Im Already Sick of the 5-11 & Return to the Campo Years Talk

rpntex

Reaction score
So because this team had a plan 25 years back we should believe in them now?

Were there plans in the intervening 25 years ? Was there a plan in 2013, 2011, 2011 ? How did they work out?

Absolutely, there have been "plans" all along. Just as with every organization, they don't always work out. Jerry has had less success with his plans than others, bit that's not the discussion here.

Just as with every topic in this bipolar place, it's become a "Jerry sucks" discussion.

Novacek84

Reaction score
That's pure BS. when the Walker trade went down, Cowboy Nation went full-scale meltdown. He wad this team's only bonafide player of note, and the fans had very little cognizance of any kind of plan.

It's not BS. They were 1-15 with Walker for half the season. They weren't going anywhere with that group. So infusion of talent thought the draft was the only option. I think most fans knew it was only up after the bottoming out in 1989. If we were told that was the plan now, 1-15 again but then long term, tangible improvement, most fans would be all over it. Better than this 8-8 purgatory.

Novacek84

Reaction score
I really don't care to go 8-8 anymore, I'd rather 0-16 and the number 1 draft pick. Money is so evil. And Jones' love for money shows pure evil, IMO. What else does a billionaire want financially that he doesn't already have? His little adolescent brain can't seem to get enough money. Money gave him everything, excluding looks. But with money, who needs looks. His love for money will not allow him to blow this thing up and get real football minds in here. This regime of Garrett & Jones will go down as one of the most miserable tenures in Cowboys history. It must be nice to play God and sit on your little thrown and just pee all over the fans, and all we can say is, give us more.

Letting one of our greats go because of your ineptness, is inexcusable. There's a thing called loyalty and just flat out doing the right thing. But Jones has no dignity, and people who defend him deserve him. To me, you allow Ware & Witten to retire cowboys, and you do what you have to do to make that happen.

Show me how many titles you've collected by cutting all the guys you've cut in the last 8 years? Because cutting guys to save money doesn't make you a Super Bowl contender. If you want to rescue your team, try hiring an actual coach. Try drafting a real QB, try hiring a REAL GM. Cutting Cowboy greats won't get you your title. Defense or no defense, this is a sad team that will stay right at the mediocre to just barely make the playoffs enough to get bounced in the first round, and give naive fans a reason to think they are better. People will say, greats get cut all the time, look at Montana. Last I checked, they had someone in place for Montana, not to mention, those people knew what they were doing. Jones has the football IQ of a woodpecker, and he has the nerves to think he's on his way? hahahahahaha

I wouldn't be so upset at this if we actually had someone that knew what they were doing. Yeah, the money does work. So now what? This is the part where your ineptness comes in. So far, I'm not impressed. And personally, I don't care whom you draft because even if you got lucky in the 1st round and found a gem, you'll back it up by bombing in the rest of the rounds. So we'll end up with a great pass rusher, like we had, and nothing else. Same position.

But by all means OP, enjoy yourself. I've seen your types of posts for 5 years now. And I laugh at your type every year, and I'm laughing at you now.

I don't just like, I love this post. I second everything you say here because it is the truth. Like you I have turned on this team until I see real change and improvement. I'll always watch but not in the same way.

cml750

Reaction score
and because someone loves the cowboys, they're suddenly incapable of doing the same. if you want respect for your opinion, you give it to others.

period.

You know what they say about opinions, the are like butt holes (or is is elephant butts???;)), every one has one and they all stink. My opinion has no more weight than yours or anyone elses. In truth Jerry's opinion is the only one that really matters. So if I somehow offended you then I apologize.

Prossman

Reaction score
That's the problem, we can't get a new QB. We're married to Romo thanks to that idiotic contract. We're rebuilding with an aging QB who just entered the 1st year of a 100 million dollar contract and coming off multiple back surgeries. You don't give an old QB that kind of deal unless you're ready to win now.

The only solution is to draft one. That may force us to havethe highest paid bench warmer on the roster but so be it