Iggles getting ready to obtain Indy's NO. 1 pick

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh no doubt, and ill call them out as well. Dak with this offense at full strength was nearly unstoppable to start this season, struggled as the Oline has slipped and lost his two best receivers. Happens with all QBs. Even people thought Brady was done his last couple years in NE, now he is on an offense with weapons and he one of the best again. QBs need some support, even the greats.
Ehh...has the offense ever been full at strength? Aside from last game? Seems like guys got hurt week 1 if I'm not mistaken.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Assuming Wentz doesn't have some career-ending injury, it looks like the trade has worked out well for both parties.
  • Indy is happy with the renewed progress of Wentz under Reich. So far, 22 TDs, 5 Ints, and a team playing well
  • Philly needed to part ways with Wentz and will get a late 1st rounder to do so.

Reactions: CWR

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ehh...has the offense ever been full at strength? Aside from last game? Seems like guys got hurt week 1 if I'm not mistaken.
Point taken...week 1 Martin was out with the C word, Gallup has missed most of the season, etc. Still a team is hardly ever 100%. I'm sure Indy has rarely had a 100% healthy lineup as well, but that doesnt mean Wentz hasnt had a strong supporting cast. First half of this season though the Oline was playing well, Zeke started the season looking like a new back, had Lamb/Coop, etc.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Assuming Wentz doesn't have some career-ending injury, it looks like the trade has worked out well for both parties.
  • Indy is happy with the renewed progress of Wentz under Reich. So far, 22 TDs, 5 Ints, and a team playing well
  • Philly needed to part ways with Wentz and will get a late 1st rounder to do so.

They are 7-6....I think they have to be disappointed with their return on investment even though his stats don't look bad.
Eagles I'm sure would've rather have kept him then get a late 1st rounder for him and screw their cap space up.

I'd probably say its a fail for both teams...Colts wanted Matthew Stafford and had to settle for Carson Wentz.

Its funny....the Colts are 3-1 in their last 4 games....in the 3 wins he didn't throw for more than 180 yards....in the loss he threw for 300 Yards that resulted in 2 interceptions....They take the ball out of his hands and they are winning.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
they have. but having 3 definitely improves the odds.
You know what's funny about that....I tried to find what have teams done who have had more than 1 1st round pick in a draft...its a depressing *** list. Its like the more picks you have the more screw ups you get lol. I mean some of the teams....they had a top 5 pick and still screwed it up lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's not entirely true. Lamb has missed, Tyron has missed, La'el has missed, Cooper has missed....I can't say the offense has been truly at "full strength" for much of this year.
zekes on one knee, Jarwns out, LC was suspended 5 games, steele was out last week..Cwill was removed, tat big change..

I mean is this dude blind or needed to say tht..both sides of the ball has been missing pieces all year, won game without dak with rush..miss those?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well they gave up a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd to move up to get him!

Proof

Reaction score
Carson Wentz has also played better than and more consistently than Dak this year.

Yeah, I said it.

interesting. care to qualify it? worse record, worse stats, w/ arguably a better o-line and the best running back in football. i'm gonna need some insight here. he's protected the ball better, but that's about it. hell Dak even has better volume stats despite playing 2 less games. completion pct, qbr, etc etc. what exactly are you basing this on?

Proof

Reaction score
You know what's funny about that....I tried to find what have teams done who have had more than 1 1st round pick in a draft...its a depressing *** list. Its like the more picks you have the more screw ups you get lol. I mean some of the teams....they had a top 5 pick and still screwed it up lol.

yeah. the browns come to mind. boy they have been brutal over the years

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We cannot get anything for players like Jaylon Smith when his tenure with the Pokes is over but the Eagles find a way to get a number one pick for an injured and questioning his abilities QB who was essentially run out of Philadelphia.

Jerruh, please hire a real GM because you and Stephen are just not cutting it. Your efforts during the past 25 years has been abysmal.

Eagles On Track To Clinch First-Round Pick From Carson Wentz Trade - NFLTradeRumors.co
:facepalm: A QB drafted high in the first round with a Super Bowl ring is worth alot more than a gimpy LB drafted in the 2nd round and cannont walk or run straight and has bad tape all over the place.

Proof

Reaction score
I see, so nobody can like numerous aspects to a sports team but according to you they have to ignore the off-season in the middle of the season as looking forward is a no no and people have to live in the here and now based on your post.....and if they dare look forward they are not a true fan. Okay, good luck with that.

don't be obtuse. it's the wording, "the off-season can't get here fast enough." that implies you're more interested in that, than what's currently going on. which is odd to say the least. Maybe that's not what you meant, but it's clear as day why it's being interpreted that way.

Proof

Reaction score

nope. which is even more of a testament imo. no zack week one. no collins the following month, no gallup for two months, no tyron for a month, ceedee and amari out, zeke hobbled and a ton of that overlapped. at some point things really converge and become bigger than the sum of the parts. we rolled w/ some key inactives for the first two months. hit a rough patch where a whole lot of things seemed to stack and compound the issues. hoping this weekend is a turning point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yeah. the browns come to mind. boy they have been brutal over the years

Exactly who I think about and man is it dreadful...some years a top 3 pick...some years a 1st overall pick and still screw up their 1st rounds lol..

3 Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin [26]
22 Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame [27]

3 Trent Richardson RB Alabama
22 Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State

8 Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
22 Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M

12 Danny Shelton DT Washington
19 Cameron Erving C Florida State

1 Myles Garrett * DE Texas A&M
25 Jabrill Peppers S Michigan
29 David Njoku TE Miami

1 Baker Mayfield * QB Oklahoma
4 Denzel Ward CB Ohio State

It gets fun when you get to the Raiders....I mean JUST A YEAR AGO the draft was a fail lol. Normally we wait 3 or 4 years to be able to do it.....

4 Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson
24 Josh Jacobs RB Alabama
27 Johnathan Abram S Mississippi State

12 Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
19 Damon Arnette CB Ohio State

phildadon86

Reaction score
daks was coming off 2 injuries hadn't played all preseason and 10 games last year i mean what's your point..?
That we have been injured all year? Not sure if you are assuming that I am attacking the team I am not. I was saying this coming sunday will be the first time we see this team at full strength and it will be glorious