If you swap the quarterbacks, Dallas wins comfortably

NotForLong

Reaction score
Let me sure I understand you....if Purdy was the QB for the Cowboys....with MM as the head coach....with Kellen Moore calling plays...with Cee Dee, Scultz and Elliot as his weapons...with Maher as his kicker...Purdy would have blown the 49ers out?
Yes

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Well according to you. The answer is simple. We have everything we need except the last pick in the draft playing QB.

Someone should tell the rest of the NFL tanking for draft position is pointless. Because anybody should be able to take the last pick in the draft and have said player lead them to a conference title game in his rookie year.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well according to you. The answer is simple. We have everything we need except the last pick in the draft playing QB.

Someone should tell the rest of the NFL tanking for draft position is pointless. Because anybody should be able to take the last pick in the draft and have said player lead them to a conference title game in his rookie year.
No I did not say that

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
If we had the 49ers quarterback we would have lost convincingly. That guy was lucky (and I don't know how) our defenders dropped the ball what seem like 1/2 dozen times. We should not have lost to a guy name a Purty. it was the biggest gripe I had our defensive backs play. We need to upgrade them.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I understand dumping on Dak after a performance like this but let's not pretend Purdy was perfect. Far from it. Could have had two or three picks of his own last night (two in the redzone that Diggs and Bland dropped) and got bailed out by Kittle on a circus catch. Also almost cost the 49ers three points by stupidly hanging onto the ball with seconds left before halftime. Change any two of those plays and the Cowboys liekly win easily even with Dak stinking it up.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
This is along the same silly narrative that Rush would’ve won the game. Purdy would’ve gotten stomped if he was in the Dallas offense last night. The 49ers gameplan for him was ultra conservative. Purdy played well within it and didn’t make many stupid decisions, hats off to him. Dak played like crap.

Cmac

Reaction score
Stop blaming the coaches.

We loved Linehan until Dak showed up. Same with Dez.

We fired Linehan and Garrett for Dak. Now everybody wants to fire McCarthy and Moore.

There is no head coach or OC who can work with the restrictions that come with Dak's limitations.

He doesn't see the field fast enough against good teams, and he's inaccurate as hell.
Now that was funny, thinking KMoore is an offensive guru. What you're writing should be forwarded to Tampa.

coachharden

Reaction score
LOL..........more genius QB analysis from the guy that has been dead wrong on Dak since day #1.

So Dak is regressing eh? Because we actually won a playoff game and he threw for 300 yards and 5 TD's while doing it?

Keep on trucking buddy. I look forward another offseason of making you look like the fool with the facts.
What exactly has Dak accomplished in seven years? Besides beating below average teams in glorious fashion and failing miserably in meaningful games to good teams? ......He's a great guy, everyone loves him. He is just an average NFL quarterback. I'll wait for your answer.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Yep

Problem is our ownership and many fans over evaluated Dak. He should have never been paid as Elite nor ever considered as such.

Good news is he’s still enough to win 13 games. Like much of the league without an Elite QB, you can build around.
That is key. Get him some better support and maybe an OC that doesn't call dumb plays and we have a good chance with some luck here and there. You don't ignore back to back 13 win seasons especially when he had us rolling at the top of the league in offense this year.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Every QB in the NFL can throw when they have a clean pocket, especially in this era when DBs already have a hard enough time covering WRs because of the rules.

Mark Rypien in a much more difficult passing era looked like the next coming when the Hogs that year put on a clinic in blocking. That OL was by far the greatest ever, better than any that was fielded in Dallas too.
True for the most part but keep in mind that the team you are talking about was about as good as the 93' Cowboys. Also, not every QB can throw all passes with a clean pocket. Note that I said all. Things happen to QB's, Injuries and just life. What Dak was in 2016 - was well ... 2016. Jerry based everything on that 2016 performance he was all in regarding Dak Prescott. Problem is that the intangibles that made Dak that good in 2016 left after 2016 once defensive coordinators figured out he was primarily a dink-and-dunk QB with a sometimes nice longer throw mixed in with some real inaccuracy mostly on the medium throws where the ball has to be at the right spot. Add to that his injuries, which he seems to have actually fully recovered from he had some nice runs in the SF game, the spooky-yips in the midrange passing game -- still there because he can't judge the defense, especially zone defense and again the accuracy is just off.