If You Were Dak

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If you or I were Dak:

I’d consider taking a team friendly deal say three years at $25-Mill per fully guaranteed with stipulations that I had input on new coaches, scheme, and maybe adding a few quality free agents..

Or I’d test the market, refuse the tag, and demand Top Market Rate Dollars...

Truth is playing QB for Dallas is a dream job and I’d take even less than that.. I just thought maybe we can all give our own hypothetical scenarios if we were Dak. New fresh thread idea...

What would you ask for or do?

First off, if, that HUGE word IF, IF Prescott had a couple of Super Bowl wins and several NFC championship appearances under his belt and was continually mention in the same breath as Brady, Rodgers or Brees, then MAYBE there might be a team that would consider giviing Prescott that much power with a input on coaches, schemes and what free agents they should go get, but Jones would never agree to that under any situation.

Second if the Cowboys put the tag (exclusive) on Prescott his ONLY options are to sign it or sit out. HE CAN NOT negotiate or accept offers from any other team.

Lastly, there is less than a ZERO chance that Prescott will accept an offer from the Cowboys for 25 mil a year since he already refused the 32 mil a year offer the Cowboys made.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If I were Dak I wouldn't have quit on the team with 5 games left to play.
If I were Dak I would realize that Jerry DID see how badly the quarterback play was this year, last year, and the year before.
If I were Dak I would realize that there is a reason the Cowboys cooled in contract negotiations, and that was because of his poor play.
If I were Dak I would get my head out of the clouds and get to work on improving my game- specifically trying to prepare so that in pressure situations I wouldn't choke and throw interceptions, terrible passes, or throw the ball into the ground on 4th down with the game hanging in the balance.
If I were Dak, I'd be happy with $15 million per year for a couple of years after the way he chokes.

Funny, not ha ha funny, that people with actual NFL experience have commented on how much improvement Prescott has made since his rookie season when he was the NFL offensive rookie of the year.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
If you or I were Dak:

I’d consider taking a team friendly deal say three years at $25-Mill per fully guaranteed with stipulations that I had input on new coaches, scheme, and maybe adding a few quality free agents..

Or I’d test the market, refuse the tag, and demand Top Market Rate Dollars...

Truth is playing QB for Dallas is a dream job and I’d take even less than that.. I just thought maybe we can all give our own hypothetical scenarios if we were Dak. New fresh thread idea...

What would you ask for or do?

No QB will refuse the tag. Too hard to just show up after workouts training camp; not to mention with a new coach will come installation of his offense. It would become a Cousins situation; sign the tag and watch the team lose precious cap money with no way to spread a signing bonus over future years.

There is not a single chance in hell that Dak settles for $25 million per year. See Goff. See Wentz.

What you'd consider is imaginary. In your life have you ever turned down a raise in consideration of the business' bottom line?

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Can we get a QB that can give us our passing game back again.......tired of the 3 and outs, tired of the FG after FG after FG.
Tired of depending on Zeke to beat 8 man boxes.
Tired of having our WR having to reach back for the ball or have to jump like Superman to catch the high one.
And for you, Dak-Employees seek work elsewhere as not even Houdini can make Dak a franchise QB!
We are the Dallas Cowboys and deserve better than this walking disaster for a QB who has made us the Joke of the NFL weekly as we are unable to score against good to playoff defenses!

I'll give this reply, remembering when my 8 year old had to write a report on Australia, and came to me in tears because she thought the people would fall off the earth (as they were on the bottom of the globe).

Heh, heh, heh. Cute and adorable. And mistaken. Sit down and let me science you.

Not gonna science you. I'm sitting and waiting for his new contract. Will be quite entertaining.

ArtClink

Reaction score
What team that is already a Super Bowl contender is in need of a QB?

The reality is of the situations where a team needs a QB, few, if any, have the talent that Dallas has. Dallas really doesn't have a Cleveland Browns type history the way some portray it.

And Dallas hasn't sniffed an NFC championship game in a quarter of a century. Pats might need a QB in the fall.

jnday

Reaction score
I didn’t follow his college days so I’ll have to take your word for it. But to be fair he’s been under you’re boy Garrett, what chance has he had to crack the next level?:muttley:
Garrett didn’t coach Dak to be inaccurate or inconsistent.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If I were Dak, I'd say Fire Garrett if you want me to stay. Cuz Garrett will kill his career like he did Romo.

morat1959

Reaction score
As bad as Dak is, the Romo fans need to move on from him. While he was better than Dak, he was nowhere close to an elite QB. Yes I know....look at those #s.....those #s, like Dak’s, are fantasy #s. Dak is a never has been. Romo was captain choke!

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
If I'm any player that wants to win I would want out of this **** show. If I was a player only out for a cash, I would stick around as all you would need to do is show some flashes one year and get locked up for 4 plus years.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Garrett didn’t coach Dak to be inaccurate or inconsistent.

Funny, not ha ha funny, that Prescott led the league for the 1st 14 weeks in completions of 20+ yards and until week 17 led the league in completions of 40 or more yards. Oh ya until week 16 Prescott led the league in passing yards and came with TWO yards of setting the Cowboys record for most passing yards. I guess he did that being that inaccurate.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Except Prescott has been one o the players who's been one of Garrett's biggest supporter.

That may be. But I do fear him not being able to reach his potential with Garrett. I think the problem that Dak Prescott has with Jason Garrett is that I don't think Garrett uses him properly. I think if Dak were to be more mobile, then he would improve significantly. He made very good strides this year. I think being used more in mobile capacity would help him. He is a threat to run if used that way, and this can open up lanes for his WRs and Zeke.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That may be. But I do fear him not being able to reach his potential with Garrett. I think the problem that Dak Prescott has with Jason Garrett is that I don't think Garrett uses him properly. I think if Dak were to be more mobile, then he would improve significantly. He made very good strides this year. I think being used more in mobile capacity would help him. He is a threat to run if used that way, and this can open up lanes for his WRs and Zeke.

Prescott has proved in the past that he can run and had been pretty durable but this season it also showed that running can cause problems like his shoulder the last 3 games. I wouldn't want them to completely take the run away from him but only do it often enough to make defense think about it. I'd rather see him be able to move around in the pocket more like Romo did and if still nothing open then take off and run.

I also heard Dave Wannstedt say one time that the development of QB's is mostly done by the QB coach. Head coaches get to much credit for the development of QB's.

CB61

Reaction score
I'm thinking he might want to test free agency? It's a thought anyway

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'm thinking he might want to test free agency? It's a thought anyway

That's an option that has less than zero chance of happening. If the Cowboys don't get a long term contract done before March 6th the start of free agency they will put the franchise tag on him so he will not be able to test free agency.