If you have Dak below the Top 7, I can't take you seriously

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
no, they should....but out of curiosity, you said Dak didn't play good. Do you mean he played Bad? its a simple answer, which I am sure you will spin and the first you are going to do is throw out the stat 0 TD, 1 Int, 1 Fumble and sa decipher for yourself. but I want to see you give a straight forward answer...I am sure you are going to avoid as much as you can and then tell me you live in my head rent free....
I believe he played decent, but I don't believe he played good or bad. Just plain decent.

I believe if he played every week with those identical stats as Sunday we get a top 5 draft pick. We'd lose 90% of games if Dak plays like that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak did what he needed to do in end, but we're not in that position because of his personal play that game. We're in that position because of the guys that stepped up and did their jobs very effectively when Dak wasn't at his best.
Dak wasn't at his best. I never argued that. he was good. not great. he was very good when it counted most. he did his part. I have never said otherwise.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you are a dak hater before you are a cowboys fan. always and forever.

that explains your bitterness about our win this week.
I'm a Dak fan. I'm just not blind like yourself and a few others.

You guys could never be leaders of men in a sports type of environment, because you can't get out of your feels long enough to properly evaluate players after both wins and loses.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

You guys could never be leaders of men in a sports type of environment, because you can't get out of your feels long enough to properly evaluate players after both wins and loses.
I have him ranked at #4

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So, players performance shouldn't be evaluated after wins? I hope the coaches don't have that mentality.

Evaluate away.. but evaluate in total.
1) Did we win? check..
2) Did he complete a high percentage? check.. 88%
3) Did he commit a bunch of turnovers.. nope .. he had one, but it had minimal impact..
4) Did he deliver when it was absolutely needed? check.. 5-5 on the game ending drive
5) Did he convert > 50% on 3rd downs? check.. 6 for 10
6) Did he take costly sacks that cost scoring opportunities .. nope..
7) Did he end drives with scores on at least half of the possessions ? 4 out of 7 not counting the 3 second "drive" at the end of the first half. check..
8) Did he check out of bad plays to keep negative plays to a minimum? check..

Dak made one mistake all day.. which was the interception. The rest of the day he was virtually flawless. My guess is the coaches graded him in the upper 90s this week.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Man, you don't know football....lol. That is his comeback.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
1) Did we win? check..
3) Did he commit a bunch of turnovers.. nope .. he had one, but it had minimal impact..
4) Did he deliver when it was absolutely needed? check.. 5-5 on the game ending drive
7) Did he end drives with scores on at least half of the possessions ? 4 out of 7 not counting the 3 second "drive" at the end of the first half. check..

Dak made one mistake all day.. which was the interception. The rest of the day he was virtually flawless. My guess is the coaches graded him in the upper 90s this week.
You're probably right about the coaches grade. That's why they'll all be fired in a couple years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I believe he played decent, but I don't believe he played good or bad. Just plain decent.

I believe if he played every week with those identical stats as Sunday we get a top 5 draft pick. We'd lose 90% of games if Dak plays like that.
any QB would lose 90% of their games if they had IDENTICAL stats of 0 TDs and 1 interception every week. in the season that would end up 0TDs and 16 Interceptions....if Brady did that every week, they would lose 90% of the time. if wilson did that they would lose 90% of the time...and so on..

not sure what point you were trying to make with that given the statement applies to any QB with those stats.

it seems very passive aggressive, something you are pretty good at.

phildadon86

Reaction score
1) Did we win? check..

He actually did take a sack that costed us points. Just a heads up.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
any QB would lose 90% of their games if they had IDENTICAL stats of 0 TDs and 1 interception every week. in the season that would end up 0TDs and 16 Interceptions....if Brady did that every week, they would lose 90% of the time. if wilson did that they would lose 90% of the time...and so on..

not sure what point you were trying to make with that given the statement applies to any QB with those stats.

it seems very passive aggressive, something you are pretty good at.
Okay, I don't care about them. I care about the Cowboys, which mean I care about Dak and how he plays much more than I care about how other QBs play.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I believe you'd be wrong if those stats come with 88% completion rate, 60% 3rd down conversion rate and scoring on 60% of drives.. This is the classic nonsense you people come with. You guys act as if the ONLY thing a QB can do to help his team win is throw.. Yet when Dak does throw for monster numbers you tie yourselves in knots proclaiming the numbers don't matter, just winning. Now we get a win and it's the numbers that matter winning be damned.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Okay, I don't care about them. I care about the Cowboys, which mean I care about Dak and how he plays much more than I care about how other QBs play.
you care about cowboys! that's new :rolleyes:

if Dak threw 4 TD and 1 interception each week, we will win 90% of our game... that's my prediction......

wow, I am almost as smart as you are. :D

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I believe you'd be wrong if those stats come with 88% completion rate, 60% 3rd down conversion rate and scoring on 60% of drives.. This is the classic nonsense you people come with. You guys act as if the ONLY thing a QB can do to help his team win is throw.. Yet when Dak does throw for monster numbers you tie yourselves in knots proclaiming the numbers don't matter, just winning. Now we get a win and it's the numbers that matter winning be damned.
oh, don't call them out like that...not right.....now we going to see a bunch of tantrums

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He actually did take a sack that costed us points. Just a heads up.

Ah the one at the 32 yard line on 3rd and 9? Yeah I guess you could call that one.. but it was going to be a 50 yard FG if he threw that ball away. Despite what happened at the end of the game that's hardly automatic. But I will grant that one. But it still only one..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

and I can say the same thing about you....you are a Dak basher, blinded like pippy and khilidi and couple of others.

and you guys can never be leaders of men in sports type environment, because you can't get out your anger and agenda long enough to properly evalate players after both wins and losses.

that knife cuts both ways....point a finger and three point right back at you...and I pointed all 5 finger at you ;)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I like you because you're well spoken and clearly knowledgeable about the game of football, but you're head is just in the clouds sometimes when it comes to Cowboys players.

I knew this a few weeks ago when someone made a thread asking "if you could have any QB of all time to start a franchise with who would you take?". You said Roger Staubach. I knew right then that you have a blind spot for Cowboys and it would be hard for you to give unbiased opinions on things. Because absolutely nobody outside of very biased Cowboys fans would chose Roger #1 in an all time QB draft.