Ihop vs Denny's vs waffle house

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm not a breakfast guy. Now and then I will eat a big breakfast at a place like that and when I do I always feel sluggish all day. I usually just eat a piece of fruit or a bowl of cereal if I eat at all.

I love biscuits and gravy and sausage as a breakfast. For this reason I think I prefer Denny's of those 3, but if my wife and I do go for breakfast I like to look for Hometown Buffet over any of those.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Cracker Barrel puts them all to shame. Give me an Uncle Herschel's breakfast any day!

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Depends on what type of time schedule I am on.

In a hurry...Waffle House.
All day...IHOP (The wait is always stupid for breakfast)
Enough time to sit and enjoy...Denny's.

Overall food :

Denny's
Waffle House
IHOP

Never been to a Cracker Barrel, might have to check it out sometime.
Bob Evans was pretty good when I went there though.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing about Waffle House and Denny's is they are open 24 hrs....at least in my neck of the woods.

Also Just because of the Name of the places, it does not mean they only serve breakfast meals. Can not speak of IHOP as I have never been there.

Denny's, Waffle House and the Omelette Shop (sp?) were good places to eat late late after being out at the club.

Not fine dining by any stretch but they were open and when you are hungry you are hungry.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I work at Denny's. I'm very tired of their food so I'd never go to one outside of work anymore.

That being said Denny's is still the best, and was my favorite before I started working there.

They have some really good prices and a wide selection of food for any time of day. The new $2, $4, $6, $8 menu has some real good deals on it.

If I actually want to go out for Pancakes/Waffles/Crepes or anything of that nature, I go to IHOP. They have a much better selection of syrups/fruits/toppings for that kind of stuff.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3830152 said:
Also Just because of the Name of the places, it does not mean they only serve breakfast meals. Can not speak of IHOP as I have never been there.

IHOP has a full menu too. Only time I have ever ordered more than breakfast unless it was late night as you pointed out. IHOP is not always 24 hours though from what I have seen. Their other menu items (burgers and such) are not worth going.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My grandmother makes the best breakfast. Well, she used too. She turned 91 yesterday. She doesn't cook anymore since my grandfather passed away :/

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IHOP
Waffle house
Denny's

I think Denny's has the best pancakes, but I think IHOP has the best breakfast combos. Especially now that they have turkey sausage.

Waffle House waffles are actually overrated, but I like their Grilled chicken and eggs combo.

I've only been to Cracker Barrel once and that was for a lunch. It was ok. Kinda bland, tho.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;3830210 said:
IHOP
Waffle house
Denny's

I think Denny's has the best pancakes, but I think IHOP has the best breakfast combos. Especially now that they have turkey sausage.

Waffle House waffles are actually overrated, but I like their Grilled chicken and eggs combo.

I've only been to Cracker Barrel once and that was for a lunch. It was ok. Kinda bland, tho.

Cracker barrel is ok...way over rated IMO.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
zrinkill;3830235 said:
I am biased so I will not vote.
Lemme know which one you work as a waiter at and I'll stop by and leave a tip some time.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3830253 said:
Cracker barrel is ok...way over rated IMO.
I just recall thinking it had no flavor.

It was cooked well, smelled good, but had no taste.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
IHOP and it's not even close. It's a completely different class of place compared to the others.

Denny's and Waffle House are both kind of low rent as far as restaurant's go, but of those 2 Denny's has a better selection.