If Zeke is worth 15M per

GMO415

Reaction score
EzE lost his burst. He's still an elite RB but I'm not sure he could take it to the house on any given play anymore

blueblood70

Reaction score
What would these guys be worth in 2019...

hes not making that until what yr 3? its overblown his a deal keeps going from 50, to 90, to 108 and being held against him when hes by the eye test under performing.. really bad taste fans throwing money out as reason to lower Zekes actual meaning to this team..

hes not making that much unless he stays healthy and out of trouble.. 24 mil is his GM when he makes it through 16 this year and reports to camp next year, then it becomes 50 once he starts the season on that roster.. after that its all dependent on him staying clean and showing up for workouts and TC.. o was agood deal for both sides regardless if hes leading the league in rushing or not..

they are using him less then usual, I also see hes starting to run out of bounds more and when theres no reason to be a bettering ram, goes down.. this and pollard will keep EE fresh for bigger moments and bigger games..

i can see polard getting a few more carries each game until it becomes obvious he can say get 12 very productive touches per game or more to keep EE fresher without sacrificing drives..

In my Eyes Zekes being Zeke and just because he got ridiculous money, doesnt mean hes suppose dto change into an electric back like CM, hes never been that so why now? hes still debatly a top 3 back right now and hes always avaiable..it was not mistake to resign him..

blueblood70

Reaction score

different era nd different defense as well as offenses, not sure but I see all that in all the good backs today so id say the same..

IMO
Zeke is most like Emmitt
Barkely is more like Barry
Gurley is most like Thomas
Cook is a lot like ???
Fournette is Ricky waters maybe ?
Mcaffrey is Doresett like??

my point is we have now in this era all similar comps to those guy's but given the change in offensive and defensive philosophy its hard to judge by just stats.. i bet all those above would have as good a carrers as all those listed above..if they got the carries and the lean toward run heavy offenses etc i can see it..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Elliot and this O-Line put on a great game against the #2 defense against the run. Looked like he had more yards than 111. He was getting to where he was getting to the second level and was waiting for him to break off a long one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Personally I think all players are overpaid in sports. Is Russell Wilson worth 35 million a year? what did he cure cancer? No he plays football. These guys are paid big for playing a game. I do not begrudge them after all if someone offered you million to play a game would you turn it down? NO. Zeke pay is a lot but given his stats thus far in his career there is no reason he should be paid less than Gurley, it is how the system in the NFL works at all positions.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it's more a question of whether Elliott is worth $6.3 million this year, $10.9 million next year and $13.7 million the year after that.

From that point on, the Cowboys save money if they cut him. If they restructure him in a couple years, then he'll go back to costing around $5 million to $10 million per year. If he's still playing at a high level, I could see us restructuring in 2022 when he's set to receive a $12.4 million base ($16.5 million total while his dead cap hit would be $10.8 million.)

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think it's more a question of whether Elliott is worth $6.3 million this year, $10.9 million next year and $13.7 million the year after that.

From that point on, the Cowboys save money if they cut him. If they restructure him in a couple years, then he'll go back to costing around $5 million to $10 million per year. If he's still playing at a high level, I could see us restructuring in 2022 when he's set to receive a $12.4 million base ($16.5 million total while his dead cap hit would be $10.8 million.)
Hey, facts don't trump their feelings!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hes not making that until what yr 3? its overblown his a deal keeps going from 50, to 90, to 108 and being held against him when hes by the eye test under performing.. really bad taste fans throwing money out as reason to lower Zekes actual meaning to this team..

hes not making that much unless he stays healthy and out of trouble.. 24 mil is his GM when he makes it through 16 this year and reports to camp next year, then it becomes 50 once he starts the season on that roster.. after that its all dependent on him staying clean and showing up for workouts and TC.. o was agood deal for both sides regardless if hes leading the league in rushing or not..

they are using him less then usual, I also see hes starting to run out of bounds more and when theres no reason to be a bettering ram, goes down.. this and pollard will keep EE fresh for bigger moments and bigger games..

i can see polard getting a few more carries each game until it becomes obvious he can say get 12 very productive touches per game or more to keep EE fresher without sacrificing drives..

In my Eyes Zekes being Zeke and just because he got ridiculous money, doesnt mean hes suppose dto change into an electric back like CM, hes never been that so why now? hes still debatly a top 3 back right now and hes always avaiable..it was not mistake to resign him..

It is a 4 year, 50M deal in reality which would be 12.5M per.

I was reviewing OU games to see Lincoln Riley's offense in detail and I came across youtube video of Billy Sims and then a video of greatest RBs.

Those guys just make all current RBs look average.

Detroit had the #1 offense with Billy Sims at RB and Detroit had "no passing game" according to their own coaches recollections.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why just Zeke? What about any player making exhorbitant amounts of money, compared to former players?

Because I was reviewing OU games to see Lincoln Riley's offense in detail and I came across youtube video of Billy Sims and then a video of greatest RBs.

Detroit had the #1 offense with Billy Sims at RB and Detroit had "no passing game" according to their own coaches.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is a 4 year, 50M deal in reality which would be 12.5M per.

I was reviewing OU games to see Lincoln Riley's offense in detail and I came across youtube video of Billy Sims and then a video of greatest RBs.

Detroit had the #1 offense with Billy Sims at RB and Detroit had "no passing game" according to their own coaches recollections.
ERa and scheme differences etc can alter how RBs run..its not fair eval unless they all can go back in time and play.. im not saying those HOF RBs weren't all better then our crop but I can see that talent in them should an offense and era of defense was exact..should we go back to the wishbone and triple option etc etc.. I mean this cant ever be truly proven by an eye test without technology to go back and forth in time.. just saying

on zekes deal its not guaranteed until he reports this coming TC and doesnt get in trouble so im cool with it..its all staged and protected..

I mean with a QB list like

Jimmyg
cousins
stafford
goff
wentz
carr

making 28plus per year with ridiculous guarantees,

what could Aikman, Montana, Young, Kelley, Staubach, and other past HOF QBs make and add to what they could produces in these offenses?

MY Point is the RBs of our era are much closer in comparison to the overpaid hyped up players on that list so what they would be worth Double LOL

nice time waster debating it but theres no true way to do this...it is what it is and ERAS matter..its a tough one..

also take inflation into account im sure they arent that far apart in real money

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because I was reviewing OU games to see Lincoln Riley's offense in detail and I came across youtube video of Billy Sims and then a video of greatest RBs.

Detroit had the #1 offense with Billy Sims at RB and Detroit had "no passing game" according to their own coaches.

I hate that Sims career was cut short. He had a unique running style. Looking back at these guys make you want to stop watching today's game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ERa and scheme differences etc can alter how RBs run..its not fair eval unless they all can go back in time and play.. im not saying those HOF RBs weren't all better then our crop but I can see that talent in them should an offense and era of defense was exact..should we go back to the wishbone and triple option etc etc.. I mean this cant ever be truly proven by an eye test without technology to go back and forth in time.. just saying

on zekes deal its not guaranteed until he reports this coming TC and doesnt get in trouble so im cool with it..its all staged and protected..

I mean with a QB list like

Jimmyg
cousins
stafford
goff
wentz
carr

making 28plus per year with ridiculous guarantees,

what could Aikman, Montana, Young, Kelley, Staubach, and other past HOF QBs make and add to what they could produces in these offenses?

MY Point is the RBs of our era are much closer in comparison to the overpaid hyped up players on that list so what they would be worth Double LOL

nice time waster debating it but theres no true way to do this...it is what it is and ERAS matter..its a tough one..

also take inflation into account im sure they arent that far apart in real money

There are no "stay out of trouble" clauses in the contract.

Guaranteed at Signing
7.5M signing bonus
2019 and 2020 salaries
2020 option bonus 13M
Total = 28M

Guaranteed if he is on the roster in March 2020
2021 salary 9.6M
Note: To avoid paying this they would have to cut him in March 2020 despite his 2020 salary already being guaranteed.
If cut, he would have been paid 28M for 1 season.

Guaranteed if he is on the roster in March 2021
2022 salary 12.4M
Note: To avoid paying this they would have to cut him in March 2021 despite his 2021 salary already being guaranteed.
If cut he would have been paid 37.6M for 2 seasons (18.8M average).

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate that Sims career was cut short. He had a unique running style. Looking back at these guys make you want to stop watching today's game.
Yes, that was my exact point.

In many polls of OU fans and of media, Billy Sims is considered the great OU RB of all time.
- That is amazing considering that Adrian Peterson went to OU.

RBs back in the day dazzled the mind with their abilities.
Obviously there are more like Walter Payton, Bo, etc.. Even Herschel Walker before the trade was incredible to watch.

The most amazing modern RB was Adrian Peterson at his peak.

Macnalty

Reaction score

No doubt in my mind that Barkley will make more when his contract comes due. This is the going rate for top all around backs in 2020 it is not going to get cheaper.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
His college playing-weight was 225lbs., which he is said to be below this season...
Must be why he goes twirling like a pinwheel (albeit in a forward fashion on some of his tackles)