Ihop vs Denny's vs waffle house

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3830557 said:
IHOP's Harvest Grain 'N Nut pancakes are GREATNESS!!

I went to IHOP for the first time ever for breakfast with one of my friends a few weeks ago and I thought about getting those, but I wasn't sure how good they would be. I'll definitely try them since you give them props! :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate chip pancakes might be the worst thing I've ever eaten. Yuck.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ozzu;3830724 said:
a massive plate-sized waffle with a mountain of hash browns on the side from Waffle House is pretty tasty. And it's so cheap.

My mouth is watering right now.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
VietCowboy;3830675 said:
Not in Nashville. This was in Murfreesboro, the one by the Walmart. The server was like...um...let me get you a new drink. lol, I did not have an appetite for the rest of the night (it was a late evening meal)

I am not a big fan of M'boro so I can't say as this doesn't surprise me. But I do like the shopping area off Medical Center Pkway.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Scambled egg, cheese, and bacon grilled melt on Texas toast with a side of hash browns topped...

That's my Sunday morning breakfast at the Waffle House.

By the way, the waffles have gotten smaller recently...gosh darn economy.

Wimbo

Reaction score
"I woke up today and had breakfast at the INTERNATIONAL House of Pancakes. Because when you walk into the place you're just overwhelmed by that distinct worldwide feel. I had trouble with the complex "international" menu as it were, so I decided on the Flapjack d'Jour. My syrup steward helped me with the selection; I chose a pretty dry maple. It was busy, but never precocious... You know I find it hard to believe that these places are "international." I mean, if you're on the Champs Elysees, are you really going to eat at this {cuss}-hole? Just imagine some austere French captain lean over and say, "Pardon me monsieur, but is that the sausage link or patty?" Oh, what the hell- I feel gigi- let's say link. For the first time in my life, {dangit}, I am alive!"
- Dennis Miller, in a rant a long time ago

Wimbo

Reaction score
Cracker Barrels pancakes are awesome. I like the plain ones with a couple of those small bottles of warm maple syrup. My goodness... I just gained 2# thinking about them.
and the hash brown casserole rocks.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Wimbo;3831181 said:
Cracker Barrels pancakes are awesome. I like the plain ones with a couple of those small bottles of warm maple syrup. My goodness... I just gained 2# thinking about them.
and the hash brown casserole rocks.

Yes it does... the wife found the recipe on teh internets and we have it often... easy to make and delicious...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Vintage;3830397 said:
After the party, its the waffle house, if you ever been there, you know what I'm talking about...

where people don't dance all they do is this, and after the original you know what it is...

;)

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Waffle House's sole purpose is to feed the drunk.
They have pretty good food after 2 AM...but it's rather gross when you're sober, lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone have a Prairie Kitchen?

I always liked their breakfast.

Reaction score
Faerluna;3830983 said:
I went to IHOP for the first time ever for breakfast with one of my friends a few weeks ago and I thought about getting those, but I wasn't sure how good they would be. I'll definitely try them since you give them props! :)

Here's a second vote for the harvest grain and nut pancakes. They're terrific.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
For anyone going to IHOP, try the cinn-a-stack pancakes. I had them a couple of months back and they were delicious.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ozzu;3831834 said:
For anyone going to IHOP, try the cinn-a-stack pancakes. I had them a couple of months back and they were delicious.

I suggest getting the international crepe deal, strawberry and banana , make sure to get an extra crepe though as 1 was not enough for me, but I also eat alot :laugh2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
As for Bob Evans (or equivalent - pretty sure it's called something else in Dallas isn't it?) I just have one thing to say - Cinamon Swirls.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3832414 said:
As for Bob Evans (or equivalent - pretty sure it's called something else in Dallas isn't it?) I just have one thing to say - Cinamon Swirls.

Used to be called "Owen's Restaurant" (after the sausage family) but they shut them all down...