If you have Dak below the Top 7, I can't take you seriously

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No when he hands off for 2 rushing TDs.

Exactly.. it's about winning the damn game. Stats be damned. Yes we want all our guys to have great games every week but reality states that aint gonna happen. Dak executed the game plan which he was presented to near perfection. I have no interest in complaining about a win..

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ah the one at the 32 yard line on 3rd and 9? Yeah I guess you could call that one.. but it was going to be a 50 yard FG if he threw that ball away. Despite what happened at the end of the game that's hardly automatic. But I will grant that one. But it still only one..
Oh no I agree. I am just saying. It did happen lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
and I can say the same thing about you....you are a Dak basher, blinded like pippy and khilidi and couple of others.

and you guys can never be leaders of men in sports type environment, because you can't get out your anger and agenda long enough to properly evalate players after both wins and losses.

that knife cuts both ways....point a finger and three point right back at you...and I pointed all 5 finger at you ;)
Weak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He actually did take a sack that costed us points. Just a heads up.
that whole series I was screaming at Moore. we had the momentum. running normal NFL plays. we were running, passing successfully and they couldn't stop us. then Moore decided to run a stupid college gimmiky formation. that killed the whole momentum. then the next play he called 4 players on mid to deep routes, when SD was rushing 6 against 6 man protection. we should have been able to pick it up. Steele got beat easily......however, the area behind LOS was wide open as the safties were playing deep.... but all WRs had their backs to the line....that was a bad route combination. he could have sent one of them on a slant and he would have a field day running for at least 10-15 yards.....yes, Dak took a sack.. it took 2 seconds before the pocket collapsed..... it was hard to make a throw, but yes, he should have tried to perhaps throw it away. I guess he was trying to still make a play as we had single defenders on recievers.....only if moore called a slant for one of the WRs....

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I like you because you're well spoken and clearly knowledgeable about the game of football, but you're head is just in the clouds sometimes when it comes to Cowboys players.

I knew this a few weeks ago when someone made a thread asking "if you could have any QB of all time to start a franchise with who would you take?". You said Roger Staubach. I knew right then that you have a blind spot for Cowboys and it would be hard for you to give unbiased opinions on things. Because absolutely nobody outside of very biased Cowboys fans would chose Roger #1 in an all time QB draft.

First of all you're wrong.. but whatever.. I would take the guy who had his team in the NFC Championship like 6 of his 8 years as a starter and who led the NFL in passing 3 times in those 8 years and who retired as the highest rated passer of all time. You wanna genuflect for all these modern day stat heroes that's on you. What Roger did in his career stands up with just about anybody. He had a short career owing to his military service and then the concussions.. because you know.. they could hit the QB back then.. I think 26 year old Roger in today's NFL would be Mahomes or Rodgers level maybe better. You disagree fine.. doesn't make you right..

phildadon86

Reaction score
that whole series I was screaming at Moore. we had the momentum. running normal NFL plays. we were running, passing successfully and they couldn't stop us. then Moore decided to run a stupid college gimmiky formation. that killed the whole momentum. then the next play he called 4 players on mid to deep routes, when SD was rushing 7 against 6 man protection. the middle was wide open, but all WRs had their backs to the line....that was a bad route combination. he could have sent one of them on a slant and he would have a field day running for at least 10-15 yards.....yes, Dak took a sack. it was hard to make a throw, but yes, he should have tried to perhaps throw it away. I guess he was trying to still make a play as we had single defenders on recievers.....only if moore called a slant for one of the WRs....
Yeah moore called it. It worked once. Figured Ill try it again. ON THE SAME DRIVE. I hate when people try to outsmart the other. It reminds me of when Linehan tried to confuse GB in 2016 in the playoffs by coming out throwing. When during the season we gashed them for 200 plus yards on the ground lol. Sometimes people outsmart themselves and it always seems to be at our expense.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
First of all you're wrong.. but whatever.. I would take the guy who had his team in the NFC Championship like 6 of his 8 years as a starter and who led the NFL in passing 3 times in those 8 years and who retired as the highest rated passer of all time. You wanna genuflect for all these modern day stat mongers that's on you. What Roger did in his career stands up with just about anybody. He had a short career owing to his military service and then the concussions.. because you know.. back then they could hit the QB back then.. I think 26 year old Roger in today's NFL would be Mahomes or Rodgers level maybe better. You disagree fine.. doesn't make you right..
I'm just saying, don't draft Roger #1 in that draft, because I promise you that you'll be able to pick him up in the later rounds or as an undrafted FA if we're having an "All Time Greats Draft".

Whos you're 2nd choice if Roger isn't available? Let me guess... Aikman, right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah moore called it. It worked once. Figured Ill try it again. ON THE SAME DRIVE. I hate when people try to outsmart the other. It reminds me of when Linehan tried to confuse GB in 2016 in the playoffs by coming out throwing. When during the season we gashed them for 200 plus yards on the ground lol. Sometimes people outsmart themselves and it always seems to be at our expense.
exactly. that's been my complaint about Moore. he is good, but there are times he just tries to outsmart himself.....he has to realize this is the NFL. they see something once, they learn quick. they are highly skilled professionals including the coach across the field.....but that route combination on the sack, sucked. reminded me of linehan calling hook routes for all the WRs

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak is 15th in passer rating after 2 games. Aside from his awesome rookie year when he was a different player he is usually in the 10 to 15 range. He is a good QB. To say he somehow is top 7 is pretty optimistic. To say he is top 5 is madness.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm just saying, don't draft Roger #1 in that draft, because I promise you that you'll be able to pick him up in the later rounds or as an undrafted FA if we're having an "All Time Greats Draft".

Whos you're 2nd choice if Roger isn't available? Let me guess... Aikman, right?

My second pick would be either Montana, Mahomes or Rodgers.. Aikman probably doesn't crack my top 10 because once Emmitt got old his game fell off precipitously. I don't consider Brady or Manning because of their limitations athletically. Both need(ed) great offensive line play to do what they do. Guys like Roger, Mahomes (his performance on the bad foot in the Super Bowl notwithstanding), Montana and Rodgers and even Elway and Steve Young were able to get out of trouble and make things happen even when the play breaks down. Yet they could all throw the ball as well as it has ever been thrown. Aikman was athletic when he came into the league but the beating he took those first couple of years before the Cowboys got their ish together beat the athleticism out of him. I think he had two knee surgeries and a back surgery by year 4.. and the "athlete" was gone.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
My second pick would be either Montana, Mahomes or Rodgers.. Aikman probably doesn't crack my top 10 because once Emmitt got old his game fell off precipitously. I don't consider Brady or Manning because of their limitations athletically. Both need(ed) great offensive line play to do what they do. Guys like Roger, Mahomes (his performance on the bad foot in the Super Bowl notwithstanding), Montana and Rodgers and even Elway and Steve Young were able to get out of trouble and make things happen even when the play breaks down. Yet they could all throw the ball as well as it has ever been thrown. Aikman was athletic when he came into the league but the beating he took those first couple of years before the Cowboys got their ish together beat the athleticism out of him. I think he had two knee surgeries and a back surgery by year 4.. and the "athlete" was gone.
I'd take Dandy Don with a1st if he was available

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'd take Brady and beat you 17 out of 17 games.

I dunno .. Dandy Don had some monster games back before monster games were even a thing.. I'd give him a punchers chance in at least a third of those games.. Dude had a few 400 yard games IN THE 60's!!! I mean are you kidding me? He had 2 350 yard 5 TD games in 1966. Don't sell the man short..

Then again maybe I'll take Eli and beat YOU 17 out of 17 games.. :cool:

khiladi

Reaction score
It's embarrassing how him and a couple others are more upset this week with a win than they were last week with a loss, isn't it?

It's like they're not happy unless Dak gets his numbers or something. The actual outcome of the game doesn't matter. Because they would rather be able to brag about some stats instead. That's why they're so emotional and sensitive this week, because Dak didn't give em enough to brag about numbers wise. There's particular posters that care nothing about wins/loses.

Most of his rabid defenders, are the same ones that used to blame Romo. When Dak was completely blowing, they started leveraging the valid excuses Romo had, for their QB, when none of the excuses are applicable. I’ve been on this forum for over 15 years plus and the majority of its members were rabid defenders of Jason Garrett and his ‘play calling’, but when it comes to Dak, suddenly Garrett, who was banished from play calling completely bu Jerry in 2014, is the reason for Dak’s lack of success. I was bashing Garrett for years, among a select few, while ad nauseum, he was declared on this forum as the next Tom Landry. Romo wasn’t even allowed in game planning meetings by Garrett until he had the opportunity to force it when he got his new contract on 2013, which is what Jerry Jones meant when he said “Peyton-like” responsibilities.

I’m not going to get into how these Dak-stand are flat out making things up as the years go by, but what is clear is, when this team finally had a roster and Garrett out the way in the offense in the short SB window, we wasted it, instead of giving the one who had that right, to lead this football, to train this QB, who in year 3, literally took a week to throw a TD in training camp, and I’m not making this up. They have given every opportunity for Dak to learn and grow, including playing on ‘meaningless’ games even when they say guys like Zeke and Smith to end the season. The Dak-stabs gave bashed Jerry at every corner and guys like Zeke and Amari, as well as the defense, while Romo was bashed for guys like Garrett and Julius Jones and a bunch of journeymen OL who weren’t even considered on the map until they played with Romo.

I mean the lengths these Dak-stans go to try and mention Dak in the same category as Romo now, suddenly making Romo a victim too, just to prop up their boy Dak is a joke. Teams defender Romo with deep cover 2 constantly while Jason Garrett has zero clue how to field a RG. We were bottom of the barrel in play action and we had to go shotgun and hurry up in the second half abandoning Garrett’s game plan because of consistent 3 and outs. Our RG was revamped because we lucked into Callahan and by the time we had all-pro linemen at 3 of our 5 spots at OL, we went with Checkdown Charlie, who took three years to see he had man coverage on the outside with Amari, while teams kept an extra man in the box for Zeke constantly.

It’s a joke listening to these guys make Dak a victim for years, even leveraging what Romo went through, when the scenarios are exactly the opposite. Romo carried trash, Dak is getting carried by a an offense loaded by talent period.

Herbert was throwing bombs against cover-2 and was getting pressured all day long. One TD got called back, another the WR slipped leading to the INT. Dak couldn’t break 200 yards against zone except for a 48 yarder off a dump off to CeeDee Lamb to end the half. And Dak had the RG to consistently move the chains while SD didn’t even bother to run. SD is basically unleashing Herbert as soon as he started his career. To sit there with a straight face and say Dak is in anyway on his level is comical.

Everybody is a sacrificial lamb at the altar of Dak to the Dakstans and it’s a joke.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Carr is playing at an elite level this season and if anybody played on a dysfunctional organization, it was this man. As soon as he got a decent coach and stability, he’s 2-0 and the best player on the field by far. He’s played the top 2 and 3 defenses this season. the Dak-stans were telling us that Dak is by far better than Carr, while Dak had a far superior roster. Suddenly, they are quiet about Carr’s games, but yapping about how these two games of Dak definitely makes him elite.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Carr is playing at an elite level this season and if anybody played on a dysfunctional organization, it was this man. As soon as he got a decent coach and stability, he’s 2-0 and the best player on the field by far. He’s played the top 2 and 3 defenses this season. the Dak-stans were telling us that Dak is by far better than Carr, while Dak had a far superior roster. Suddenly, they are quiet about Carr’s games, but yapping about how these two games of Dak definitely makes him elite.
I think people are taking a wait and see approach on Carr. He has looked great but I don't know if 2 games masks what we saw from him the last few years.......Carr has probably played better than mostly anyone in the league. He's played great. Dak's shown he's elite since 2016....Carr....ehhh......