If You Were Dak

CB61

Reaction score
That's an option that has less than zero chance of happening. If the Cowboys don't get a long term contract done before March 6th the start of free agency they will put the franchise tag on him so he will not be able to test free agency.
I would never say never when it comes to the Cowboys and Jerry Jones

CB61

Reaction score
That's an option that has less than zero chance of happening. If the Cowboys don't get a long term contract done before March 6th the start of free agency they will put the franchise tag on him so he will not be able to test free agency.
I definitely see them more than likely franchising him but the games they've played so far with Prescott I would not put it past him meaning Jerry

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Prescott has proved in the past that he can run and had been pretty durable but this season it also showed that running can cause problems like his shoulder the last 3 games. I wouldn't want them to completely take the run away from him but only do it often enough to make defense think about it. I'd rather see him be able to move around in the pocket more like Romo did and if still nothing open then take off and run.

I also heard Dave Wannstedt say one time that the development of QB's is mostly done by the QB coach. Head coaches get to much credit for the development of QB's.

I could see that, and I don't want his running to be overdone. But, I think he could be used to run more than he has.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’d sign the most money from whatever team possible. It’s a small list of quarterbacks that have accomplished what he has at his age.
You do realize there is only ONE team he can sign a new deal with, yes?

stuckindc

Reaction score
I would say that being the Pats qb would its share of endorsements. Winning a ring is important to some players.
If he took a team friendly deal , it would allow for the Cowboys to sign greater parts, top DT's, S, TE, WR...making a better team that could go into and further into the playoffs..which would create huge endorsements deals to offset the money sacrificed in his contract. Being a QB for the Cowboys comes with greater benefits than other teams...good or bad...and if they win a SB ...The dollars will pour in....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was Dak I would go out and buy myself a new Garbage Uniform.....

ENYdlpPWoAE9v2s

Bigtex67

Reaction score
He could do that, sure. But would be leaving millions and millions of dollars on the table in terms of endorsements. No other QB role in the NFL comes with the marketing opportunities that come when you are the face of America's Team. Sacks of money tend to help people put on rose colored glasses when it comes to tolerating dysfunction.

Except possibly Baker Mayfield......so tired of seeing him on TV.....

ArtClink

Reaction score
If he took a team friendly deal , it would allow for the Cowboys to sign greater parts, top DT's, S, TE, WR...making a better team that could go into and further into the playoffs..which would create huge endorsements deals to offset the money sacrificed in his contract. Being a QB for the Cowboys comes with greater benefits than other teams...good or bad...and if they win a SB ...The dollars will pour in....

Dak's contract has nothing to do w why the Jones boys are in their 25th consequetive year without reaching the nfc championship game. Dak owes this organization nothing like any other would be free agent. The market should set what Dak gets and he should get as much as he can get. Zeke got a cool 90 mil and we only got his best effort in a handful of games. If Dak has to put up with Jerry micromanaging every coach, player, and scout then Dak should be paid like a top QB.

Btw, Brady gave Pats a hometown discount, but that was after he had received several big money contracts. Dak has been playing for peanuts. Its time to get paid.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What does that have to do with my post though? I'm confused?
you said you would sign with whatever team would give the most money. Only 1 team can sign him... so how are you going to sign with "Whatever team," when only ONE team can sign him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you said you would sign with whatever team would give the most money. Only 1 team can sign him... so how are you going to sign with "Whatever team," when only ONE team can sign him.
Ok but I said I’d sign with what ever team gave me the most money. You said only 1 team can sign him....so I guess I’d sign with that one 1 team that can sign him?

blumayne38

Reaction score
If you or I were Dak:

I’d consider taking a team friendly deal say three years at $25-Mill per fully guaranteed with stipulations that I had input on new coaches, scheme, and maybe adding a few quality free agents..

Or I’d test the market, refuse the tag, and demand Top Market Rate Dollars...

Truth is playing QB for Dallas is a dream job and I’d take even less than that.. I just thought maybe we can all give our own hypothetical scenarios if we were Dak. New fresh thread idea...

What would you ask for or do?
3 years 25 mill hit the nail on the head... and that’s a fair offer for talent and accolades

Techsass

Reaction score
So what big money 1st tier FAs did we sign while he was on his 4th round rookie contract?

KingRah

Reaction score
If you or I were Dak:

I’d consider taking a team friendly deal say three years at $25-Mill per fully guaranteed with stipulations that I had input on new coaches, scheme, and maybe adding a few quality free agents..

Or I’d test the market, refuse the tag, and demand Top Market Rate Dollars...

Truth is playing QB for Dallas is a dream job and I’d take even less than that.. I just thought maybe we can all give our own hypothetical scenarios if we were Dak. New fresh thread idea...

What would you ask for or do?
If I were dak, I'd work on my footwork as much as Peyton manning and watch twice as much tape as I did this year. I'd also, invite Sean lee to give me a defenders perspective.