If you think Dak is terrible chime in

kskboys

Reaction score
It is true that Tony did not have the mobility he once did(he spent the first 6 years of his career running for his life).. And by the way, Dak would never have gone 13 and 3 without Zeke. We never got a chance to see Tony play with Zeke, who is unquestionably better than Murray. We lost to Green Bay(who had a horrible defense) in the playoffs after being down 21-3. That would not have happened if Tony had played
Tony never went 13-3 w/o Terrell Owens!!!! So, you're telling me that a QB needs weapons to win games? No way.

staubach24

Reaction score
No it might well have been a severe beat down if Tony played we have seen them before . Tony had some great games for us granted but he had some real heart breakers and there certainly were no guarantees with him so its impossible to say what would have happened if he played .

We do know how Dak played 103 QBR higher than Rodgers 3TDs 300+ yrds ran in for 2 pt conversion . came back tied game twice . As you said GB had a bad defense but ours was worse along with coaching that couldn't get players substituted and a crazy penalty on Butler that killed a drive that would have ended in points .
Tony never went 13-3 w/o Terrell Owens!!!! So, you're telling me that a QB needs weapons to win games? No way.
That team, like many that Tony played on had a horrible O-line and little to no running game, meaning Tony and T.O. made up a huge majority of that offense. When you don't have a consistent running game, and safeties can play back instead of having to crowd the box in order to stop the run, it's alot more difficult for a QB to be successful. Dak could not have been as good on that team. Dak showed his true self last year when Zeke and Tyron Smith were out. He is a bad decision maker and throws an inaccurate ball down field. This team goes as far as Zeke takes it, plain and simple

Blackrain

Reaction score
That team, like many that Tony played on had a horrible O-line and little to no running game, meaning Tony and T.O. made up a huge majority of that offense. When you don't have a consistent running game, and safeties can play back instead of having to crowd the box in order to stop the run, it's alot more difficult for a QB to be successful. Dak could not have been as good on that team. Dak showed his true self last year when Zeke and Tyron Smith were out. He is a bad decision maker and throws an inaccurate ball down field. This team goes as far as Zeke takes it, plain and simple

Also difficult when you consistently run the clock to 0 so the D can pin its ears back and jump the snap count along with being baited to throw . Yep Dak is a bad decision maker with records in ball security . LOL What a hoot !!

landroverking

Reaction score
Dallas has a long history of being too hard on their QBs.
Only Rodger and Troy had great support, but where not without their distractors.

GenoT

Reaction score
Over half the Cowboy fanbase thought Romo was terrible, these threads are going to do you no good. Half the fans only care when we are relevant though.
The first Romo reference in a Dak thread doesn’t turn up until the second comment?

C’mon people...you can do better than this.

jsb357

Reaction score
Dak is not terrible he's just not shown (yet) he can be that good enough to win playoffs caliber football games.

2018 is his year to show his stuff.

If he fails to do so it's time to move on.

kskboys

Reaction score
Let's see:

OL: Incorrect. Rated top 5, w/ BIGG, Flo, Columbo, Gurode, Kosier
No running game: Incorrect. Julius Jones and Marion Barber formed what was one of the best RB tandems in the NFL.

When arguing, you might want to get your facts straight first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Terrible? no. He's not quincy carter or ryan leaf. A starting quality QB in the NFL? Also no. He won't ever be Troy Aikman, Tony Romo, or Joe Montana. More like a Steve Beuerlein type player, talent wise.

jay94

Reaction score
Horrible?!?!? Romo played on some historically bad Cowboys teams with horrible offensive lines, little or no running game, and mediocre defenses. You're only as good as your situation. Dak had the best of situations his first year, tailed off last year with some injuries and the Zeke suspension. Dak is a great guy and a great teammate, but talent-wise, he is a 4th round pick as advertised. If Romo had not been hurt in pre-season 2 years ago, Dak would still be holding a clipboard and wearing a baseball cap

Your talking to the wrong guy, fans never quit hating on him since Seattle
Sorry I wasn't aiming my post at you just fans in general that think Dak is terrible .

Normally I would agree with you and say you should put the experienced QB in for the playoffs but Tony could not be trusted to take normal NFL hits any longer . Also Tony refused to alter his game like many older QBs have had to do and just THROW THE BALL AWAY to protect himself .

The guy refused to give up on plays . Many times it made a highlight reel but in the end it ended his career .
Dak may not have as accurate a long ball as Tony but he could move the chains with his legs when necessary something Tony could never do on his best days . Dak was a threat every defense had to account for because he could pass or run for touchdowns . Nobody feared Tony running the ball in .

Where are we no oh questionable decisions ? Dak placed a high value on ball security . Tony was like the cow that gave a full bucket of milk then kicked it over . His career was marked with highlight films ending in questionable decisions . LOL

At the end of the day it came down to availability Dak had it Tony didn't . Whatever perceived advantages that were gained by Tonys experience were negated because his style of play left him unavailable

tle, one of the most underrated players these last 20 years.

Tle? Thought you were hating on Romo until the end, but when you carry bad teams you have to take chances, how many ints did he throw when he actually had a team and was leading the opponent, which wasn't a lot of the time for all his comebacks.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Your talking to the wrong guy, fans never quit hating on him since Seattle

tle, one of the most underrated players these last 20 years.

Tle? Thought you were hating on Romo until the end, but when you carry bad teams you have to take chances, how many ints did he throw when he actually had a team and was leading the opponent, which wasn't a lot of the time for all his comebacks.

Agreed Tony did not throw a lot of INTs really a very low percentage throughout his career . But it seemed like when it did happen it was at the absolute worst time and a game changer that we could not recover from .

I loved Tony and defended him against the whole Eagle nation living here in PA till that one game against the skins and I decided I just didn't like his style of play anymore . I was out of excuses . I felt we couldn't have an owner and a QB that were both full blown gamblers and succeed . Dak came along and I fell in love with his style of play , he protected the ball with a passion .
He was not bound and bent on throwing the ball at all cost like Tony . He would move the chains with his legs or check the ball down . Took what the D gave him instead of trying to force the impossible .
So that's where I am with it not a hater just being honest . I saw enough of Tonys style of play to do me a lifetime and I am happy to have a change that makes football more enjoyable for me to watch . Sorry Im just getting old and selfish LOL

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is terrible, I think he's the real deal. What I do think, and I think it applies to most QB's, is they need a supporting cast. Even the mighty Rodgers couldn't avoid getting blown out by Atlanta and losing every meeting with the Colin Kaepernick 49ers in 2012 and '13. Can the QB play if we have the pieces? I think the answer to that in regards to Dak is absolutely yes. Just look at 2015 as opposed to 2016. It wasn't just Zeke that made the difference. I'm not saying Dak is Rodgers or Tom Brady, but he's still pretty good.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Agreed Tony did not throw a lot of INTs really a very low percentage throughout his career . But it seemed like when it did happen it was at the absolute worst time and a game changer that we could not recover from .

That right there. That's the biggest problem I had with Tony