Im Already Sick of the 5-11 & Return to the Campo Years Talk

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Its gonna be a long off season with all this "tanking" and "rebuilding" and were headed for "5-11" BS. The whole coaching staff will be gone and Jerry's starting the rebuilding process and clearing salary cap room so he can bring in a new HC next year.

Ridiculous!

We were 8-8 with an injury riddled Defense. How will it be any worse? Because we lost Ware's 6 sacks? We dont get Spencer back? Hatcher was worth 3 wins all by himself? Only an idiot would think the M & M's signings are anything other than depth for rotation. How will the offense be any worse? Has the draft been cancelled? No more FA signings will be allowed from this point on?

Ridiculous!

Suddenly the Eagles have already run away with the division because they signed a 31 yr old RB. We dont have a snowballs chance in hell.

Ridiculous!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Its gonna be a long off season with all this "tanking" and "rebuilding" and were headed for "5-11" BS. The whole coaching staff will be gone and Jerry's starting the rebuilding process and clearing salary cap room so he can bring in a new HC next year.

Ridiculous!

We were 8-8 with an injury riddled Defense. How will it be any worse? Because we lost Ware's 6 sacks? We dont get Spencer back? Hatcher was worth 3 wins all by himself? Only an idiot would think the M & M's signings are anything other than depth for rotation. How will the offense be any worse? Has the draft been cancelled? No more FA signings will be allowed from this point on?

Ridiculous!

Suddenly the Eagles have already run away with the division because they signed a 31 yr old RB. We dont have a snowballs chance in hell.

Ridiculous!

Inb4 relocation to Rant Zone.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. There's a difference between a young up and coming team that made it to 8-8 after years of losing records and an old team that's gone 8-8 three straight years and has issues with the cap.

cml750

Reaction score

Ridiculous!

Ridiculous!

Ridiculous!

Warning, Jason Garrett is still the coach so be really careful how high you set your personal Dallas Cowboys goals because the higher you set them the more you have to fall when reality sets in and you realize Garrett is still a coach in training by Jerry Jones.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Given the personnel on offense and the influx of new drafted talent, I would normally agree that "ANY improvement" from the statistically worst defense in Cowboys history should see an improvement in W/L record of a game or 2- except this year, with this schedule. I'm not conceding anything- but you have to wonder if this defense could actually be WORSE than last year's injury riddled and depth challenged unit...

cml750

Reaction score
Given the personnel on offense and the influx of new drafted talent, I would normally agree that "ANY improvement" from the statistically worst defense in Cowboys history should see an improvement in W/L record of a game or 2- except this year, with this schedule. I'm not conceding anything- but you have to wonder if this defense could actually be WORSE than last year's injury riddled and depth challenged unit...

Defense worse???? Impossible,because Garrett will be taking a more active role in defense.:eek::( Doesn't that just make you feel giddy inside.:rolleyes:

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Inb4 relocation to Rant Zone.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. There's a difference between a young up and coming team that made it to 8-8 after years of losing records and an old team that's gone 8-8 three straight years and has issues with the cap.

When did we become an old team? I'm pretty sure we just let go of the only old on our team not named Witten or Romo.

As much as people don't want to admit it, we will probably not be any worse than a team close to .500 with Romo at the helm. He may not have the playoff wins, but he is worhth a few regular season games by himself.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Maybe co- head coaches would work

5721328-e1375320072816.jpg

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
When did we become an old team? I'm pretty sure we just let go of the only old on our team not named Witten or Romo.

As much as people don't want to admit it, we will probably not be any worse than a team close to .500 with Romo at the helm. He may not have the playoff wins, but he is worhth a few regular season games by himself.

You have a point with the age thing. I was mostly looking at those core Parcells guys that are still here that made big impacts or were relied upon to make big impacts last year (Ware, Witten, Romo, Hatcher).

But do you see us as a young exciting team? I see Dez (needs to be resigned), Tyron (needs to be resigned) Sean Lee (oft injured) and TFred.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You have a point with the age thing. I was mostly looking at those core Parcells guys that are still here that made big impacts or were relied upon to make big impacts last year (Ware, Witten, Romo, Hatcher).

But do you see us as a young exciting team? I see Dez (needs to be resigned), Tyron (needs to be resigned) Sean Lee (oft injured) and TFred.

Other young guys are DeMarco Murray, Terrance Williams, Bruce Carter, Dan Bailey, Barry Church, and Tyrone Crawford. And let's not give up on Morris Claiborne and Gavin Escobar just yet.

cej757

Reaction score
Once Seattle gets a hold of this team next season is when all the Sunshine pumping will stop around here. This team has a long way to go before they can fix that defense. One draft will not plug every hole.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Once Seattle gets a hold of this team next season is when all the Sunshine pumping will stop around here. This team has a long way to go before they can fix that defense. One draft will not plug every hole.

no but there are a few i wish it would plug.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Other young guys are DeMarco Murray, Terrance Williams, Bruce Carter, Dan Bailey, Barry Church, and Tyrone Crawford. And let's not give up on Morris Claiborne and Gavin Escobar just yet.

Yeah, There is some good young talent here to build around. Frederick is already one of the leagues better centers and he's just getting started. The O-line in general has turned into a pretty nice unit. Murray really is a talented back who is also just getting started.

However, Bruce Carter appears to be a devout coward... or at least isn't very fond of contact. It would surprise me if he turns it around, but he could.

Anyway... anyone saying this is an old team just isn't paying attention.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

The only person on that Seattle offense that worries me in the slightest is Marshawn Lynch.

The defense, on the other hand... they are all pretty worrisome. Like rabid dogs.