If You Were Jacksonville

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So you're claiming that all human bodies are the same. No one has weak wrists, weak ankles, heart issues, weak hamstrings.

Wow. Are you sure you want to keep making this claim? Before this, you had my respect, just FYI.

Yes, I am claiming an athlete that has competed at the highest level of amateur football before entering the NFL has already proven he can be sustainably healthy, especially one drafted in the first round. EVEN a guy with college football injury history. No one gets to the NFL already having weak ankles. Possibly the injury toll makes this a self-fulfilling prophecy and develops ankle or knee problems, but if he got this far then he is not normally susceptible to such injuries.

I lost your respect because you went to such a drastic hyperbole to decipher my post? Come on now.

And someone who has weak ankles isn’t more prone to injury than a normal person other than that specific spot, so that example doesn’t work in this argument. Carson hurt his knee so now he has a weak back? Injury Prone in the NFL is a superstition that an otherwise perfectly healthy player will probably get injured more often than another perfectly healthy player in the same circumstances. But lots of QBs in the NFL miss time to injuries. Carson gets injured because he engages contact more often than most? Sure, did Andrew Luck in too.

But it happens because he has a stigma or there’s something wrong with his dna code or he has a wacky chromosome? It’s superstition.

Last edited:

C42

Reaction score
Oh-Yeah?,,,well,
It's most fortunate fer' You, my under the wire philly fan sapper of CASTLE DALLAS forum membership,,,that you wisely refused the utilization in the conjoined verbiage of: ridiculously premature in yer' rabid fandom& hopeful of heart opined beliefs,,, cuz' that prolly would've cost you a blindsided loaded up saddle bag thumping as you exit the outhouse in the future,,, just sayingo_O

*while I know you Philly fans are rather fond of Carson, that CAT just ain't CUTTING IT,,,& after this 2019 season? SHEESE! Y'all should be tingly gleeful were you to somehow finagle a #3 draft pick in yer' attempts to discharge that turd on down river,,,:cool:
And that’s where you lose credibility when talking football. Clearly letting your emotions or hatred get in the way.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Would you trade disgruntled Jalen Ramsey, Disgruntled Leonard Fournette, and 3 first round picks for Carson Wentz?

Look at this objectively: What are you going to get otherwise for those 2 players? Neither wants to be there, both are headcases. Let's say you draft a qb this year and it fails. It'll take 3-5 years before you fully accept hes a dud and you have to move on. Carson is ready now. You have a talented roster that can win with good QB play today. Maybe the offer is steep, but for a franchise QB the Jags have never really had aside from maybe Brunell, what benefit is there to say no and keep going 5-11?
No freaking way.

I'd trade a 2019 2nd and a 2020 3rd for Foles. Same deal for Wentz.

3 1sts, 2 near all-pros? No. No one in the league except for a 21 year old Brady or Brees is worth such a haul.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I don't see anyone being dumb enough to trade 2 firsts for Wince, much less the other players to boot. He really hasn't proven anything other than he has a hard time staying healthy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, I am claiming an athlete that has competed at the highest level of amateur football before entering the NFL has already proven he can be sustainably healthy, especially one drafted in the first round. EVEN a guy with college football injury history. No one gets to the NFL already having weak ankles. Possibly the injury toll makes this a self-fulfilling prophecy and develops ankle or knee problems, but if he got this far then he is not normally susceptible to such injuries.

I lost your respect because you went to such a drastic hyperbole to decipher my post? Come on now.

And someone who has weak ankles isn’t more prone to injury than a normal person other than that specific spot, so that example doesn’t work in this argument. Carson hurt his knee so now he has a weak back? Injury Prone in the NFL is a superstition that an otherwise perfectly healthy player will probably get injured more often than another perfectly healthy player in the same circumstances. But lots of QBs in the NFL miss time to injuries. Carson gets injured because he engages contact more often than most? Sure, did Andrew Luck in too.

But it happens because he has a stigma or there’s something wrong with his dna code or he has a wacky chromosome? It’s superstition.
You OK, dude? I think you're having a coronary!!!!! Maybe it's because you're prone to one!!!!!

This might be the most silliest post I've ever seen on here!!!!!! You might want to read up on what being injury prone constitutes, because your misdefinition of the term is the only thing that makes sense here.

People's bodies are not all put together the same. Yes, it's mostly in the DNA code. Calling it superstition is weird, man!!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
Would you trade disgruntled Jalen Ramsey, Disgruntled Leonard Fournette, and 3 first round picks for Carson Wentz?

Look at this objectively: What are you going to get otherwise for those 2 players? Neither wants to be there, both are headcases. Let's say you draft a qb this year and it fails. It'll take 3-5 years before you fully accept hes a dud and you have to move on. Carson is ready now. You have a talented roster that can win with good QB play today. Maybe the offer is steep, but for a franchise QB the Jags have never really had aside from maybe Brunell, what benefit is there to say no and keep going 5-11?

Would you trade me your wife, daughter, and next 3 paychecks for my half broken snow blower? It's an 800 dollar snow blower. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but that's how this comes off. The Jags are better off trying to hold their team together and draft a QB. That's the simplified scenario. They're in perfect position in the draft. There wouldn't even be all of this drama had they had good QB play.

DFWJC

Reaction score

They can just get Nick Foles on the open market

btw, this seems like a massive trolling thread.
The equivalent of FIVE 1st rounders for one player. Lunacy

Sydla

Reaction score
This guy projects multiple first round picks and a ‘haul’ of established players:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/th...foles-force-eagles-to-trade-carson-wentz/amp/

This guys says Saquon Barkley and the Giants top 10 pick this year is not nearly enough:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...rson-wentz-trade-ideas-week-17-reactions/amp/

Multiple NFL pundits on Twitter list deals including All-Pros combined with 1st round picks:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ft...s-jaguars-steelers-giants-broncos-raiders/amp

Even Jaguars Reddit has about half the fans giving up multiple picks, and even Fournette in some of them:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...ealistically_trade_for_carson/#ampf=undefined

FOUR first round picks:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/se...philadelphia-eagles-carson-wentz-trade/amp/3/

This guy says the 10th overall pick and ‘multiple’ future first rounders:
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/pr...nver-broncos-carson-wentz-trade-explored/amp/

He would literally be the biggest trade asset in NFL history (seeing as no team with a QB this good has been in this position). Show me anything that says otherwise.

Who thinks he’s worth this? Basically everyone who’s not a cowboys homer.

I like Wentz. Have been called a Wentz lover and a closet Eagles fan.

There is no way I would trade Ramsey, Fournette AND three first round picks. Maybe a small package involving some of that stuff, but no way on all of it.

And your links don't support your claim of three first round picks AND two high level players. Most are a mish mash of picks and players but none coming close to your original proposal.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I like Wentz. Have been called a Wentz lover and a closet Eagles fan.

There is no way I would trade Ramsey, Fournette AND three first round picks. Maybe a small package involving some of that stuff, but no way on all of it.

And your links don't support your claim of three first round picks AND two high level players. Most are a mish mash of picks and players but none coming close to your original proposal.

Never said it did. Context.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Coughlin isn’t getting fleeced like that. Wentz is worth one first round pick. His numbers haven’t blown anyone away. The Jags might give up Jalen and Fournette for a QB and no 1st round picks.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You OK, dude? I think you're having a coronary!!!!! Maybe it's because you're prone to one!!!!!

This might be the most silliest post I've ever seen on here!!!!!! You might want to read up on what being injury prone constitutes, because your misdefinition of the term is the only thing that makes sense here.

People's bodies are not all put together the same. Yes, it's mostly in the DNA code. Calling it superstition is weird, man!!!!

Injury prone has no medical definition, no professional would ever use such a term. There is no scientific basis for it, you just made up that DNA thing. It's a loose slang term used deragoratorily toward certain athletes.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score

:lmao2:

InTheZone

Reaction score

Absolutely not.
There will be a team out there that a trades a 1st for Ramsey.

And 3 1sts for a broken QB? Eagles would be wise to find a bottom feeder to give them two 1sts, but they're not getting all the above that was mentioned.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if I am the jags I go after nick foles on the open market why give up draft capital when u can get a starter that is good enough to take u to the championship game tom coughlin is no dummy

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
but we all know it when we see it ...

why make the hypothetical trade for wentz? do you prefer foles? if so, why?

We all know an unlucky Cabo trip when we see it, or a ‘curse’ too.

As for the second part, logic. I could make the case that this isn’t dissimilar to what happened in NE. No I’m not comparing Foles to Brady, but even you can admit his 2001 was entirely built on clutch-ness and not exactly prime QB play. Bledsoe’s best destroys Brady’s 2001, 18 td 12 INT season. But you went with Brady because you still lose with Bledsoe’s best, Brady just wins ballgames. We know now how both QBs turned out, but in that moment all Belichick has to go on was Brady was a winner. He may throw INTs (I think even 15 in 2002), but they’re not on game winning drives, which Bledsoe would be fortunate to even be involved in.

Wentz is worth a lot more on the open market, and while I do think Wentz will develop into a better QB, I don’t necessarily think he will outweigh Nick + the entire haul as far as wins and losses are concerned. I’d be happy to keep Wentz. I’m actually a big fan of both, but really a fan of neither. My allegiance is with Philly. In some ways, Howie Roseman means more to me than any player, because every decision he makes is in the team’s best interest, no player thinks that way (though Brady is probably the closest.) I like Wentz a lot, he went to my alma mater. I’m from ND. But my concern is what’s most likely reality: we keep Wentz and get nothing for Foles. Because that doesn’t help the Philadelphia Eagles as much as other scenarios.

So this isn’t a Wentz bashing thread, instead I’ve ended up defending him throughout this thing. This is a ‘What’s the best possible scenario to come out of this for the Eagles?’ Thread. Am I asking for a lot for Wentz? Yeah, because teams trade way too much to try and get a franchise QB all the time. And that’s a scenario where it would make sense to keep Foles over Wentz. Not all scenarios, but you couldn’t turn that one down.

Last edited:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Would the eagles even be able to afford all those guys plus their current players?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
if I am the jags I go after nick foles on the open market why give up draft capital when u can get a starter that is good enough to take u to the championship game tom coughlin is no dummy

It is possible they hold on to Nick in order to get something for him. A few different ways they could do that without franchising.

Would the eagles even be able to afford all those guys plus their current players?

Hold on, I'm trying to find Howie Roseman's wiki page....

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
why would the jags build a team for the eagles when they can get foles for a lot less compensation the eagles are not going to hold on to foles in the offseason unless the do trade wentz as a team u cant pay all of those big salaries to players