hate that. you hate to be wrong. maybe this board gives you an outlet of being right given you perhaps are wrong a lot in real life. who knows given you threw a tantrum over a simple question...and now after what 10 posts....you say I am wrong...because I mentioned 3 posts before, leaders aren't afraid to be wrong and you want to be percieved as one? I don't know...perhaps you can tell me which character you are playing...(hope I am using it in the right context).

btw, I see both sides, all sides much clearer than you do. I don't have a biased pair of glasses and don't come with an agenda...I was one of Dak's loudest critics in the past. I actually advocated for delaying giving him a contract after his 3rd year....so your comments don't stick...again seems like you think a certain way and assume everyone must be the same

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
how do you know I act differently in real life? that's your assumption. perhaps you are acting differently than real life and think everybody else does the same....and you claim I don't know you, but with the same sentence you act as if you know me...

I speak exactly this way, act exactly this way with my friends...debate exactly the same way and they are texan fans and I have lots of friends who are Football Team and a few who are giant and eagles fans. my best friend is a patriots fan and we have shared lots of beer and lively debates.

you are cornered. it bothers you. it makes you seem weak and you hate that. you hate to be wrong. maybe this board gives you an outlet of being right given you perhaps are wrong a lot in real life. who knows given you threw a tantrum over a simple question...and now after what 10 posts....you say I am wrong...because I mentioned 3 posts before, leaders aren't afraid to be wrong.

btw, I see both sides, all sides much clearer than you do. I don't have a biased pair of glasses and don't come with an agenda...I was one of Dak's loudest critics in the past. I actually advocated for delaying giving him a contract after his 3rd year....so your comments don't stick...again seems like you think a certain way and assume everyone must be the same
Listen, I'm not gonna do this with you. This has went on long enough.

I'm on to the Eagles.

khiladi

Reaction score
did you read the book I suggested? do you want me to buy it for you?

they played zone why? can you think of why?

its because they were worried about Dak and the cowboys passing attack, so they played a lot of cover 3 and cover 2 and dropped LBs into coverage and passing lanes....that's why we had success running, not because we over powered them up front, it was because they gave up the run to protect against the pass. Dak despite that completed 85% of his passes. so playing those type of defenses is often because the defense fears what you do and they want to protect themselves against giving up the big play.

I know a lot of this went over your head, but let me know if you want me to break it down to simpler concepts...

This take is completely wrong, because:

1. Staley pretty much plays exclusively zone as a defensive philosophy. That’s why Dak was shut out in 2018 against the Colts and he continued to struggle and couldn’t find Amari against Tampa Bay either.

2. It also attests to my point, which is no team really fears Dak, because they play man so much. If they really feared Dak all this time, they wouldn’t consistently and stubbornly go man all the time. All you guys do is bash Zeke, even when he doesn’t put up a big game, but it’s still making it easy for our average QB. It’s the weapons that surround Dak that teams fear. Nobody is crying about Dak. Thank you for proving my point

3. And completion percentage is meaningless here, because like I’ve said, Dak becomes risk-averse against zones, which is why he takes the underneath and he doesn’t throw TDs. The data supports this through his whole career. As soon as teams start playing heavy zone, Amari disappears, most likely because of our paper Tiger QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This take is completely wrong, because:

1. Staley pretty much plays exclusively zone.

2. It also attests to my point, which is no team really fears Dak, because they play man so much. Thank you for proving my point. If they really feared Dak all this time, they wouldn’t consistently and stubbornly go man all the time. All you guys do is bash Zeke, even when he doesn’t put up a big game, but it’s still making it easy for our average QB.

3. And conpletion percentage is meaningless here, because like I’ve said, Dak becomes risk-averse against zones, which is why he takes the underneath and he doesn’t throw TDs.
you don't really understand football do you?

sorry. can't help you.....

you have an agenda to drive. you play fantasy football. you throw football terms around that you have no idea what they mean..

I need you to argue with my 12 year old son. he has about same level of understanding and you guys would have fun...

khiladi

Reaction score
you don't really understand football do you?

sorry. can't help you.....

you have an agenda to drive. you play fantasy football. you throw football terms around that you have no idea what they mean..

I need you to argue with my 12 year old son. he has about same level of understanding and you guys would have fun...

I don’t need your help. Staley is known for showing two deep high safeties, including with the Rams.

If Dak didn’t have one of the most dominant OL and rushing games in the league, including a RB that can pick up any extra blitzed, it would expose Dak to pre Amari Cooper, Zeke suspension days. Dak isn’t carrying Jack squat.

Dak has traditionally sucked against zones and hos mediocrity showed again last night, with a loaded roster and plenty of time to get the ball off.

On the other hand, Dallas was playing two deep safety high plenty against Herbert, and SD barely ran and Herbert was challenging the zone all day long.

Dak isn’t on any planet, anywhere near the talent Herbert is. That’s laughable.

From this two high shell, Staley implemented a scheme interchanging Cover 4 and the hybrid Cover 6, which the Rams used more than any other team in NFL.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2021/8/2/22605351/coverage-schemes-rams-most-likely-to-use-this-season

Last edited:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I know there was many who hoped he failed on that last drive to push their agenda as they always do on here.

This is so true and such a testament to the sad state of humanity today. It’s like wishing your spouse will die so you can collect the insurance.

:omg::facepalm:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I take it you can't read? I wrote twice that the list is not in order.
OMG....you can't even understand what you wrote...

you said you ranked these QBs ahead of Dak....and put 12 names there.Right.....you put 12 names down!!!..the question is you think Burrow is better than Dak...even at 12!!!! seriously dude...you hatred towards dak is amazing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t need your help. Staley is known for showing two deep high safeties, including with the Rams.

If Dak didn’t have one of the most dominant OL and rushing games in the league, including a RB that can pick up any extra blitzed, it would expose Dak to pre Amari Cooper, Zeke suspension days. Dak isn’t carrying Jack squat.

Dak has traditionally sucked against zones and hos mediocrity showed again last night, with a loaded roster and plenty of time to get the ball off.

On the other hand, Dallas was playing two deep safety high plenty against Herbert, and SD barely ran and Herbert was challenging the zone all day long.

Dak isn’t on any planet, anywhere near the talent Herbert is. That’s laughable.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2021/8/2/22605351/coverage-schemes-rams-most-likely-to-use-this-season
dude, cover 3, cover 2 are zone defenses...

geez...you really don't understand football, do you? I will get my 12 year old son to argue with you.... I feel like I am talking to him.

btw, herbert threw 2 Ints, another one that he got lucky and got called back and he threw an interception in the endzone...yeah...he is so good...perhaps you should put his picture up on your ceiling instead of Romo's. time for a change

DFWJC

Reaction score
This won't matter until later in the season, but over the years I've found that if you combine
  • Total TDs-Total Turnovers (so include rushing and fumbles) with
  • Passer Rating
you end up with a good measure of how good the QB is playing. By season end it always makes sense and the top guys are always the MVP candidates.

But again it usually self-corrects the more data you get.

Right now, given those two stats, the top 5--THRU TWO GAMES--are
  1. Wilson
  2. Murray
  3. Mahomes
  4. Brady
  5. Stafford

Dak is 16th
If you say, well, use that ESPN QBR. That gets him all the way up to 14th.

Not arguing if he's top 7 or not, just showing some data.

I'm sure he'll move up as the season progresses!
:flagwave:

khiladi

Reaction score
dude, cover 3, cover 2 are zone defenses...

geez...you really don't understand football, do you? I will get my 12 year old son to argue with you.... I feel like I am talking to him.

btw, herbert threw 2 Ints, another one that he got lucky and got called back and he threw an interception in the endzone...yeah...he is so good...perhaps you should put his picture up on your ceiling instead of Romo's. time for a change

You were completely wrong. Your claim was that San Diego went zone because they were “scared” of the Cowboys passing attack led by “Dak”. Staley basically runs exclusively what I said he does, which is primarily zone from deep cover 2, meaning it has little if anything to do with Dak, and pretty much what they do philosophically.

Now you are trying to claim I said cover 2 and cover 3 weren’t zone defenses. I mean seriously? What are you even on?

Facts are, teams are hardly threatened by Dak’s arm, which explains why he sees so much man coverage, despite weapons from every corner. And you basically affirmed it, by implicitly admitting teams are playing us man, but San Diego was an exception.

Facts are when he sees zone, he basically goes into his typical shell. He basically is a conservative, drive the bus QB, reliant on the fact he had a dominant OL and RG.

Herbert on the other hand, was firing rockets everywhere. If it weren’t for a “slip” by his WR, where he fired another rocket, it would have been another TD and if they didn’t call the ticky tack illegal shift, that would have been another. And that was without San Diego even running the ball.

Dak isn’t even on the same planet as Herbert.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
This won't matter until later in the season, but over the years I've found that if you combine
  • Passer Rating
you end up with a good measure of how good the QB is playing. By season end it always makes sense and the top guys are always the MVP candidates.

1. Wilson
  2. Murray
  3. Mahomes
  4. Brady
  5. Stafford

Dak is 16th

Carr is playing better by Dak by far this season. And Dak has accomplished nothing in his career to even weren’t such a high ranking. He’s set multiple records in futility when they were actually BEATING bad and average teams, such as pre-Amari trade, meaning the RG and OL blocking was clearly enough to overcome his incompetence. He was completely awful during Zeke’s 6 game suspension. In 2019, mid-season Dallas was leading the league in multiple quarters without a TD.

All he has are a bunch of meaningless statistical games in terms of yardage that didn’t bring any wins against teams of relevance and were largely to do with the fact teams play him heavy man, because they are worried about the RG.

People are saying other QBs have done nothing, so why would they warrant a higher ranking, but Dak has accomplished zilch.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You were completely wrong. Your claim was that San Diego went zone because they were “scared” of the Cowboys passing attack led by “Dak”. Staley basically runs exclusively what I said he does, which is primarily zone from deep cover 2, meaning it has little if anything to do with Dak, and pretty much what they do philosophically.

Now you are trying to claim I said cover 2 and cover 3 weren’t zone defenses. I mean seriously? What are you even on?

Facts are, teams are hardly threatened by Dak’s arm, which explains why he sees so much man coverage, despite weapons from every corner. And you basically affirmed it, by implicitly admitting teams are playing us man, but San Diego was an exception.

Facts are when he sees zone, he basically goes into his typical shell. He basically is a conservative, drive the bus QB, reliant on the fact he had a dominant OL and RG.

Herbert on the other hand, was firing rockets everywhere. If it weren’t for a “slip” by his WR, where he fired another rocket, it would have been another TD and if they didn’t call the ticky tack illegal shift, that would have been another. And that was without San Diego even running the ball.

Dak isn’t even on the same planet as Herbert.
OK, Dak sucks...now go play with your toys. see if pippy is going to play with you
I swear. never met anyone so clueless. and angry. omg...why are you so angry inside.

khiladi

Reaction score
OK, Dak sucks...now go play with your toys. see if pippy is going to play with you
I swear. never met anyone so clueless. and angry. omg...why are you so angry inside.

Why are you telling me to play with my toys, when you are the one who keeps responding to my posts out of the blue trying to defend Dak?

khiladi

Reaction score
ok...you know everything about football......Dak sucks. happy now..

shoo

So you are telling me to “shoo”, when it’s you that keeps coming up to me? I mean it’s you that is desperately trying to make me read a football book. You make no sense….

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
  • Passer Rating

1. Wilson
  2. Murray
  3. Mahomes
  4. Brady
  5. Stafford

Dak is 16th

like you said, its too early to be able to tell anything...Murray has played two defenses that were in the low 20s last year. Dak has played two top 10 defenses. Brady got to play against two of the worst defenses from last year as well.

we need a bigger sampling......

Yobwocs

Reaction score
So you are telling me to “shoo”, when it’s you that keeps coming up to me? I mean it’s you that is desperately trying to make me read a football book. You make no sense….

Yeah, you definitely are pretty annoying dude. The stuff you come up with.... like... what???? seriously man? But yes, I'll take your advice and not respond to you.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah, you definitely are pretty annoying dude. The stuff you come up with.... like... what???? seriously man? But yes, I'll take your advice and not respond to you.

So you just got to get an insult in by responding, but then say you aren’t going to respond? So you are also getting in on this same type of action?