If you were Jerry would you call the Lions tomorrow?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2331831 said:
Defenses cannot afford to stuff 8 in the box and come after Romo if they are forced to defend out wide on both side, plus the seams. Crayton is a #3 WR. Yes, he played good today.

Today...

Today doesn't define an entire season. If we have him at #3 then he is even more dangerous.

is a different WR going to make our OL block like they are supposed to? Or help the defense cover anybody and sack QB's? Is it gonna help the worst special teams units in football?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Newflash, Roy Williams is not going to put this team over the top.

Heck, I don't even think Jerry Rice in his prime would.

We have a Pro Bowl backfield, 3 Pro Bowlers on the Offensive Line, a Pro Bowl Tight End and a Pro Bowl receiver.

Seriously, do we need 11 Pro Bowlers on offense? This team has enough talent on Offense to win a Super Bowl.

Also, Miles Austin has been getting open and Patrick Crayton had a huge game, this has nothing to do with needing a 2nd Pro Bowl Receiver.

This team is devoid of leadership and it is apprearant that they read their own press clippings.

They need a player like Ray Lewis and we ain't getting anybody like that this year.

Aven8

Reaction score
dbair1967;2331863 said:
is a different WR going to make our OL block like they are supposed to? Or help the defense cover anybody and sack QB's? Is it gonna help the worst special teams units in football?

NO! But at least we will be feared again on offense. We don't scare anybody! We need to pull this trigger.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dbair1967;2331863 said:

Nope.

The offensive line got their butts handed to them today, that is why you saw so many holding penalties.

This team is either underachieving or we have severely overrated the talent on this team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2331892 said:
Nope.

The offensive line got their butts handed to them today, that is why you saw so many holding penalties.

This team is either underachieving or we have severely overrated the talent on this team.

huge underachieving...just huge

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Aven8;2331888 said:
NO! But at least we will be feared again on offense. We don't scare anybody! We need to pull this trigger.

Your delusional if you think defensive coordinators don't fear us.

Jason Garrett has to become more creative as teams are still using the same schemes to defend against us.

Also, I will say again, Miles Austin has been getting open.

Heck, he was even open for an easy TD but Tony Romo got hit and the ball was thrown inaccurately.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2331874 said:
Newflash, Roy Williams is not going to put this team over the top.

Heck, I don't even think Jerry Rice in his prime would.

We have a Pro Bowl backfield, 3 Pro Bowlers on the Offensive Line, a Pro Bowl Tight End and a Pro Bowl receiver.

Seriously, do we need 11 Pro Bowlers on offense? This team has enough talent on Offense to win a Super Bowl.

Also, Miles Austin has been getting open and Patrick Crayton had a huge game, this has nothing to do with needing a 2nd Pro Bowl Receiver.

This team is devoid of leadership and it is apprearant that they read their own press clippings.

They need a player like Ray Lewis and we ain't getting anybody like that this year.
I agree. But it would for sure help if we got Roy. We should be able to have offensive success and I'm not really sure what the problem is yet. I'm all for getting Roy though.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2331955 said:
I agree. But it would for sure help if we got Roy. We should be able to have offensive success and I'm not really sure what the problem is yet. I'm all for getting Roy though.

No doubt, getting a player of that caliber will help but I doubt he makes the Offensive Line, the Defense and the Special Teams play better.

I don't think we need additional pieces as I think we already have the talent to win a Super Bowl.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2331863 said:
I never said it would Dave.

I said it would prevent the Defenses from putting 8 men in the box. Debate what I say, not what you are panicking about. If you want to debate what you are panicking about we can, but I'd prefer to confine it to a thread about the subject rather than spread panic into every other thread.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Americas_Team;2331239 said:
I would call the Bengals first about TJ and then the Lions... we also need to check what's going on with our OL, those guys are not performing. If we don't fix the OL the Giants, Eagles, Steelers and the deadskins are going to kill us...
Well, the Bengals and the Lions both could use help in the running game, so maybe we can send them Choice, Carpenter and a third. I'd hate to lose Choice though, seeing as how he's performing well on special teams.

Also, if we bring in another WR, who's the odd man out? I guess we can put Stanback on IR...? Or we'd activate 5 and just have Stanback be inactive for the rest of the season? Whatever happens, Stanback most likely will be the odd man out b/c he doesn't play on the coverage team like Hurd does.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Crayton had TD and near 100 first half

We need to protect the QB.... Austin, Crayton are productive #2 and #3 as is Hurd at #4

Matt

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2331213 said:
So funny.....but true.:laugh2:

Aren't you the same guy who is always against the RW trade in every post so far?

sk0aL

Reaction score
I would offer a #1 and Austin or Hurd for Williams right now.

Roll the dice.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
if you asked me a couple of weeks ago i wouldve said no

after the last 3 weeks its an emphatic YES!!!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2331909 said:
Your delusional if you think defensive coordinators don't fear us.

Jason Garrett has to become more creative as teams are still using the same schemes to defend against us.

Also, I will say again, Miles Austin has been getting open.

Heck, he was even open for an easy TD but Tony Romo got hit and the ball was thrown inaccurately.
Defensive coordinators dont fear us as much as they used to, at least our passing game they dont. we are seeing a lot more 8 man fronts than we ever did last year because teams now believe that if they are physical with T.O and put someone over the top that they can stop him and that our other WR's wont kill them against single coverage. id say teams fear our running game a lot more and rightfully so because of the dynamic backfield we have and because our WR's dont get consistently open except a few times a game it seems. hell Romo is getting blitzed more than ever before! that didnt happen last year...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I heard ed werder say he would be shocked if jerry didnt.

Jerry said this week in 4 interviews this week that he loves our young wr and has no intrest in trading for a wr.

Having heard that, I wouldnt be suprised if he did.

and knowing that I am not sure it makes us that much better. He cant help our defense and the acqusition of wr's in the history of the league I dont think has ever led to a championship.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
coogrfan;2331540 said:
Good Lord.

Three years ago, the consensus around here was that problem was that Parcells was too much of a hard-***. Now the problem is that Phillips is too soft?

Can you folks please make up your minds?

i think they are the extreme in opposite directions Wade is too soft and Parcells was abusive to the players and showed them no respect even when they played well...........I just want a normal NFL coach there isnt a HC in the league that is as passive as Wade and it is bleeding into the team........Parcells on the other hand beat them down mentally....nothing was ever good enough...............whats wrong with chewing butt when they suck and patting butts when they play well? i know that sounded gay...but its true

ddh33

Reaction score
Would it make the team better?

Would Roy Williams #11 help this team more than whatever you trade away would? If the answers to those questions are "yes", then I think you need to look at making the move.