Im Already Sick of the 5-11 & Return to the Campo Years Talk

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
So here's whatcha do. If anyone has titled their post anything to the effect of "we're going to be a 5 and 11 Campo-esque team," don't open it. You're not obligated to read every post that gets written here.

What makes you think all the foolishness is just posted here in the Twilight Zone?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Its gonna be a long off season with all this "tanking" and "rebuilding" and were headed for "5-11" BS. The whole coaching staff will be gone and Jerry's starting the rebuilding process and clearing salary cap room so he can bring in a new HC next year.

Ridiculous!

We were 8-8 with an injury riddled Defense. How will it be any worse? Because we lost Ware's 6 sacks? We dont get Spencer back? Hatcher was worth 3 wins all by himself? Only an idiot would think the M & M's signings are anything other than depth for rotation. How will the offense be any worse? Has the draft been cancelled? No more FA signings will be allowed from this point on?

Ridiculous!

Suddenly the Eagles have already run away with the division because they signed a 31 yr old RB. We dont have a snowballs chance in hell.

Ridiculous!

The Cowboys weren't any good before all the injuries. Go back and watch the first 5 games and tell me that's a playoff defense.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Post Romo will get ugly IMO. I also don't think we will hit on our first QB after romo. I fully expect a Blaine Gabbert or Christian ponder mistake which will extend the bad years by several more.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I didnt say they were a playoff defense.

Well, then don't poo poo on folks predicting 5-11 then. Some of us are realistic about this teams immediate future. I for one believe that without a fantastic draft, we'll be lucky to finish 8-8 and 5-11 is probably closer to reality.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well, then don't poo poo on folks predicting 5-11 then. Some of us are realistic about this teams immediate future. I for one believe that without a fantastic draft, we'll be lucky to finish 8-8 and 5-11 is probably closer to reality.

Ok, so Ware's 6 sacks and the loss of Hatcher will cost us 3 games?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Remember this year's schedule also - NFC West (ugh), Chicago, NO, AFC South

Any chance to go meet or go higher than 8-8 rests on sweeping the AFC South. I don't expect to sweep the giants and Commanders again - division games are tough

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
with the schedule the cowboys have to play and there defense they are on the road to 3 and 13 4 and 12 or 5 and 11

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Once Seattle gets a hold of this team next season is when all the Sunshine pumping will stop around here. This team has a long way to go before they can fix that defense. One draft will not plug every hole.

I don't see anybody claiming that it will, aside from your "realist" cohorts who wanted old guys released and now are similarly mad that we let them go and didn't sign their 10-year younger clones because realist.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don't see anybody claiming that it will, aside from your "realist" cohorts who wanted old guys released and now are similarly mad that we let them go and didn't sign their 10-year younger clones because realist.

Is this like all the pissing and moaning about all the bad contracts that put us in cap hell so now Jerry couldnt keep Ware? You know that old guy Ware who was overpaid and we couldnt continue to pay this bad contract because of all the other bad contracts?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ok, so Ware's 6 sacks and the loss of Hatcher will cost us 3 games?

Even Spags on Talking Cowboys yesterday responded to a caller by agreeing that right now there is no logical reason to think this team will be better than 500

Now he said that might change In the future, but right now this team looks worse after losing Ware