If you think Dak is terrible chime in

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
let's rewrite history. Romo had the best offensive line and running back ever.. he just sucked... dak is the best ever, it's a wonder he can do anything with the worst offensive line, wr's and coaches in the history of the nfl.. smh

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If Romo had not been hurt in pre-season 2 years ago, Dak would still be holding a clipboard and wearing a baseball cap

True, but then so would any quarterback the Cowboys drafted or signed, Romo was an excellent quarterback, overall, and I think if he'd been able to stay healthy he'd have won the SB in Zeke's first year...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Romo was done. Opposing defenses knew how to handle him too. Just hit him and he'll go down for the count. Tired of wasting season after season on a QB that couldn't stay healthy. No matter what happens with Dak, it was time to move on from Romo.
The guy was as tough as they come. Played with bruised ribs, took hits from lightening bolts. All because of an Oline that couldn't protect him. A robot couldn't of "stay healthy" behind that line. Oh well. I'm not going to have a dispute with my PA cuz I don't wish to be placed on ignore like that member in the Urban Myer thread.:muttley:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The guy was as tough as they come. Played with bruised ribs, took hits from lightening bolts. All because of an Oline that couldn't protect him. A robot couldn't of "stay healthy" behind that line. Oh well. I'm not going to have a dispute with my PA cuz I don't wish to be placed on ignore like that member in the Urban Myer thread.:muttley:
That was the Nick Saban thread. :laugh: No we are good and we all can't agree on everything. I do agree that Tony gave it his all for the team and I wish we would have won something with him. They waited too long to fix the line and create a real running game with him. If he would have had a balanced team years ago maybe things would have been different. :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Horrible?!?!? Romo played on some historically bad Cowboys teams with horrible offensive lines, little or no running game, and mediocre defenses. You're only as good as your situation. Dak had the best of situations his first year, tailed off last year with some injuries and the Zeke suspension. Dak is a great guy and a great teammate, but talent-wise, he is a 4th round pick as advertised. If Romo had not been hurt in pre-season 2 years ago, Dak would still be holding a clipboard and wearing a baseball cap

LOL.......And romo was an undrafted FA. Dak is only a 2nd year QB and has had the two greatest first two years in NFL history. And what exactly did Dak have his first 24 games? A great Oline and great run game. Everything else on the team was suspect or bad including the following:

-Receivers
-Defense
-Coaching

Hilarious to hear the cry babies claim Dak had everything. The ONLY time Dak has faltered is when he actually had NOTHING. The ONLY two things he had in Zeke and Oline got taken away from him. So until he actually had NOTHING, he was playing all world. And this was in only his first 24 games. With little practice time his first year as a rookie he came right in and dominated leading the team. Completely incredible. And when Dez went out, he played even better.

The guy has incredible leadership, attitude and talent. What the dopes dont want to talk about is his mobility and legs which are some of the best in the league. 400 yards rushing and 6 TD's is incredible and helped make our offense much more efficient then it was under Romo. With some adversity, and finally real coaching and a scheme altered to his strengths he should begin to take the next step.

The Romo cry babies will soon crawl back under that rock they were hiding for the first 24 games.

NO doubt, just like with Romo, the cry babies will come out after every loss and claim a missed throw or a pick was the reason we lost. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No Dak is anything but terrible . Whats terrible is a veteran QB that we bank our whole season on coming back from injury running in a meaningless preseason game and getting hurt again .

Whats terrible is Dak played an incredible record setting season and we didn't have the coaching to complete the mission.

No Dak was not a finished product in yr 2 and could not overcome the injuries suspensions and poor coaching he was faced with along with a #1 receiver who heard footsteps and couldn't separate or catch .

This dosent make him terrible it should have been expected and part of his maturation process

This year with a healthy team we should see his progress as he has been diligently working in the off season to improve and we have added young hungry players with SPEED to the roster .
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

All common sense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Absolutely loved Romo. He was one of my favorites. Screwed by Jerry even worse then he is now screwing Dak. Horrid coaching and horrid GM work ruined the likes of romo, Ware, Witten, Dez, ect.....ect.... Soon to be Lee.

With Garrett and the roster the team was NEVER winning the SB in 2016 or 2017. Was good enough to make the playoffs, but with horrid coaching and subpar defense there was NO way. SOOOO with the discovery of Dak it was COMMON sense to move on. DAK, like any young QB needs to learn on the job. So there will be a few season it takes to do that. Some of the issues of ANY young QB people are complaining about now. Once Dak is up to speed we COULD have a shot to win it all if JJ does his job. The fact that he keeps Garrett around will make that all the more difficult.

Blackrain

Reaction score
let's rewrite history. Romo had the best offensive line and running back ever.. he just sucked... dak is the best ever, it's a wonder he can do anything with the worst offensive line, wr's and coaches in the history of the nfl.. smh

How about we just tell it the way it was and not try to exaggerate or inflate the legend of Tony Romo into something it wasn't and not minimize what Dak has accomplished in a short time making like there is no way he can improve and become a finished product.

Tony Romo had to struggle through some very tough times yes but there were quite a few times he made bad decisions and came up small . Dak played well in his rookie year with a healthy team but could not overcome the injuries and suspensions of our best players in his second year .

The coaching has sucked equally for both players I think we can at least agree on that .

Tired of the extremes with some of these fans. Tony was not infallible with no team around him ever and Dak is not destined for failure . There is a middle ground try and find it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely loved Romo. He was one of my favorites. Screwed by Jerry even worse then he is now screwing Dak. Horrid coaching and horrid GM work ruined the likes of romo, Ware, Witten, Dez, ect.....ect.... Soon to be Lee.

With Garrett and the roster the team was NEVER winning the SB in 2016 or 2017. Was good enough to make the playoffs, but with horrid coaching and subpar defense there was NO way. SOOOO with the discovery of Dak it was COMMON sense to move on. DAK, like any young QB needs to learn on the job. So there will be a few season it takes to do that. Some of the issues of ANY young QB people are complaining about now. Once Dak is up to speed we COULD have a shot to win it all if JJ does his job. The fact that he keeps Garrett around will make that all the more difficult.
Nice assessment.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Fair statement my only issue is that a team if they are trying to win should always play their best players and as good as Dak played in 2016 Romo was still the better player so when he was healthy he should have been put back in. Even if he only stayed healthy for a couple of games and got hurt again (as some around here suggest would have happenned, but nobody really knows) he still should have played. To me the front office took away an oppourtunity to maybe go all the way.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Terrible? No. Just not a franchise guy. I think he's an ideal backup (realistically speaking - obviously you'd love to have a top 5 guy backing up another top 5 guy).
This, 100%. He is a bus driver who could win with a great run game and defense but is an inaccurate thrower of the football

staubach24

Reaction score
How about we just tell it the way it was and not try to exaggerate or inflate the legend of Tony Romo into something it wasn't and not minimize what Dak has accomplished in a short time making like there is no way he can improve and become a finished product.

Tony Romo had to struggle through some very tough times yes but there were quite a few times he made bad decisions and came up small . Dak played well in his rookie year with a healthy team but could not overcome the injuries and suspensions of our best players in his second year .

The coaching has sucked equally for both players I think we can at least agree on that .

Tired of the extremes with some of these fans. Tony was not infallible with no team around him ever and Dak is not destined for failure . There is a middle ground try and find it.
I don't want to come off as a Dak hater, I am just so tired of the Romo haters out there who are so quick to dismiss what he accomplished in his tenure with the 'boys. He did most of what he did with little to no running game, putting the team's fortunes squarely in his hands. It makes life a whole lot easier for a defense when they can just pin their ears back, knowing full well your gonna throw. Under the circumstances, I think Tony did a great job just keeping the Cowboys in the conversation year to year, even if they didn't make the playoffs. Horrible coaching and even worse GM work are to blame for those years more than anything else. That speech he gave his last year was class personified. Not wanting to make an issue of being the starter, he put the team's interests ahead of his own. I wonder how many players would be willing to do that. When Jerry gave him that big extension midway through his career, it was probably his way of apologizing for the lousy teams he had surrounded him with

Blackrain

Reaction score
Fair statement my only issue is that a team if they are trying to win should always play their best players and as good as Dak played in 2016 Romo was still the better player so when he was healthy he should have been put back in. Even if he only stayed healthy for a couple of games and got hurt again (as some around here suggest would have happenned, but nobody really knows) he still should have played. To me the front office took away an oppourtunity to maybe go all the way.
You have a point . I don't know if they took away our chance of going all the way but they sure took Tonys . One thing that is a given the coaching would have sucked no matter who played QB and we couldn't get our players substituted . This cost us , Butlers penalty was big IMO.

I think Jerry and Jason are the biggest Romo supporters on the planet and in the end they call the shots . For them not to support a decision to return him to the starter there had to be more than we were seeing or were told .

Tony was a warrior he would probably put himself at risk for the team . Maybe Jerry and Jason saw his true condition and felt he could suffer permanent damage and were afraid for his safety . Its hard to say at this point but I don't think QB was a problem in that season coaching was the weak link IMO

Blackrain

Reaction score
I don't want to come off as a Dak hater, I am just so tired of the Romo haters out there who are so quick to dismiss what he accomplished in his tenure with the 'boys. He did most of what he did with little to no running game, putting the team's fortunes squarely in his hands. It makes life a whole lot easier for a defense when they can just pin their ears back, knowing full well your gonna throw. Under the circumstances, I think Tony did a great job just keeping the Cowboys in the conversation year to year, even if they didn't make the playoffs. Horrible coaching and even worse GM work are to blame for those years more than anything else. That speech he gave his last year was class personified. Not wanting to make an issue of being the starter, he put the team's interests ahead of his own. I wonder how many players would be willing to do that. When Jerry gave him that big extension midway through his career, it was probably his way of apologizing for the lousy teams he had surrounded him with

I may come off as a Romo hater at times but it is not the case the guy was a class act that represented our team to the highest standard under difficult conditions . Unfortunately some of his greatest work will be overlooked because when he did make a mistake it was usually very memorable .
I defended Tony for years till the strain became more than I could bare and I was ready for a change . I think we all have a point where we are ready for change some much sooner than others Some so soon they don't even want to give the guy a chance .

That said I think Tony was a very good QB not Elite but good enough with a team around him and a real Coach to get us to the SB. Problem was there was just too small a window between the time it all clicked with him the team developed then his back gave out .

Dak is a completely different style player and I like it . I am old now and selfish . I want to see the game played like I like it played , Power Running Smash Mouth Football.
I watched it played Tonys way for quite a while and honestly felt one gambler on the team was enough that being Jerry . I will support Dak till he shows he cant do the job .

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
@CowboyRoy

"NO doubt, just like with Romo, the cry babies will come out after every loss and claim a missed throw or a pick was the reason we lost. LOL"

Come on now. Like after a loss and a poor passing performance you won't be blaming chemistry, poor receiver play, bad coaching, an injury or whatever else you can dream up.

Careful now. I'm watching you. Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
@CowboyRoy

"NO doubt, just like with Romo, the cry babies will come out after every loss and claim a missed throw or a pick was the reason we lost. LOL"

Come on now. Like after a loss and a poor passing performance you won't be blaming chemistry, poor receiver play, bad coaching, an injury or whatever else you can dream up.

Careful now. I'm watching you. Lol

If dak has a bad game I’ll be the first.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I may come off as a Romo hater at times but it is not the case the guy was a class act that represented our team to the highest standard under difficult conditions . Unfortunately some of his greatest work will be overlooked because when he did make a mistake it was usually very memorable .
I defended Tony for years till the strain became more than I could bare and I was ready for a change . I think we all have a point where we are ready for change some much sooner than others Some so soon they don't even want to give the guy a chance .

That said I think Tony was a very good QB not Elite but good enough with a team around him and a real Coach to get us to the SB. Problem was there was just too small a window between the time it all clicked with him the team developed then his back gave out .

Dak is a completely different style player and I like it . I am old now and selfish . I want to see the game played like I like it played , Power Running Smash Mouth Football.
I watched it played Tonys way for quite a while and honestly felt one gambler on the team was enough that being Jerry . I will support Dak till he shows he cant do the job .

There is no reason that Romo should even come up in these conversations. It’s not about him anymore.

Dak is an average at best QB. He has some great intangibles like his leadership. He is very athletic but at the end of the day, he is an athlete playing QB in a league where running, athletic QB’s rarely win. All of the stats in the world do not cover up the fact that the guy struggles to accurately place the ball more than 10 yards down the field. I have yet to see a guy be able to fix that big of accuracy issues once they’ve made it to the NFL and I don’t expect any different from him.

He seems like a good guy and a good leader but not an NFL starter. To win, he needs a dominant run game and defense... unfortunately he lacks the ability to consistently make a defense really pay when they put 8 in the box. Down 21 going into the 4th, I’ll never feel like there is a shot with him at the helm. He is a bus driver who, when called upon to sling it, led the league in pick sixes last season.

The thing that gets mistaken about the so called “Dak haters” is that it’s not a dislike of Dak... it’s his play. They want an accurate QB. Aikman always has said accuracy is the most important physical aspect of the position. A Matt Ryan, pocket passing style of QB would set this team over the top with the run game and be able to carry wins when the run got boxed up. With that being said, Dak is the guy... for now and the team will have to play great defense and Zeke will have to play dominant so Dak can do what he does best: drive the bus.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
There is no reason that Romo should even come up in these conversations. It’s not about him anymore.

Then why do the Dak haters always bring him up? Dak is always being compared to Tony which is not fair. Tony was a 10 year veteran and Dak was a second year player.