If Zeke is worth 15M per

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
giphy.webp

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Emmitt also held out to become the highest paid player at his position, received his wish as well by signing a 4 year contract on September 17, 1993 for.... are you ready for this for $13.6 million. That's for 4 years, not one season.

Do the math on how much Emmitt was getting paid per season in those 4 years. Was he worth it? Sure he was. Just as Zeke is worth his. Different era, another Emmitt. ;)

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yes he is, because someone is willing to pay that for him. How all free markets work.

aria

Reaction score
This did not answer my question. My question was about your comment below.

You assertion about his money, and his yards - that you claim others made you post that stat because his supporters on this site post his stats as a foundation for their seeing him as a top rusher. If, by your comment that you don't like using that stats, then it clearly shows you don't even hold that stats in high regard for any runner.

Then you toss out him pumping up his stats by playing the worst teams. As if he decided what the schedule was and chose those team so he could post great stats.

The Saints have perhaps the best team in the NFC right now with their stud QB on the sidelines. It should be clear as the season moves on teams show their strengths and weaknesses. Parcels said you don't really know who your team is until after Thanksgiving. So judging teams like the Saints after a few games does not actually represent their coming together as a team.

You hate stats but use them liberally.

Your comment about "look at the room he had to run" then mentioned Pollard is by far the weakest part of your argument. This is the same tripe used on this site about Murray back when he was lighting it up. The rabble praised themselves when he went to the Eagles and did nothing. They ignored the Eagles did not use him like Dallas did. And he rebounded with a really good season when he went to the Titans.

But the weakness with your argument about the size of the hole and what someone else will do assumes the hole was actually as big as you portray, that other runners would see it, hit it, and respond to the arm tackles the same way. Frankly, I doubt your ability to recognize the holes Zeke ran through competently. Not that you could not see them and make a reasonable value comment on them. But your jaded attitude toward Zeke colors every "fact" you see in a way to support your opinion.

Not only did you cherry pick your stats, you completely ignored the injuries to the offensive line and WR which crippled the offense during some performances. You talk about one player. You blame him for the days when the lines is breaking it off in the defense. You blame him for the days the line and offensive skill players are wounded or out because the other team focuses on him to stop him.

This is not about results anymore. This is about your spite for this one player. Your bias makes your argument fit your agenda and therefore has no value as fact.

Finally, your comments about what other players did to the Dallas defense is a false equivalency since Zeke does not run against our defense in real games. Zeke does not play defense, therefore the list you gave are not pertinent to this discussion because of their fallacy of inconsistency of your argument.

But back to the point I was making in my comment to you. This list of people seeing every day he is not worth it is growing, and where is the proof of this.

It was an opinion dressed up as fact. You will never be able to prove that negative with any accuracy. Zeke is paid what the team believes he is worth. Your opinion, while you surely have the right to, doesn't mean shart to a tree. (I suggest to get that reference you need look up Jefferson Airplane's song Eskimo Blue Day on YouTube)
First of all, of course I don’t have stats to back up that more and more people recognize that it wasn’t a good contract. All you have to do is read most of the Zeke threads over the past month and will see that less people support the money we paid him than prior to the season. It doesn’t mean the majority aren’t for it but that less are. There have even been several people say that they supported originally but not anymore. On the contrary, I don’t ever recall even seeing a post (not saying they aren’t out there) of people saying they were against the contract but are now all for it.

Toss them out by talking about the poor quality of teams we played? I never tossed them out, I stated that as fact, ust like when everyone got excited and over reacted to just about every player and personnel on this team after beating three of the worst teams in the league only to go on and get beat by teams with winning records. Now we beat the Eagles and everyone is back on cloud nine. I take the teams we play for what they are and I also take that into consideration with every aspect of the game, not just Zeke. If our D goes out and destroys the pitiful Giants, the only thing I’ll be mildly excited about is beating a divisional rival. If our D goes out and shuts down NE, which I think we’ll do, than I’ll be more excited.

If you claim a team doesn’t know who they really are until after Thanksgiving than I guess you’re like me and took all the games we’ve played so far with a grain of salt but for a different reason, right? No need to get excited about who we beat or lose to until after Thanksgiving because until then we don’t know if who we beat was good or bad or if we are good or bad :rolleyes:

The Murray comparison is horrible. Murray played behind one of the best O lines in the league while he was here then went to Philly where it wasn’t nearly as good at the time. You’re right about one thing, they didn’t use him correctly and so far Dallas isn’t using Pollard correctly. There have been several plays where they give Zeke the ball and it’s designed to go wide, Zeke doesn’t have speed Pollard does and shouldn’t be used as much in those situations. I believe it was against New Orleans or maybe Green Bay that Zeke had one guy to beat, got chased down on the left wide of the field and didn’t even make a move, he just went down. I guarantee you Pollard would have smoked that dude and been in the end zone.

I’ve brought up the O line several times and that’s what I find the mist damning. Why is it Barkley never got the excuse of a bad O line? Not once. Zeke supporters would just say “who has the most total yards” as the end all be all for who is the best. Why is it when Zeke has a bad game it’s because of the O line but when Zeke has a good game you won’t acknowledge how great the O line played and how much more room he had to work with? Pretty hypocritical but that’s not surprising.

Cherry pick stats? I’m not sure about the current year, it would be skewed anyways, but if you claim to know my posts as well as you think than you would know how many other stats I’ve used. Up until recently I’ve acknowledged Zeke as a top 3 back but said Barkley was better, that doesn’t sound like someone who is letting personal feelings or bias get in the way. God forbid I don’t say he’s the absolute best! I’ve compared several stats including most yards from line of scrimmage, most broken tackles, most fumbles, most runs of 10 or 20 yards and more, most yards after contact, better ypc, most touchdowns and have acknowledged the most yards. How many more stats do you want me to come up with? You might want to look up the definition of cherry picking because that’s far from it.

Zeke is a good RB, and again, if you read any of my posts you would know that I don’t support drafting any RB that high and I don’t support paying any RB that much money which INCLUDES Barkley. Throw in the quality of our O line and it even made less sense. Zeke has never taken over a game, he goes as the O line goes. If he needs the room to run every game that he had against Philthy than we could have gone with Pollard. If he can only average 1.9 ypc and can’t be a difference maker against someone like New Orleans than what did we spend all that money for? Edit: He was a difference maker, he fumbled the ball in a critical situation thus helping the other team win.

aria

Reaction score
Emmitt also held out to become the highest paid player at his position, received his wish as well by signing a 4 year contract on September 17, 1993 for.... are you ready for this for $13.6 million. That's for 4 years, not one season.

Do the math on how much Emmitt was getting paid per season in those 4 years. Was he worth it? Sure he was. Just as Zeke is worth his. Different era, another Emmitt. ;)
Emmitt had Super Bowls and took over games, Zeke has nothing.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
First of all, of course I don’t have stats to back up that more and more people recognize that it wasn’t a good contract. All you have to do is read most of the Zeke threads over the past month and will see that less people support the money we paid him than prior to the season. It doesn’t mean the majority aren’t for it but that less are. There have even been several people say that they supported originally but not anymore. On the contrary, I don’t ever recall even seeing a post (not saying they aren’t out there) of people saying they were against the contract but are now all for it.

Toss them out by talking about the poor quality of teams we played? I never tossed them out, I stated that as fact, ust like when everyone got excited and over reacted to just about every player and personnel on this team after beating three of the worst teams in the league only to go on and get beat by teams with winning records. Now we beat the Eagles and everyone is back on cloud nine. I take the teams we play for what they are and I also take that into consideration with every aspect of the game, not just Zeke. If our D goes out and destroys the pitiful Giants, the only thing I’ll be mildly excited about is beating a divisional rival. If our D goes out and shuts down NE, which I think we’ll do, than I’ll be more excited.

If you claim a team doesn’t know who they really are until after Thanksgiving than I guess you’re like me and took all the games we’ve played so far with a grain of salt but for a different reason, right? No need to get excited about who we beat or lose to until after Thanksgiving because until then we don’t know if who we beat was good or bad or if we are good or bad :rolleyes:

The Murray comparison is horrible. Murray played behind one of the best O lines in the league while he was here then went to Philly where it wasn’t nearly as good at the time. You’re right about one thing, they didn’t use him correctly and so far Dallas isn’t using Pollard correctly. There have been several plays where they give Zeke the ball and it’s designed to go wide, Zeke doesn’t have speed Pollard does and shouldn’t be used as much in those situations. I believe it was against New Orleans or maybe Green Bay that Zeke had one guy to beat, got chased down on the left wide of the field and didn’t even make a move, he just went down. I guarantee you Pollard would have smoked that dude and been in the end zone.

I’ve brought up the O line several times and that’s what I find the mist damning. Why is it Barkley never got the excuse of a bad O line? Not once. Zeke supporters would just say “who has the most total yards” as the end all be all for who is the best. Why is it when Zeke has a bad game it’s because of the O line but when Zeke has a good game you won’t acknowledge how great the O line played and how much more room he had to work with? Pretty hypocritical but that’s not surprising.

Cherry pick stats? I’m not sure about the current year, it would be skewed anyways, but if you claim to know my posts as well as you think than you would know how many other stats I’ve used. Up until recently I’ve acknowledged Zeke as a top 3 back but said Barkley was better, that doesn’t sound like someone who is letting personal feelings or bias get in the way. God forbid I don’t say he’s the absolute best! I’ve compared several stats including most yards from line of scrimmage, most broken tackles, most fumbles, most runs of 10 or 20 yards and more, most yards after contact, better ypc, most touchdowns and have acknowledged the most yards. How many more stats do you want me to come up with? You might want to look up the definition of cherry picking because that’s far from it.

Zeke is a good RB, and again, if you read any of my posts you would know that I don’t support drafting any RB that high and I don’t support paying any RB that much money which INCLUDES Barkley. Throw in the quality of our O line and it even made less sense. Zeke has never taken over a game, he goes as the O line goes. If he needs the room to run every game that he had against Philthy than we could have gone with Pollard. If he can only average 1.9 ypc and can’t be a difference maker against someone like New Orleans than what did we spend all that money for? Edit: He was a difference maker, he fumbled the ball in a critical situation thus helping the other team win.

I'd dance with you on this, but it's clear you want to lead.

aria

Reaction score
I'd dance with you on this, but it's clear you want to lead.
Baby, it’s all yours. I’m not a good dancer and frankly I’m not in the mood to dance right now (nothing that has to do with you, it’s me). Maybe another day? :)

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Baby, it’s all yours. I’m not a good dancer and frankly I’m not in the mood to dance right now (nothing that has to do with you, it’s me). Maybe another day? :)
Hilarious how your whole schtick went to hell in a handbasket when your Gints drafted a RB 2nd and still suck.

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

That's what everyone says when they are breaking up with someone.

Have you found someone else? Are you cheating?

aria

Reaction score
That's what everyone says when they are breaking up with someone.

Have you found someone else? Are you cheating?
Of course not sweety, had a rough day with the funeral of a good friend and co worker. A lot of things I just don’t care about right now. As time passes I’m sure we can hit the dance floor again and you can woo me with your moves but for now I’ll just sit back and admire your work from the sidelines.

Just be sure you don’t forget about me because Zeke isn’t going anywhere and neither am I!

superonyx

Reaction score
He did look like he was trying harder and more motivated.
Unless you know the details of a play call you can’t know the effort level of a player. people are looking at how fast a player runs as a sign of effort.
how do you know if the blocking scheme required the RB to be patient and let his block set up?
People actually believe a RB should take the handoff and run as fast as they can. This is surface level thinking.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Run defense is not a top priority in the modern NFL.

I'm a fan of Zeke, but (no offense, you are a good poster) if you think he is on par with Barry Sanders then you probably were not an adult during the era that Sanders played.

The Lions rarely had a good team around Sanders.

In his 2nd to last season, Barry Sanders had 2053 rushing yards with 6.1 yards/carry and this was his OLine:

LT Ray Roberts
LG Mike Compton
OC Kevin Glover
RG Jeff Hartings
RT Larry Tharpe

Only Glover had ever made a Pro Bowl at the time. Hartings did make the Pro Bowl/All-Pro several years later with another team but he was just a scrappy 2nd year player in his first season as a full time starter.

Zeke has 3 multi-time All-Pro OLinemen plus La'el Collins who just got a 50M contract.

Jim Brown, as you probably know, was impossible to compare to later eras, even the Barry Sanders era. Most NFL players back then had full time jobs in the off-season. The league still had significant segregationist policies and the number of minorities and low income people in general that played college football was very limited. The great Cowboys DT Bob Lilly was about the size of current LB Vander Esch. Bob Hayes was so much faster than players back than that they invented the zone defense to cover him. The Cowboys had a practice squad player a few years ago that has an official 100 meter time that is faster than Hayes best official time.

Hi walker, sorry for the late response to the reply. No worries my friend, no offense taken. :)

Yes, I saw Barry Run in that Era. He was an amazing and fun-to-watch RB. And you are correct, he didn't have much of a team around him for most of his career.

The exception there was the '91 Lions team that took us out of the playoffs. Ironically, in that game, we held Barry to roughly 20 yards or less for the entire game. Until the end when Barry took off for about a 50 yrd TD. However that TD had little impact on the game. We were already down about 30 points (going off memory on this last statement).

However, to my point, Barry had quite a few negative plays and no-gain plays. But he was a blast to watch when he took off for the home-run TD.

-If I want a SB, I go with Emmitt. If I want a fun to watch player I go with Barry.
-That is the same as today. If I want a SB I stay with Zeke. If I want just fun-to-watch player I go with Barkley.

-So is Zeke worth top RB play? YES
-Would have Emmitt, Barry, and Brown been worth top RB play in todays game? YES

I guess, it's all about preference. I like the RBs that are picking up yards consistently. It wins me the games.

Proof

Reaction score
I can post shirtless pics of myself if that helps you...

just to clarify, I thought your post was funny. In no way was my like an endorsement of you posting a shirtless pic