Im a genius (how to watch the game online)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Do I understand correctly, this is a way to pay to see the game as someone in a foreign country?

cowboys19

Reaction score
Hostile;1060808 said:
Do I understand correctly, this is a way to pay to see the game as someone in a foreign country?

yes

as Tuna helper said i dont know if its illegal or not, but im sure nothing will come of it

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1060808 said:

That is my understanding. I wonder how the FCC would feel about this?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys19;1060810 said:
yes

as Tuna helper said i dont know if its illegal or not, but im sure nothing will come of it
If you are paying for it, what would be illegal about it? There's nothing illegal about proxy servers. If they were, big companies like AOL wouldn't use them.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1060812 said:
If you are paying for it, what would be illegal about it? There's nothing illegal about proxy servers. If they were, big companies like AOL wouldn't use them.

Not sure either, but I assume if they wanted those in the USA to see the games in this manner, then there wouldn't be a need for this workaround. There are some strange rules when it comes to football, tv, and the internet.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1060817 said:
Not sure either, but I assume if they wanted those in the USA to see the games in this manner, then there wouldn't be a need for this workaround. There are some strange rules when it comes to football, tv, and the internet.
Yeah, I gather that, but there's nothing illegal about proxy servers, so they must know it can be done. They just assume most won't know how to do it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
cowboys19;1060810 said:
i dont know if its illegal or not, but im sure nothing will come of it
That's how I had my first kid.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sonnyboy;1060731 said:
No. They actually read very well and probably make sense to most people here. I'm just that technically/computer challanged.

Following instructions has nothing to do with being technically/computer-ly challenged:D

Just read.

dback

Reaction score
Here is a different way to apply these settings.

(1) Open NOTEPAD [ START >> Run >> notepad ]

(2) Copy and paste the following code into notepad

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"ProxyServer"="XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX"
"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001
"ProxyOverride"="127.0.0.1"

Replace XX.XX.XX.XX with the IP address of the European SSL Proxy Server and XXXX with the port number.

(3) Save this file [ FILE >> Save As ]

IMPORTANT: Save the file to the desktop or somewhere you can get to it. In the "Save As" dialogue box, change the file type to "All Files" and save the file as "NFLPASS.reg". The ".reg" extension is very important.

(4) Close Notepad

(5) In Explorer, browse to the folder that you saved the file.

(6) Double-click NFLPASS.reg and hit yes to all prompts.

(7) Restart INTERNET EXPLORER and see if NFLPASS works.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Proxy addresses are not illegal. The only thing illegal would be signing in with someone else's Yahoo! username and password that has purchased the Game Pass with their credit card, which is what I would have to do since I am broke. It can be done though, but that is as far as I will go about that.

Now if you guys wanted to chip in together and buy a channel just for the users on this site, that might work, if you could find a way for multiple users to be logged in at the same time.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Legally, yes you have to pay. Illegally, nope, but you have to find the username and password of someone that has purchased the service.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
This is more of a loophole than something illegal.

Technically you ARE viewing this data (football game) from another country. The data has to route to that Proxy server in another country which then routes to you. If anyone is at fault it is the other country illegally broadcasting the game to you LOL

You can be caught if they suspect you are doing this but it I highly doubt this is the kind of thing they are sweating over at the FCC and FBI.

Wood

Reaction score
25 dollars sounds kind of steep to see a game.

aga11ah

Reaction score
off topic sorta..

is the game gonna be on that SopCast program again this week?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dricas24;1060938 said:
So this thing isn't free? So what is the point?
Probably for those that don't have the NFL network and can't get NFL Sunday Ticket.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. $25 is a steep price to pay for a game and especially this game. Later in the year though when the boys are playing someone better then I'm sure I will feel different.